• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicki Minaj releases 3 tracks feat. Young Money & a Remy diss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

This is okay, but Shether was mad long, so many bars. This is really brief. A single verse. Multiply this by 4 verses and it wouldnt be so bad in response, but its just outsized.

On the other hand this is going to get radio play.

Can't even say that, nothing was memorable about this song.

There's nothing memorable about Nickis entire discography. Never stopped it from getting spins. Don't kid yourself, this is going to get radio play.

Slayven

This is okay, but Shether was mad long, so many bars. This is really brief. A single verse. Multiply this by 4 verses and it wouldnt be so bad in response, but its just outsized.

There's nothing memorable about Nickis entire discography. Never stopped it from getting spins. Don't kid yourself, this is going to get radio play.

Yeah, but for the queen it was a weak response that took too long. And she had to run and get backup. While Shether was on some No Vaseline type shit.

Samara

Why release it on a Thursday? Now folks going to be roasting Nicki all day when they should be working.

In time for donkey of the day. Set us off for the weekend. Now that She Ether is no longer allowed to be played... I like the beat, and the felon word play otherwise bleh

Compbros

Multiply by 4 verses and it would be 4 times the weak sauce.

No, I'm not kidding myself. No matter what her songs have SOMETHING: production, a catchy hook, a few bars that make you pause, her overwhelming personality, SOMETHING. Everyone phoned it in, the beat is pure nothingness, the hook is terrible, delivery is flat. It's a weak song in every aspect which her singles rarely are.

royalan

Nicki...Nicki...My girl Nicki...

What was that?

First off, you take Ls for making us wait for this.

Secondly, you take additional Ls just for having to hide behind Drake and Weezy-F-Baby-Please-Say-The-Baby.

I mean, Remy went in on a 7 minute track, that was ALL HER talking raw dog shit about you.

And your response is these struggle bars? These splenda ass bars? These pumpkin spice latte lite on the foam ass bars? I mean this shit is so whitewashed her flow is in the sunken place.

No excuse for a poor performance when you made the choice to get in the ring.

Nicki ain't no queen.

Kaizer

Banned
What is this diss even? Terrible comeback & cheap ploy for radioplay by throwing throwaway verses from Drake & Wayne on it. Sad!

"Back to back oh you mean back to wack?
Me and drizzy laughed at that"

regarding her being in a 3 year relationship and ditching any ties very publically to someone who was there to help build her from the beginning of her career going public about loving a rival rapper and now trying to go back and say she was secretly just being fake the whole time on a song called "no frauds"

I don't think this is going to get radio play for positive reasons...

King Kovu

Wf7VaOm.gif

Remy: Nicki a fraud who rode Drake and Wayne (literally and figuratively) for success
Nicki: Grabs Drake & Wayne for the response track

That line about Remy's son was hot though. If Shether didnt exist, Nicki woulda got the W, but even as average as Remy's second diss was, Shether is too strong for people to forget.

Cipherr

No, I'm not kidding myself. No matter what her songs have SOMETHING: production, a catchy hook, a few bars that make you pause, her overwhelming personality, SOMETHING. Everyone phoned it in, the beat is pure nothingness, the hook is terrible, delivery is flat. It's a weak song in every aspect which her singles rarely are.

Ehehh. Okay then. I mean, no need to argue over this. Radio is gonna do what they do and it will be one or the other in 3 weeks. I personally see the radio spinning this track solely off the strength of these 3 artists all being on one track.

Compbros

Ehehh. Okay then. I mean, no need to argue over this. Radio is gonna do what they do and it will be one or the other in 3 weeks. I personally see the radio spinning this track solely off the strength of these 3 artists all being on one track.

It's gonna get spins but so did shether, it's a diss track response and the first Nicki/Drake/Wayne song in like 4 years but this will not get the heavy play that people think these three names automatically generate because it's a bad and, more damning, uninteresting song.

Edit: This will be the least spins of any single with these three.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's weird because she's kind of like Meek with the too little too late-ness of it all.

But she's also like Drake in that same example because like Drake, there's absolutely no scenario where the opponent (Remy) comes out ahead of Nicki.

Remy is already killing her own momentum by saying she regretted it. Should've bit her tongue and built up her resume some more so she could have been better prepared for the inevitable blacklisting.

lmao this was terrible.

The fact that she had to use her saviors to give this song some wings is sort of sad. Drake gave her a throwaway verse (like most of his work recently) and Wayne copied Future's style and called it a day.

Sounds great but I bet the full Drake reference track for this song is probably much more of a listenable song than this mess.

Oh well, she lost when it took her 13 days to respond.

Socivol

Automatic L for having to get your crew involved. Then the lines are weak as hell. She isn't the Queen of Rap she just had no competition. Remy Ma put her in her place and exposed her ass as being aint shit.

Remy is already killing her own momentum by saying she regretted it. Should've bit her tongue and built up her resume some more so she could have been better prepared for the inevitable blacklisting.

Her exact words "I don't regret it, but I'm not particularly proud of it either". She then went on about how shes all about building women up but she knows when to check someone who goes at her. I don't know how you got that out of the context of what she said on the podcast interview.

Remy: Nicki a fraud who rode Drake and Wayne (literally and figuratively) for success
Nicki: Grabs Drake & Wayne for the response track

The fact that Remy called it here "Got ya ghost-writers back so you think you lit" https://www.instagram.com/p/BRCvsSOjhjD/

Then Nicki makes a song with those same exact two dudes...

Donos

Coming late and then with drake and Wayne...? And then not even with hot fire?

Better stay on Instagram posting sales numbers.

L

royalan

Dissing people who can't diss back is freaking lame

Yep.

Eminem revealed himself to be the whiny-teenager-in-a-grown-ass-man's-body everyone knew him to be with that track. I mean, you coming at Mariah? And all because she didn't claim you? LOL. Oh, your poor feelings, Em.

And that's how you know Mariah won. When you can get somebody so mad. So in their feelings, that they inadvertently prove your point.

outsida

It was smart to go with something that will get radio play because it will make it look better for her. This shit is trash as a diss though.

Erv

You do realize that was the reason the LL track exist?

And for the revisionist on this board who like to rewrite what actually happened

1) Canibus lost
2) He appalogized for going at LL
3) He was done after that, career was finished
You think I don't know the history. I listened to the phone conversation between bis and LL that just shows how big of a snake LL is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom