• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Announced: New 3D handheld (no glasses!), reveal @ E3, out by March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eteric Rice

Monday is the worst day ever.

When I was a kid, Monday was the day that I had to go back to school EVERY FUCKING TIME.

I thought I had escaped when I finished school. I thought it was over, and that Monday would just be a normal day.

But today, it's cock blocked my fucking Nintendo conference.

GOD DAMN YOU MONDAY. WHY DO YOU TORTURE US SO?

We should like... Remove it from existence.

I HAVE INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reggie himself will debut the 3DS....by pulling it out of his right jacket pocket.
NOT LEFT, but right. Read into that what you will.

I will be back with more at midnight.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Eteric Rice said:
Monday is the worst day ever.

When I was a kid, Monday was the day that I had to go back to school EVERY FUCKING TIME.

I thought I had escaped when I finished school. I thought it was over, and that Monday would just be a normal day.

But today, it's cock blocked my fucking Nintendo conference.

GOD DAMN YOU MONDAY. WHY DO YOU TORTURE US SO?

We should like... Remove it from existence.
Doesn't work that way man. Then Tuesday becomes the new Monday. So we get rid of that, and then Wednsday is the new Monday. When the dust settles, we don't have any days at all, just one vast limbo of time. The sun ceases its movement in the skies, the tides halt their movements, and the human race picks out the remainder of its meager existence on a scorched rock.

Jaruru

jamesinclair said:
30 minutes of vitality sensor
30 minutes of charts and graphs
30 minutes for nintendogs wii
10 minutes 3ds
10 minutes zelda/metroid and dk
10 minutes sudoko 3d for wii

Could result in massive fail.

Could still win. after m$ conf, only sony to beat

Celine

Gamer @ Heart said:
I HAVE INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reggie himself will debut the 3DS....by pulling it out of his right jacket pocket.
NOT LEFT, but right. Read into that what you will.

I will be back with more at midnight.
Iwata is more likely :p

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am very curious and excited about the Nintendo conference simply becuase of the possibility this thing exists. In other words, someone has done their job well.

mj1108

jamesinclair said:
30 minutes of vitality sensor
30 minutes of charts and graphs
30 minutes for nintendogs wii
10 minutes 3ds
10 minutes zelda/metroid and dk
10 minutes sudoko 3d for wii

Could result in massive fail.

Nintendo wins automatically if Cammie doesn't take the stage at all.

Davidion said:
I wonder what would happen if the 3DS just turned out to be an empty rumor. :lol
That would be pretty horrific, but it is pretty unlikely since they did issue a press release. Still...that is unimaginable horror right there :^(

Graphics Horse said:
The 3DS could very well be the greatest thing ever, but I'm expecting the conference to be as horrible as usual.
Yeah, the past few years as shown that Nintendo shows more in their post conference montage trailer than they do on the actual stage :lol

Celine

Amir0x said:
What?

Nintendo can just show a picture of Reggie's nutsac and they'd have outdone Move and Kinetic to this point.

With 3DS and Zelda? Please. They definitely have E3 in the bag whether they deserve it or not.
pretty much

81f90cb8b40f9b807c5ec972c6b1c7b2.jpg

Davidion

abstract alien said:
That would be pretty horrific, but it is pretty unlikely since they did issue a press release. Still...that is unimaginable horror right there :^(

It works both ways: it could be something even better.

It's just that when the entire board is dead set on what they think is a foregone conclusion, the slightest surprise will cause fucking chaos.

We'll see what Nintendo brings tomorrow. With MS's cards out on the table and Sony's plans largely revealed, they're kinda the biggest wildcard for the next couple of days.

RedShift

I wonder of they'll design it to counter the iDevices. You can say 'lol fart apps' all you want but gaming on the AppStore is big, and it's only going to get bigger with Game Center out in 8 days.

mj1108

Freezie KO said:
They could demo WiiRelax and promote it with realtime sleep. Stop with this "Nintendo can't have a bad conference" shit.

That would still be an improvement over the MS conference.

swerve

vagabondarts said:
there is a way... if they focus on mii party for 2 hours and only spend 10 minutes for zelda wii and 10 minutes for 3ds they can lose

They will spend 5 minutes on Zelda Wii and it will still be perfect. And then there'll be impressions.

They need to allocate time sensibly, and something which is already going to get significant media attention doesn't need to be the major focus at the presser.

The Vitality Sensor and 3DS need to be the big stars (plus any secrets).

The project sora/retro/zelda trio need to just show us enough to make us drool and trawl the blogs for more information.

Bending_Unit_22 said:
Alcohol helps pass the time. It also made Microsoft's conference kind of funny

LOL. If I would have known the Microsoft conference would have been as bad as it was I would have put a few back and taken it as comedy....

....who am I kidding. If I had known it was that bad then I wouldn't have watched.

Rich!

paranoidfortean said:
I'm really way too excited for this. 3DS better deliver, or I'll just be sad. Then I'll go buy a gameboy on ebay and sulk.

Wait, you don't already have a gameboy? oh my

Wallach said:
Is it just me, or does that pic make him look like he has beastly thighs...? :lol

What are you doing looking down there?! But yes it does. :D

Also, does anybody else think that the hair on the right side of his head looks shorter than the hair on his left?

sonikokaruto said:
More like 5 minutes 3ds with charts
2 minutes on a Zelda, dk and kid Icarus trailer

Phft, kit icarus?

No, all the lesser games never even make the conference, they just get sent to the press website.

Nintendo might announce 20 games, but only 4 make the conference.

At least that has been the case in the past 2-3 years. I for one, would love a return to E3 2001 and E3 2002.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Bending_Unit_22 said:
Alcohol helps pass the time. It also made Microsoft's conference kind of funny
i was laughing my ass off for the most part of that conferecnce, and all i've had today is tea.

brochiller said:
LOL. If I would have known the Microsoft conference would have been as bad as it was I would have put a few back and taken it as comedy....

....who am I kidding. If I had known it was that bad then I wouldn't have watched.
Come now, epic fail conferences only come in even numbered years it seems. As such I'm going to be, umm, 2 years older than I am now before I can see another. It's worth it for that at least.

blu said:
i was laughing my ass off for the most part of that conferecnce, and all i've had today is tea.
Flipping teetotalers, all I can say is it wasn't as funny as it could have been.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
J-Rock said:
:lol This pic is going to be photoshoped A LOT after their conference tomorrow. For better or worse. He has no idea what he's done.

I was gonna shop something on this pic. I was gonna put "STOP staring at my junk GAF" on it, but someone beat me too it, with one of my designs no less. Anyways, HAL shoulda used my latest slide design, that was an older clamshell designs I had.

I'm starting to hope Nintendo can pull off no leaks until Conference already started, that would be AMAZING

but I really doubt we will not get a few leaks after midnight tonight

swerve

Smiles and Cries said:
MS really gave a bribe at the end of the CONF?

It's not a bribe, it's simple marketing. The journalists will understand the differences and new features a lot better if they get to try them at home.

Like how Iwata gave out Brain Age, because it's pretty hard to understand the appeal when someone just describes 'you do math on a timer'.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Smiles and Cries said:
I'm starting to hope Nintendo can pull off no leaks until Conference already started, that would be AMAZING

but I really doubt we will not get a few leaks after midnight tonight

It all depends, really. Has Nintendo set up their booth yet? If not and they aren't setting it up until tonight I say no leaks (with the possible exception of the usual USA Today story, but surely if that happens it's because Nintendo gave the go-ahead) but if everything is already set up and we're just waiting until the show starts, there's always the potential for leakage.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It's so close now that I really would like to experience the conference in a surprised state. Unfortunately I'll be working and have to rely on others' impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom