• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL SUPER Wildcard Weekend |OT| The most super of wildcards, folks

bucyou

2021-playoff-bracket2.png

Saturday, January 9th, 2021

IND@BUF 1:05PM ET
LAR@SEA 4:40PM ET
TB@WASH 8:15PM ET

Sunday, January 10th, 2021

BAL@TEN 1:00PM ET
CHI@NO 4:40PM ET
CLE@PIT 8:15PM ET

I'll take

BUF
SEA
TB
TEN
NO
CLE

I'm going to choose:

Buffalo (I like their chances, and coming out of a big win, they should pull it off)
Seahawks (Not really bothered for this game, so I'm 50-50 on this choice)
Buccaneers (Come on! Against a sub 0.500 team it should be an easy win!)
Titans (They bet New England and Baltimore last year, so they might do it again)
Saints (Bears have .500, so expecting a Saints win here)
Browns (Steelers are on a slump, so I'm not expecting much from them)

I’m just happy we made the playoffs. Daniel Snyder is a disaster and we rarely make it so I’ll take it. Our QB has one leg and Antonio Gibson is dealing with turf toe. McLaurin has a high-ankle sprain so it’s not looking good. Chase Young and Montez Sweat should give Brady some trouble though. Should be fun.

I'm going to choose:

Buffalo (I like their chances, and coming out of a big win, they should pull it off)
Seahawks (Not really bothered for this game, so I'm 50-50 on this choice)
Buccaneers (Come on! Against a sub 0.500 team it should be an easy win!)
Titans (They bet New England and Baltimore last year, so they might do it again)
Saints (Bears have .500, so expecting a Saints win here)
Browns (Steelers are on a slump, so I'm not expecting much from them)
To be fair, that sub .500 team started Dwayne Haskins 6 times and won one of those games. They’ve lost one game with Alex Smith as the starter and the defense is #2 overall in DVOA rankings.

Tschumi

NO
WSH
LA
BUF
TEN
PIT

Packers are going to the SB where they will take on ... Buffalo

Last edited by a moderator:

greyshark

Buffalo
Seattle (I just can’t pick the Rams w/Wolford)
Tampa Bay (Want to pick Washington in an upset here, their defense is legit)
New Orleans (The Bears are a mediocre team with no chance to pull this off)
Baltimore (The Titans are frauds and will get lit up defensively)
Pittsburgh (Want to pick the Browns but think losing their coach will be too much to overcome)

HoodWinked

The Ravens lost to the Titans last year in the playoffs. So I went to see what exactly happened that game and at quick glance you'd think they'd won. Higher time of possession almost double the first downs, way more total yards and yet they got blown out 28 to 12. I don't think I've ever seen such a massive discrepancy in stats vs score.

image.png

Tschumi

The Ravens lost to the Titans last year in the playoffs. So I went to see what exactly happened that game and at quick glance you'd think they'd won. Higher time of possession almost double the first downs, way more total yards and yet they got blown out 28 to 12. I don't think I've ever seen such a massive discrepancy in stats vs score.

image.png
I hope they crack it for a SB some time soon, but this season isn't vintage..

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGrat1

image.png
LOL
7749002-20210107_030602.png

Final Score: Hou - 24 Pit - 6

Lone Wolf

Giants fan here, but I’m fully on the Bills bandwagon. Kinda always had them as my “second team” , plus I hate the Jets.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Nerve-racking game. I thought the Colts may have looked like the better team. Their O line was so dominant today. Bills weren't able to sniff Rivers all day.

But we had Josh Allen so we won.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Nick Wright challenged Colin Cowherd to the following bet...

Nick Wright: “I’m going to test your meddle on how much you believe in the ‘best team in football’, the Buffalo Bills. I’d like to make a wager with you, Colin. Let’s set the Bills playoff victory over/under at one, meaning if they win zero playoff games I win, and if they win two or more you win – one is a push… The loser has to do THIS in homage to the Bills Mafia. On TV, if the Bills make the conference championship or further I will do that, and if they go one-and-done in the playoffs, YOU will do that, preferably with Joy with the mustard and ketchup in hand, but you can negotiate that on your own. You can wear the goggles that they wear in championship celebrations. THAT’S the wager, are you in??”

Colin agreed to the bet.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I really don't think it is a stretch to say the Bills are the best team in football. Josh Allen is playing at a MVP level and locked in with Stefan Diggs, their defense is diesel, and they're super hot. The Chiefs obviously have something to say about that but the Bills are playing much better football. We'll see what happens but yea I don't think it's a stretch.

And it's also "mettle", not meddle.

diffusionx

Gold Member

NBC giving the TB12 brand free advertising lol

blanda looking like he smokes a pack of cigs and a shot of whiskey between drives

George Blanda looks like an absolute chad who banged cocktail waitresses and stewardesses before game day.

Reactions: MrS

greyshark

LFG Bears, it would be the cherry on top of my weekend to see the saints knocked out

Not gonna happen - this offense is not up to the task of scoring a TD against this D. At least it will avoid another national embarrassment against Green Bay.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The Bears' 3rd down play calling is atrocious. I don't watch them much but has it been like this all season?

greyshark

The Bears' 3rd down play calling is atrocious. I don't watch them much but has it been like this all season?

The last 5-6 weeks they’ve been the worst 3rd down defense in the league.

This team is broken at a fundamental level. They need to be blown up but their management does not have the guts to do it.

bucyou

Not gonna happen - this offense is not up to the task of scoring a TD against this D. At least it will avoid another national embarrassment against Green Bay.
yeah i see that now lol

isnt foles still there? cant be worse than mitch

Top Bottom