• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicolas Cage says lost Superman movie is 'more powerful' than the actual films

Link.

Before Brandon Routh and Henry Cavill picked up the Man of Steel moniker from Christopher Reeve, there was a point when Nicolas Cage might have become Superman. Cage and director Tim Burton spent years working on Superman Lives in the 1990s and the never-happened feature remains one of the most discussed lost projects in recent Hollywood history. But Cage says the fact that Superman Lives isn’t a real movie is almost irrelevant at this point.

“I would offer that the movie that Tim and I would have made, in your imagination, is more powerful than any of the Superman movies. I didn’t even have to make the movie and we all know what that movie would have been in your imagination. That is the Superman. That is the movie. Even though you never saw it — it is the Superman.”

More at the link.

So literally this:

QGjd0Mp.gif

Ogodei

I could be wrong but i think he means that since the movie was never made, it can be whatever we want it to be in our imaginations?

snap

Banned
before anyone takes this seriously: the leaked plot details involved superman dying, his soul entering Lois's womb, Lois carrying it to term, and giving birth to superbaby that has an accelerated growth cycle to end up as a fully grown superman by the end of the movie. and not an adult son of superman or anything, more like a clone of the original.

so lol

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
In the video he looked like he was acting hammy/cheesy intentionally. I don't think he's being serious.

I don't follow celebs too closely though so maybe he is crazy.

Poppy

before anyone takes this seriously: the leaked plot details involved superman dying, his soul entering Lois's womb, Lois carrying it to term, and giving birth to superbaby that has an accelerated growth cycle to end up as a fully grown superman by the end of the movie.

so lol
that does sound pretty tim burton

He's not wrong. Given the concept art, designs and the talent involved; the Tim Burton Superman movie I'm imagining is better than either of the movies WB actually made. I'm sure the actual product wouldn't have lived up to what I think it might have been, but that's the fun thing about what ifs.

KissVibes

Banned
before anyone takes this seriously: the leaked plot details involved superman dying, his soul entering Lois's womb, Lois carrying it to term, and giving birth to superbaby that has an accelerated growth cycle to end up as a fully grown superman by the end of the movie. and not an adult son of superman or anything, more like a clone of the original.

so lol

Does Lois Lane fuck her Superman baby boyfriend? Is this considered incest? Is this technically some form of Superhero sexual assault?

so lol

And tons of spiders(giant robot ones and normal ones).

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This is Nicolas Cage we're talking about here. He's entertaining in most anything and watchable at worst even in the shittiest of shit films and that's something not a lot of actors can make claim. If he wants to play Superman I would watch as it'd be fucking nuts if nothing else.

snap

Banned
you know what's even more powerful

a superman movie where cavill is allowed to be an actual superman and where kevin spacey plays a frank underwood-esque lex luthor

just as real as whatever cage thought his movie was going to be

And tons of spiders(giant robot ones and normal ones).

specifically a brainiac head on spider legs and the spider from Wild, Wild West

you know what's even more powerful

a superman movie where cavill is allowed to be an actual superman and where kevin spacey plays a frank underwood-esque lex luthor

just as real as whatever cage thought his movie was going to be

specifically a brainiac head on spider legs and the spider from Wild, Wild West

I still don't know what if any of the concept art that shows up when you search "superman lives spider" is real.

so lol

i mean we all saw man of steel

so lol

Did Lois consent?

I wish we got a Nic Cage Superman movie.

Forreal. 90s cage as superman would be mad. Tim Burton was still good back then too. Would have been interesting although I could see a lot of fans and the usual suspects on this forum shitting themselves in rage over the end result

lazygecko

so lol

Doesn't it also have Lex Luthor and Brainiac fusing together and making tons of computer puns Mr. Freeze style throughout the film?

At first I thought he was meaning that the unmade movie is something bigger in minds than an average movie that is actually made..
Which I definitely agree with.

But as it went on it lost me I guess.

Like if Justice League is horrendous, the cancelled JL movie will start being a bigger thing.

Apt101

Nic Cage adores the character. He even named his son Kal-El if I'm not mistaken. He was still a terrific actor back then, and Burton was still good too. As weird as some of the shots seem, I have a feeling they would have made a very Superman-feeling film - if only capturing the weird state the comic (and all superhero comics, really) were in the 90's.

Top Bottom