• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Announced: New 3D handheld (no glasses!), reveal @ E3, out by March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDGF

Soothsayer
This is going to be the shit. True 3D is the logical next step in handheld gaming (that, and eye tracking I believe)

Tabris

virtualboy.jpg

Dogenzaka

Banned
PARANO1A said:
Well that came out of nowhere. First on the market with 3D hardware? :lol

Actually that would be the PS3 since the 3DS is actually coming out in 2011...but seriously WTF this sounds intriguing!

Cep

Banned
sdgr:<mnleawdlkjet jaebqiogvdfm gekvgmger lmngvorttg arnjg rvnaerjtgerdv,snfcdmi faewafew afegr gt hththjbeyt yuerasnbrk3be wvalhr vn

xclaw

.......... 3d no glasses, colour me confused but really really intrigued. Bring it for another 10 years Nintendo!

Rhindle

Well this is the first Nintendo hardware announcement in 10 years that doesn't sound incredibly stupid on its face.

Guess it's doomed then.

Seriously, Nintendo are the eternal innovators of the industry.

I don't know why I'm so calm right now. This is insane news that I've found out before all my friends because they're all asleep. Maybe I should text them right now.

Apath

3D without glasses? if it actually looks good and doesn't reduce visual quality, Nintendo wins again. Interesting to see if developers could actually do something unique with it.

Negator

Oh shit! Oh shit!

OH SHIT!

This isn't just a new model of a DS is it? It's a completely new system, right?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sciz

It says something about the nature of the last few years of gaming that I'm not surprised something like this is announced completely out of the blue.

Ashes

Banned
hold on a second... 3d as in maybe like those 3d serial cards? A layered display over another? or like proper 3d? What the hell is proper 3d?

Banned
So will the journalists and hardcore games that heaped praise on the PSP and shitted on the DS when they were revealed change their tune this E3?

Apath

john tv said:
I just edited the OP with an important bit about the release date that I messed up. :)
Woo!
So will the journalists and hardcore games that heaped praise on the PSP and shitted on the DS when they were revealed change their tune this E3?
Well in theory the PSP was everything you would expect from a handheld, and the DS seemed archaic in comparison. Funny how things work out.

Dogenzaka

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Poor Sony, Nintendo won the war before they even knew the war had begun.

They didn't even get the chance to announce a PSP2 with analog sticks....

Wow.

I'm seriously impressed.

Imagine if the handheld has motion sensors too. And an analog stick.
I would pre-order the crap out of this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom