• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February Thread - Ovechking sez, "Bang a hooker, then score 4 goals! Hi ladies!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
sefskillz said:
should be a good one in nashville tonight. preds need to get some points here before they go on this nasty road trip. looking forward to god bless america instead of the anthem, gotta throw those stars fans off lookin to sneak their chants into our arena ;)
Smith starts in goal tonight for us. Turco has been hot lately too. Smith has also been pretty awesome too. His last two starts were a bit ago though.

1-0 Win Shutout vs Minnesota and 6-2 win vs Blues

Osorio

That 2nd period was not so good for us. Here's to hoping for a good whooping in the locker room so we come out strong in the 3rd.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
TurtleSnatcher said:
Smith starts in goal tonight for us. Turco has been hot lately too. Smith has also been pretty awesome too. His last two starts were a bit ago though.

1-0 Win Shutout vs Minnesota and 6-2 win vs Blues
Smith shut us out last year, I dunno if we've played him yet this year.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
scissorfight said:
didn't the nucks have all 6 D out this year at one point?

granted they are pretty deep at D, but still...god damn.

It's pretty bleak when Edler (as good as he's been) is your best D-man. Top that off with one of your mediocre D-men (Weaver) being suited up as a forward and you've got a recipe for a cold streak.

We're coming back to form now, though.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Man, Sykora is flying today. Scored and hit a post. Emery doesn't look so hot in net right now.

Pens 1-0

kassatsu

Banned
purg3 said:
Man, Sykora is flying today. Scored and hit a post. Emery doesn't look so hot in net right now.

Pens 1-0
The fsn-pit stream is not on today, so i have to watch biased cbc coverage ;p.

Might switch to radio later, but this will do for now.

Solo

ForzaItalia said:
I think Gainey is going to do something big...just a hunch...

He won't, which sucks. The Canadiens management of the past decade, unless I am having a serious brainfart and forgetting something, haven't made a single blockbuster move. We seem to either stand pat or make some shitty little trade that has no effect on anything. Seems like we havent been in one of those really big trades since the mid 90's deal with Philly (the one with Leclair and Recchi and whoever).

I dunno, just seems like the Montreal brass hasnt had any balls on deadline day for a long time.

Osorio

Aw yeah, first place and the first win of the season versus the Isles!! Glad to see Gionta got on the score sheet as well. Somehow both the Pens and Sens must lose against each other.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Sandman42 said:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230373&hubname=
Sundin sounds like he won't be going anywhere right now.
To be honest, I would rather see Sundin play out his last seasons with Toronto than play with another team. He is a true captain.

Yeah, I always thought Sundin would be the first Leaf captain to retire as a Leaf. But I never thought the team's situation would get so bad that people would be serious about trading him :(

I wonder if he'll come back after this season. He can still play, though he has been struggling ever since these trade rumours started getting serious...

Osorio said:
Today's Devils-Isles game should be better than most of our matchups. I just hope this one fucking time we win against 'em. Unfortunately they're on their best winning streak since '03 =/

THE CURSE IS OVER!!! Devils 4, NY Iceholes 2!

I didn't want to post and jinx it but what an outstanding game by the Devils! The 2nd period was touch and go but they crushed 'em in the 3rd, with a 22-4 shot advantage DickPietro cracked open!

First in the East for now, but since the Islanders are a potential playoff opponent it was crucial knock them around, finally!

purg3

slept with Malkin
kassatsu said:
Holy shit Conk, what a save.

haha, that was awesome. But damn, Emery has really turned it around at the other end. He's keeping the Sens in the game all by himself.

Osorio

KilledByBill said:
I didn't want to post and jinx it but what an outstanding game by the Devils! The 2nd period was touch and go but they crushed 'em in the 3rd, with a 22-4 shot advantage DickPietro cracked open!
Really? I thought the 2nd was quite frustrating offensively but then again I may be wrong since I was talking on the phone. The 3rd was great on the attack and I want a Parise jersey about now. I do hope the Isles make the playoffs but goddamn we needed this win. Next up, a win against the Rags!

edit: Also good to see that we have another sellout.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
The Flyers remain in the hunt for 23-year-old Nashville defenseman Ryan Suter, sources say. The Predators have been scouting the Flyers for two weeks, and Suter is drawing attention

Carter please!

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
BigJonsson said:
Sundin needs to go, ugh

I guess he really doesn't want to play in the playoffs

Man it is his choice, he has earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants. If he wants to stay he can stay. This is so stupidly retarded anyway, dumbass Maple Leaf fans one trade isn't going to fix this team.

purg3

slept with Malkin
:lol :lol :lol LOL Sens look soooo bad right now. 2 on 0 rush leads to a goal for the pens. 3-0 now. I don't even think the sens have been in the pens zone all period.

kassatsu

Banned
purg3 said:
:lol :lol :lol LOL Sens look soooo bad right now. 2 on 0 rush leads to a goal for the pens. 3-0 now. I don't even think the sens have been in the pens zone all period.
The Pens forechecking atm is amazing.

May16

Vermette's strategy is amazing. Tie up a defenseman, knock him down, lie on top of him. As the defenseman struggles to get up, hold him there, and just keep holding him. Hold him there for a long time, despite the kicking and squirming. Why don't other people do this more often?

dem

sptSTANLEY-CUP-HOCKEY.jpg

purg3

slept with Malkin
sefskillz said:
fuckin malkin is ridiculous

2 crazy rushes in like a min.

He should probably have 5 or 6 goals this game if he would have just shot the puck instead of passing it off.

Osorio said:
Really? I thought the 2nd was quite frustrating offensively but then again I may be wrong since I was talking on the phone. The 3rd was great on the attack and I want a Parise jersey about now. I do hope the Isles make the playoffs but goddamn we needed this win. Next up, a win against the Rags!

edit: Also good to see that we have another sellout.

Well the key to the second period was killing off the long 5-on-3. Although the Devils didn't get much going offensively in the period the kept the Islanders from gaining any momentum. Having a good power play right in the closing minutes to end the second also seemed to give them a lot of confidence going into the 3rd where they just dominated.

Like they were saying on the broadcast though, if the Devils had even just a mediocre record against the New York teams this year they'd be comfortably in first in the East and up there with Dallas and Detroit in points. But if they keep playing like this the Rangers and Islanders will have their hands full with us the rest of the way.

And just to correct something:

"The Penguins were 8-11-2 on Nov. 22 when they traveled to Scotia Bank Place to face the 16-4-0 Senators. They trailed 5-3 in the third period, but came back to win 6-5 in a shootout. Since then, Pittsburgh has gone 27-10-3 - by far the best record in the East in that span - and on Saturday can leapfrog the Senators (35-20-6) in the standings."

The Devils' record was 9-10-2 as of 11/22/07, 2 pts. better than Pittsburgh. Since we're (for the moment) still 2 pts. ahead of the Pens I think it's fairer to say they've kept pace with New Jersey as the best in the East.:D

Whoever wins the Pens-Sens game tonight better do it in regulation, I'm sick of the pitty points this time of year!

EDITED: To include pictures of another glorious DiPietro meltdown:

1f6ce106-f6ab-474e-80ef-1e5500b4ab29.jpg

fcdbe9e1-00a5-48f3-8d2d-31ce6a698203.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Argh. I hate Heatley sooooooooooo much...

3-3. Sens have no business in this game. Pens still look like the stronger team and I have faith they can still win this cleanly in the third. The Sens have looked horrible.

Alucard

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
:lol @ Pens 3-0 collapse

We deserve the laughter a bit, but really, we played hard all game and had awesome chances to score the 4th goal in the 3rd and in OT. Alfie's winner was admittedly a pretty weak goal to give up by Conklin. I would say the Sens didn't so much win this game, as the Pens lost it. :-\

Alucard

Banned
May16 said:
Conklin finally returning to his true form?

Let's just call it an off day for now. He's been absolutely tremendous for the team this season and definitely deserves some slack for helping to carry us this far.

The Pens have also sucked with 2 and 3 goal leads for the past 3 seasons. I always get worried when we go up 2 on anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom