• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 PS4 / X1 - No EASHL in the game?

I wonder if it'll be up for XB1 before I have to get ready for work in the morning. I'd love to give it a whirl first thing, it'd save me the agony (and jealousy) of having wait 'til I get home from work. :)

Yeah I'm itching to check this demo out. Whichever store it's on first I'll be waiting....

EDIT: I wonder if the ps4 version is going to be any different (performance wise)

GravyButt

Bullshit mechanic that prevents the game from being competitive.

It basically boosts the other players team in every way to make games more "interesting".
Some of the signs are:
- Opposing team AI players being on super star difficulty while yours are amateur level slalom sticks
- Checks from behind normally don't do anything but suddenly a check from behind sends players flying
- Not being able to pick up pucks, simple passes won't connect
- Goalie falling on his ass all the time after a save and giving juicy rebounds
- Your players not being able to hit the net no matter how good the stats are on your players
- If you manage to get a shot on goal there's still a spider goalie standing on his head to beat
- Your goalie letting in backhand shots from blue line
- You get the puck in your own zone, no one breaks out to neutral zone no matter how long you look for an opening pass
etc. etc.

It doesn't happen all the time but when it really kicks in it sucks all the fun out of the game and you just want to snap the disc in half.

Thats why I quit so quickly last year. Usually I break controllers with the NHL series because I play for hours on end, but last year no way. Was a boxing game with major checking and a little bit of high school level hockey.

So how do you guys feel about the demo?

All I think about is EASHL while I'm playing it. I don't even know how to feel about it. It's so....foreign to me

So how do you guys feel about the demo?

All I think about is EASHL while I'm playing it. I don't even know how to feel about it. It's so....foreign to me

The demo feels great for me, I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would and it's still a day 1 buy for me despite how pissed off I am about no EASHL.

GravyButt

So which version plays better? Also what do you guys prefer for controller? Do you feel you get more control from the sticks on ps4 or xboxone?

Top Bottom