• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR:Automata - Black Box Edition Revealed

Exentryk

Purchase - http://store.jp.square-enix.com/sp/nierautomata/index.html
Price: ¥ 25,800 (~USD 250)
Release: 23rd Feb, 2017

Contents:
- Game Disc (PS4):
スクウェア・エニックスとプラチナゲームズのコラボレーションによるアクションRPG。
他の作品では味わえないような心揺さぶる物語を、60fpsで滑らかに動作するオープンワールドの世界でお楽しみいただけます。
a0TFXGp.jpg

- 2B Character Figure:
主人公「ヨルハ二号B型」のフィギュアです。
ゲーム内モデルの優雅なプロポーションを忠実に再現。細部の刺繍にまでこだわって仕上げました。
全高約150mm・色彩済み・台座付き。

- Music Concert & Talk Live Soundtrack Disc:
2016年4月に開催されたコンサート
「NieR Music Concert & Talk Live 滅ビノシロ 再生ノクロ」のライブ音源CDです。大好評だった前作の
「イニシエノウタ/運命」や、今作のテーマ曲を含めた全13曲を収録予定。

- Artbook:
ヨコオタロウ氏書き下ろしのテキストとともに、本作のキャラクターやステージのアートを大きく掲載。世界観をより深く楽しむための一冊です。

- Replicant Collection:
前作『NieR RepliCant』の物語の断片を、デボル・ポポルを含む各キャラクターの視点から記録した回想録です。

cty9yFq.jpg

Hopefully it comes to the west, and hopefully we get a PC version too.

Arizato

Please let this edition come to the west for the love of god... The Drakengard 3 Collector's Edition sold out on both the US and EU Square-Enix Store!

Hektor

I so want to have it, but importing it would prolly cost me around 400€.

If it's staying JP exclusive like the 10th anniversary box i'll be mad

Please let this edition come to the west for the love of god... The Drakengard 3 Collector's Edition sold out on both the US and EU Square-Enix Store!

Those were only 2000 units in EU tho. And it was also the only retail version of this game over here.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
OP you should maybe put in the most important info which will scare most folks away being that it costs around 260 USD (25,800 JPY)

Dio

Banned
I don't want that figure, but I want everything else...

This is actually a good point. The figure makes this box fucking gigantic. I'd be okay with at least leaving the figure out but everything else in - I don't have enough space for CEs THIS large.

Exentryk

They could do a Limited Edition without the figurine, and a different Collector's Edition with the figurine. I recall they did this with another SE game recently.

Does the JP Squeenix store even ship abroad? Can't find that info without checking out.

I'd like to hope we'd get something similar in the West, but unlikely to include a few of the items listed.

Hektor

Does the JP Squeenix store even ship abroad? Can't find that info without checking out.

I'd like to hope we'd get something similar in the West, but unlikely to include a few of the items listed.

Nope, you'd have to use a service like Tenso or WhiteRabbitExpress

Shin-chan

I'd be all in without the figure. Too expensive and too much clutter.

Is Replicant the same as the book they released that detailed the events between Drakengard 1 ending E and Nier, along with the final ending of Nier as well? Or is this a different collection.

Also, they should've ported Nier. It's a great game and needs to be more available for people who decide to have a look once they play Automata.

Dice//

Banned
For $250 I'd like to think it's an impressive figure.

But daaamn that's steep.
I hope we get some parts of this overseas; it's beautiful.

Anyone able to translate any info out of the PR release text that isn't blatantly obvious from the photos? Any interesting details we're not catching?

But yeah, I'd be down for a Western collectors edition. Not quite looking to spend $250, despite how much I love the full breadth of content included in this edition... But I would not mind marking my NieR:Automata purchase with a few extra goodies and letting Squenix/Platinum pocket a little more of my expendable income for it.

BBboy20

This is probably the most expensive CE in Platinum's history.

250 dollars of Plat game...then again I'm not that much of a FF fan and I still got the Ultimate Edition.

Eolz

They should make this edition without Replicant recollection in the west and I'll definitely buy it.
Even if february is super packed and there's nx in march lol.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
This is probably the most expensive CE in Platinum's history.

250 dollars of Plat game...then again I'm not that much of a FF fan and I still got the Ultimate Edition.

Platinum doesnt dictate the price Square Enix does.

Developed does not = Publisher

datwr

I'm not really into figures, even though she looks really good. And that price tag is not really within my budget, with all the games coming Q1 17.

A steel case or some sort of deluxe edition and I would totally get that tho!

Ludicrously overpriced. I hope that isn't the official box art for the normal version of the game. There's way too much gorgeous art for this game to settle for a plain black box.

jkh13

Neo Member
I believe it was mentioned that the collector's edition is a Japan exclusive. The figure is quite high quality, they showed it off in detail on stream at e3.

Bought the Drakengard 3 CE, will buy whatever the fuck puts food on Taro's table. IDGAF.

Squeenix got me in a cuckold and I don't care.

I was getting ready for $150 plus shipping for being on their online store but $250 + shipping (it was about $30+ if I remember right when I pre-ordered Drakengard 3 from their store)?... I really have to think about it. If it released on Amazon it would be perfect since at least there I don't have to pay shipping and there is the 20% off thanks to Prime so even if it was $250 I would buy.

Top Bottom