• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo’s new Switch bundle line-up announced; includes Animal Crossing editions and free games

Draugoth

Gold Member
Nintendo has announced a series of new Switch and Switch Lite console bundles.

The bundles, which are coming to North America on October 6 and Europe on October 20, include the standard edition hardware and come with a download code for a free game.

Europe, meanwhile, is getting a Nintendo Switch Sports Bundle, which also features a standard red and blue Switch console and a three-month membership for Nintendo Switch Online, but includes a digital copy of Nintendo Switch Sports instead of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Both regions will also be getting two Nintendo Switch Lite bundles – each of these come with a free digital copy of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and each has a new Animal Crossing design.

The Isabelle’s Aloha Edition is a pink Switch Lite console, while the Timmy & Tommy’s Aloha Edition is blue. Both have an Animal Crossing leaf logo on the front of the console and a leaf pattern on the back.

switch-lite-pink.jpg

switch-lite-blue.jpg

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Not even trying anymore or again. It’s too easy for Nintendo to phone it in, just like the red Mario oled. Any chance they win the Christmas season?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's never going to be an MK9, it's going to be Super Mario Kart 8 in 4K. Remember, the 8 was never just a number; it's the infinite sign

As long as they can sell it as Super Mario Kart 8 for $50, that works too.

They've been using the same holiday bundle since 2019. You would think they'd try something different like give a few games to choose from, but I guess this is still selling decently enough as-is.

Kokoloko85

Im interested to see how Mario Kart 9 sales are compared to Mario Kart 8. Will it be like previous numbers or between/above Wii /Switch sales.
Guessing Switch 2 with Mario Kart 9 won’t cost the same as a Switch 2 by itself, like it did with my Switch purchases

Woopah

This like likely the last major holiday for Switch and I have been saying they need to be more aggressive with either pricing or bundling. Looks like they went with the later and will offer a bundle for each of the three models.

We should be expect a price cut until next year at the earliest.

Not even trying anymore or again. It’s too easy for Nintendo to phone it in, just like the red Mario oled. Any chance they win the Christmas season?
They can get close, but I don't expect them to beat the PS5 + Spiderman 2 combination.

theclaw135

Banned
This like likely the last major holiday for Switch and I have been saying they need to be more aggressive with either pricing or bundling. Looks like they went with the later and will offer a bundle for each of the three models.

We should be expect a price cut until next year at the earliest.

They can get close, but I don't expect them to beat the PS5 + Spiderman 2 combination.

It's Mario Kart 8. The game by itself will sell more this holiday than Spiderman 2.

Tarin02543

I remember playing Mario Kart back in 1993 with a school buddy, I didn't like it at the time and thought it not to be real Mario game and that it would never take off.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
Not that I'd buy another Switch this late in it's lifecycle, but those are some boring ass bundles.

I miss the late 90's/early 00's when even late in their console's lifecycle, new colors and bundles were being released left and right. I love all the different N64's, especially since they're all rare as fuck now, the clear blue and green Xbox's and the mint green, and the pearl white GameCube's. I only have a few of 'em now but those were so much better than the standard editions.

Now we have to make do with JoyCon's. Even the Switch pro controllers are limited to a handful of special editions. That's at least one thing Microsoft does right. Their controller game has been strong for years now. I have so many different colors even if I don't even own the console :p

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
at this point i dont even know whos still buying the switch, pretty sure every child on the planet already has one
About 110 million Switches sold… more than 2.5 billion people in developed countries under 45 years old.

A lot.

Edit: don’t forget the double-dips or multiple switch households.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
Yeah, even if I'm a big Switch fan, I doubt anything is gonna stop the PS5-train this year. While Switch is still selling well, especially for being so old, all hype is going to PS5 right now. Doubt even the traditional holiday boost is gonna help Nintendo sell more than the PS5.

nikos

When the MK8 expansion was announced, I was hoping they wouldn't sell a complete edition for Switch 2. Hopefully it stays on Switch and we actually see MK9.

Little Mac

Gold Member
at this point i dont even know whos still buying the switch, pretty sure every child on the planet already has one
I just bought an Amazon renewed premium white OLED for $300. Arrives Saturday. Comes with a 365 day return, refund, or exchange policy. Maybe Nintendo will announce something new in the next year. If not I'm sure Sony or MS have updated console offerings by then. Regardless, I bought BotW, Metroid Dread, and Links Awakening used-like new off Ebay. And will get TotK, and Prime Remastered probably around Black Friday. I'm eating good for the rest of the year and saved a bunch of money.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Squeezing the last drops out of 8 before the next system and Mario Kart 9, don't blame 'em.
There's a huge chance that Mario Kart 9 is far way due to Switch Pro. It's fine thou. Game still is getting updates and selling like bananas

They've been using the same holiday bundle since 2019. You would think they'd try something different like give a few games to choose from, but I guess this is still selling decently enough as-is.
2019? Try 2018, first time they introduced the bundle.

6 friking years with the same bundle.

And no, Nintendo won’t win the Holidays.

Woopah

2019? Try 2018, first time they introduced the bundle.

6 friking years with the same bundle.

And no, Nintendo won’t win the Holidays.
I think the only month they have a chance with is October, with all their bundles and models coming earlier than the Spiderman model.

I think the only month they have a chance with is October, with all their bundles and models coming earlier than the Spiderman model.
Very very difficult, they launched pokemon last year and that didn’t prevent the system to be down in 2022 compared to 2021 by about 2m units.

This is a small bandage to stop the bleeding, TOTK did it in H1, but it won’t be enough, the system is declining.

If it was a price drop that would been a little bit different.

Last edited:

Woopah

Very very difficult, they launched pokemon last year and that didn’t prevent the system to be down in 2022 compared to 2021 by about 2m units.

This is a small bandage to stop the bleeding, TOTK did it in H1, but it won’t be enough, the system is declining.

If it was a price drop that would been a little bit different.
Its definitely very difficult, but we know the launch of the launch of the Zelda OLED in April boosted Swich over PS5 in North America.

Its not a price drop, but between the Switch and Switch Lite bundles, Mario OLED and Mario Wonder, I would expect Switch to be up YoY in October in North America.

Ozzie666

It's funny, this late in the life cycle, either Nintendo is really confident in this bundle, or they just don't care. They should be dropping the price and creating bundles that make people impulse buy. I'll never forger the Sega Saturn bundle with Daytona, Virtua Fighter and Virtua Cop, it was hard to resisit. Nintendo values their software, but surely they could benefit more from offering a killer bundle with some older titles with Mario Kart+Expansions. Nintendo has pletny of Mario based titles that no longer chart, Odyssey, Sports (Golf, Tennis), Rpg whatever it may be. If they really wanted to push Switch on last christmas and clear some inventory.

Last edited:
Top Bottom