• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicolas Cage says lost Superman movie is 'more powerful' than the actual films

Sorta off topic, but whwn did things go wrong for nic cage? He was awesome in the 90s, had big box office sucess with the treasure movies in rhe 2000 then endless garbage. Whst happened?

Apt101

Sorta off topic, but whwn did things go wrong for nic cage? He was awesome in the 90s, had big box office sucess with the treasure movies in rhe 2000 then endless garbage. Whst happened?

Taxes and other debt. He spent a ridiculous amount of money on pretty ridiculous things. I think he also lost a lot to the Bernie Madoff scheme but that might just be an Internet rumor.

So, work work work, who cares if it's good. I'll give him this though: even in the dumbest roles he signs on for, he still gives it a 100%. Even when you can tell the part isn't really for him, the script and the director suck, it was low budget, etc, he still goes whole hog.

Isn't this the film where they didn't want Super man to Fly?

The producer who was in charge of the property at the time didn't want that, but there's no doubt he'd have flown in this film. The one Kevin Smith wrote, however, I think he conceded despite voicing his reservations.

As far as movies go, once he started having money issues he would take literally any job which got worse and worse.
Apparently he was in 5 movies in 2016 and 6 in 2017 for example.

The Wicker Man was the start of the major decline.

“That is the Superman. That is the movie. Even though you never saw it — it is the Superman

Starfire.jpg

Poor guy is a life-long comic-book fan and all he got was two garbage Ghost Rider films. Maybe one day he'll finally get his due by playing a coked-up Kite Man in Werner Herzog's Bad Lieutenant: Gotham City.

You know, if given the opportunity I might blind trade every Superman movie in existence for a 90s Tim Burton/Nic Cage version.

vio

Nic Cage as Superman would be a must watch, it couldn't possible be any worse then Man of Steel.

before anyone takes this seriously: the leaked plot details involved superman dying, his soul entering Lois's womb, Lois carrying it to term, and giving birth to superbaby that has an accelerated growth cycle to end up as a fully grown superman by the end of the movie. and not an adult son of superman or anything, more like a clone of the original.

so lol

lol

JWiLL

Banned

As has been posted already, he does lots of stuff just for money.

That being said, and I'm paraphrasing, but he's been asked in the past and said something along the lines of "I'll read scripts that are sent and as long as it sounds like it'll be fun to film, I'm in".

He's just enjoying himself and seems to genuinely love acting...which comes across in the effort he puts in to shitty movies. You can never knock his commitment to a role.

Also, he's done some genuinely awesome stuff. Like the Bad Lieutenant movie in 2009.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

That being said, and I'm paraphrasing, but he's been asked in the past and said something along the lines of "I'll read scripts that are sent and as long as it sounds like it'll be fun to film, I'm in".

He's just enjoying himself and seems to genuinely love acting...which comes across in the effort he puts in to shitty movies. You can never knock his commitment to a role.

Also, he's done some genuinely awesome stuff. Like the Bad Lieutenant movie in 2009.

He has money problems as well which is probably the bigger reason he acts in anything that he comes across.

SummitAve

Banned

edit: already covered.

I mean he's right, that bit when he could have done the thing and then that stuff would have happened was probably the greatest event that might have been recorded ever.

Top Bottom