• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata shipments and digital sales top eight million

Today is Nier Automata's anniversary, so to celebrate, Platinum Games shared these two illustrations featuring 2B.

GG_Z5wbXEAAarrW
GG_aAbUWsAA5Qpp

nowhat

In case you haven't seen it yet, I recommend watching this Archipel documentary on the music of Nier Automata

And of course this one on Yoko Taro directing Nier Automata.

Their interviews with various renown Japanese artists from gaming, anime and manga industries are very well done, and I personally like that they're blending these interviews with good cinematography and music.

Currently they're working on a Atlus documentary which I'm looking forward to watching whenever it's finished.

Thank you so much for posting this, super interesting.

Something is definitely amiss with the Youtube algorithm. I feel like I've reached the end of Youtube, at least the suggestions seem to be for stuff I've already watched, or something new from my subscriptions. If I happen to click on some fringe video, that kind of content will be promoted to me for weeks, but channels like this, I wouldn't have discovered.

Thank you so much for posting this, super interesting.

Something is definitely amiss with the Youtube algorithm. I feel like I've reached the end of Youtube, at least the suggestions seem to be for stuff I've already watched, or something new from my subscriptions. If I happen to click on some fringe video, that kind of content will be promoted to me for weeks, but channels like this, I wouldn't have discovered.
I discovered this YouTube channel a few years ago at the start of the pandemic, and I think I 'devoured' everything they had at the time in just a few short days lol. The content they produce is top-tier, and if you have any interest in Japanese games, anime, or manga, you'll definitely have to watch their videos. They're that good.

Hudo

I wonder if Square Enix will ever hire Yoko Taro to make another big Nier and/or Drakengard game ever again...

Go_Ly_Dow

They're cooking something new; hopefully they'll be able to share more on that soon.

This has originated from the purple daycare centre. Possible NieR 3 tease at the London concert:

[Rumor] Nier 3 might've been teased at NieR London concert (NieR: Repent?)​

Anecdote from the NieR London concert but Yoko Taro took the stage at the end, told the audience that the Square Enix president was in the crowd and that if we wanted an Automata sequel to give the loudest applause of the night.

The room immediately erupted into claps, cheers and yells.

How much of what Taro said is true is up for debate but the case was made abundantly clear in person to Taro himself, at the very least.

Mild concert content spoilers:

Also at one point during the story of the show; the word REPENT was shown repeatedly as part of some dialogue. The final instance was spelled as R3PENT. Both me and the person I'd gone with picked up on it and wondered if this was a tease

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
NieR: R3PENT could be a lowkey tease for a sequel or just the future name of them releasing the Concert recordings as a music album for purchase.

I do wonder if they did a another NieR game if they would use a new set of characters much like how it went from Replicant/Gestalt to Automata.

I'd imagine they would follow the canonical routes like they have since Drakengard.

Drakengard ending E led to Replicant/Gestalt in turn which leads ending E of that game to lead to Automata and if the trend persists then Automata Ending E is also the canonical route.

lalalalalala The Watchers Laugh lalalalala

Last edited:
Top Bottom