• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Devs On Butts, Funny Bugs, And Hoping Other Games Would Get Delayed

Link.

NieR: Automata is releasing soon and the always-funny director Yoko Taro had some interesting stuff to share in an interview with Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Hachima.]

Here are some highlights from the interview:

Yoko Taro (Director): I was hoping either The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild or Horizon Zero Dawn would get delayed. I’m in despair.

Takahisa Taura (Game Designer): After looking at player reactions, there was more talk relating to butts instead of action.

Hito Matsudaira (Character Modeling Artist): Each body part is a masterpiece, so there’s more to it than just the butt.

The most important thing was to make it something that won’t have people say “Platinum Games ruined it.”

There were many times where arguments were needed, but the developers were relieved to be able to complete it with the 60fps.

For sub-quests, you’ll see some that you can accept in the early stages of the game that have enemies that are stronger than normal. You might be able to even clear some of the tougher ones at a lower level with high-end technique.

When funny bugs appeared, they said “this is funny so lets throw it in there” and left it the way it is.

There’s an element that lets you find items through high frequency sounds. If you’re able to hear it, you can find some really good items. If you can’t hear it, there’s a Plug-in Chip called Sound Indicator that will help by showing it as well.

There are various other collaborations aside from the ones that have been announced, but they won’t make it on time for the game’s release. Can’t say much more for the time being, but there’s a collaboration with a smartphone app, and such.

It’ll have a happy ending!
Don't believe his lies.

Mifec

There’s an element that lets you find items through high frequency sounds. If you’re able to hear it, you can find some really good items. If you can’t hear it, there’s a Plug-in Chip called Sound Indicator that will help by showing it as well.

Yoko Taro rofl

LotusHD

Banned
Lmao now he's also worried about Horizon too, Yoko Taro just can't catch a break...

---

Also...
Believe.

There are various other collaborations aside from the ones that have been announced, but they won't make it on time for the game's release.

C2TIydMVIAQeDSW.jpg

Yoko Taro (Director): I was hoping either The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild or Horizon Zero Dawn would get delayed. I’m in despair.

421.gif

I feel for him thinking your safe in Q1 just for both Sony and Nintendo to drop their biggest games of the year 2 weeks before Nier.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
it would be funny if after all the time they kept saying automata would have a happy ending and people didnt belive, it really DID end up having a happy ending after a game full of shit going down

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kind of amusing, because the delay on the PC version of Nier has me thinking of buying a Switch.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Haha! Love the honesty. Valid concerns I share since Horizon, Zelda, Mass Effect, and P5 all come out in roughly the same month. Crazy start to a promising 2017. Pre-ordered this and P5 though since supplies of the others will be no worry.

Slaythe

:(

I feel forced to buy this now...

Yakuza 0, NIOH, Horizon...

And Kingdom Hearts 2.5ps4, Mass Effect coming up too. Then Persona.

And I had to skip the last guardian and Gravity Rush 2.

My soul is and wallet are bleeding.

Baalzebup

HA! The fuckers actually put that in the game :D

Eumi

Yoko Taro is a man who we need these days.

There's something so refreshing on the stance "wow these other games look great. God I hope they fuck up."

I mean when I say it it out loud like that it sounds really malicious, but when he says it it's more funny. For some reason.

LotusHD

Banned

There's something so refreshing on the stance "wow these other games look great. God I hope they fuck up."

I mean when I say it it out loud like that it sounds really malicious, but when he says it it's more funny. For some reason.

Yea, I love people like that. Just have a way of wording things that just make you laugh rather than gasp. Or maybe it's both!

Ferr986

I think it's funny because it's Taro and we are used to this coming from him.

I assure you if it was someone else (say dunno, Tabata or Nomura, or Phil or Yoshida, or someone from Ubi, for putting examples) this thread would have been a shitshow already.

The happy ending is probably the one you get
if you die at the start.

Funny bugs, blunt honesty, butts... This game is too good for this world.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I have a feeling that newcomers are not going to be ready for the crazy fuckery that comes with this franchise.

"All body parts are masterpieces

Why do I suddenly feel that the endings will (baseless speculation)
be named after body parts, emphasizing the human/robot difference? Probably includes butt and eyes, to boot.

Top Bottom