• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninokuni (PS3) to be released in North America "early 2012", DLC Coming

Danielsan

hiro4 said:
Hopefully it will be region free, so we can import it.
All PS3 games are region free. So I don't give a flying fuck if this is coming to the PAL region. I'll be importing it from NA anyway.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Cool, hopefully it comes to Europe as well. I am a bit sad about the DS version, though.

Kyoufu

Nice! The only thing left for Level 5 is to make the game play as good as it looks.

So FFXIII-2, Tales of Graces F and Ninokuni in early 2012. Year of the JRPG!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Wow, Level 5 is on top of things with the release of this game. Definitely will get.

Xater

BeeDog said:
I don't mind importing it if I have to, but I'd rather have an European version to overcome DLC issues.

Yeah, it would be nice to not buy US points cards.

Will still import if no Euro releas eis in sight.

The game will also be launched in Asian markets in Japanese.

I understand the kanji are the same or similar often but can Chinese speakers read hiragana or katakana? Wouldn't English be a better choice, as English is widely spoken in places like HK and Singapore?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Still skeptical about the quality of the title (since it's level 5) but I'm such a ghibli whore that I'll probably buy this asap.

That's the siren call for me to import then. I'm sure as hell not waiting a few extra months for it to come out here in the UK. TeamAxel here I come!

Fantastic news, though there was never really a doubt in my mind it would make it's way to the West. Ghibli has a lot of pull with us round-eyes because of what John Lasseter started with Spirited Away.

Wait, what about the DS game!? How the hell can they release the PS3 game but ignore the DS game? The story won't even make sense! (For those wondering, the PS3 game is a sequel to the DS one)

marcurius

I don't get why so many people were doubting this would hit the west. Every Level 5 game on a Sony platform has made it here as far as I'm aware (bar Little Battlers), not to mention they apparently have started an american office as well.

Ratrat

Kenshin001 said:
I understand the kanji are the same or similar often but can Chinese speakers read hiragana or katakana? Wouldn't English be a better choice, as English is widely spoken in places like HK and Singapore?
Arent asian versions usually in english? They have been in my experience.

Xater

marcurius said:
I don't get why so many people were doubting this would hit the west. Every Level 5 game on a Sony platform has made it here as far as I'm aware (bar Little Battlers), not to mention they apparently have started an american office as well.

Then you are not very aware of Level 5 titles.

It's also nut just that it is release din the west, but that is coming out so soon.

gembel

Ratrat said:
Arent asian versions usually in english? They have been in my experience.

they release asia version of the japanese version the same time as the japanese version, later on release asia version of the english version.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
marcurius said:
I think most expected it (since it even has Ghibli), but not this soon.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nuclear Muffin said:
Wait, what about the DS game!? How the hell can they release the PS3 game but ignore the DS game? The story won't even make sense! (For those wondering, the PS3 game is a sequel to the DS one)
Actually, the games start at the same place.

The Article You Should Have Read said:
During the Sony Computer Entertainment Asia press conference on September 16 held near Tokyo Game Show 2011's venue, Level-5 president Akihiro Hino mentioned during an interview panel that an English version of the game is in production right now as well as announced the above release window of the title. This PS3 version of the game starts off the same as the DS version, but the story is told differently after the game's midpoint. According to Hino, the PS3 will have additional story content that will pick off where the DS version ended.

Top Bottom