• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 Reveal on May 5th

RS4-

Waiting for missing features, new gimmicks, more glitch goals and exploits, more arcade play and trash.

KaYotiX

Banned
Hopefully it's not missing features! I really needed a NHL game this year since I skipped '14 since going strictly ps4 and Xbone

Certinty

Can't wait.

Bought 14 on the PS3, didn't even open the seal and sold it. Really looking forward to getting it on the PS4.

I've lost all confidence in the NHL dev team. In my opinion they are one of the biggest offenders with the 1 year cycle complacency.

Maybe with the longer dev time they'll actually make the hockey part of the game worth playing. And fix all the GM mode problems, like AI trading and drafting, prospect and ranking system etc etc etc. Lastly, maybe be a pro will finally become compelling.

The only game in my PS3 since PS4 launched has been NHL 14. Was wondering why they haven't teased anything especially during the playoffs. About time!

Let's hope it's a bigger improvement than the jump from Fifa/Madden was, though I doubt it. As long as EASHL isn't touched they'll have my money

Good to know that the announcement of the announcement of the 15 second trailer is happening soon

As much as I like Bill Clement they better have a new commentary team for next gen and a presentation overhaul... at the very least

Filth

Guys let's take bets on the cover. Goalie? Defence man? Foward? Last year they had that dumb vote. I say let them pick it and surprise us.

I'd like them to revamp defending.

- Every button draws a penalty too easily. Even cutting off passes is ridiculous now because it counts as a trip if guys skate over you when you go down or lay your stick down so people purposely skate into you to draw them.
- Give us full control over stick sweeping. I shouldn't have to hold RB/R1 to get an initial poke and then have that robotic left or right sweeping. I should be able to hold the button and instantly have the ability to control my stick perfectly at every angle to cut off passing lanes.
- Allow players to face directions more quickly. Even with full agility your guy still feels like he's on a weird pivot when at a standstill like a bubble hockey player and it's not realistic at all.

GravyButt

I hope its not completely made for last gen and newgen is just a higher resolution. Hopefully they take advantage of new gen power!

Aka, dont Madden this!

OneUh8

It's been a long time since I have bought a hockey game. I used to love them. Hopefully they can deliver a nice current gen game.

Filth

I filth from the New York division of neogaf votes for a New York ranger to be on the cover. Foward? We gotssss the zuccarelllllo. Defence? WE GOT RYAN THEMACTRUCK MCDONAGH. Another goalie cover? How bout the one thee only THE KING LUNDQVIST

Last year was the first year since 1999 I didn't buy the series.

I'm not expecting much this year.

Vita version would be nice, but EA is lazy as sin.

Top Bottom