• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo adds "Onett Times": EarthBound Announcement community to Miiverse.

qko

We're proud to announce that we have nothing to announce as of today regarding the Earthbound series future.
Please look forward to future no-announcement announcements

GAF's response: NEW MOTHER TRILOGY CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amnesiac

hmmm

earthbound-wii-u-teaser-394x380.jpg

Imagine Monolith Earthbound

It turned out to be this, everyone.

Vibranium

Banned
This is so wweird. I imagine the biggest announcement to come from this would be Earthbound on 3DS.

Oh god yes please, I have no intention of getting a Wii U at the moment and I don't use emulators so yeah, I want this. Make it happen Nintendo, the 3DS is doing quite well right now with games in the top 10 sales lists!

GAF's response: NEW MOTHER TRIOLOGY CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fixed, knowing how GAF loves it some memes.

I'd totally love to try out the other two games, outside of dabbling in emulation. I'm not counting on this community really going anywhere, though.

Darryl

Banned
It is with great joy that the Earthbound Nintendo team proudly announces Metroid: Other M 2 for Wii U.

Oh my glob. I only just now realised that Other M is a pun.

Also, Earthbound finally getting its release in Europe and those perfect looking American suburbs in the Wonderful 101 have really made me excited at the prospect of a fourth Mother game. Totally not gonna happen, right?

amnesiac

Oh my glob. I only just now realised that Other M is a pun.

Also, Earthbound finally getting its release in Europe and those perfect looking American suburbs in the Wonderful 101 have really made me excited at the prospect of a fourth Mother game. Totally not gonna happen, right?

If we were going to get a Mother 4, then I'd hope Nintendo would re-release Mother 3 and Earthbound 0 first.

Psxphile

Earthbound Origins, NES Virtual Console ($5.99)
Earthbound: Wrath of the Pigmask Army, GBA Virtual Console ($9.99)

Alternately:

IvoJyI0.jpg

Earthbound U, using the HD Windwaker engine.

Believe.

CrisKre

OMG gaf, what have I been missing! I started this game tonight and played for 5 straight hours. Shit is brilliant, artstyle is timeless and the game is just a joy. It's very cenrebral but manages to have a completely innocent tone and uniqueness to its hard to describe.

Part of me wonders what Itoi could accomplish with today's technology and a bit more detail. I now hope mother 4 happens one day. ..

gryz

Banned
they will release a new Earthbound. no one will buy it and it will sit on the shelves for months. stores will eventually sell all of their stock and the game will then become rare. everyone will then complain about nintendo hating money/hating the fans/not printing enough copies. gamestop will also be implicated in some way.

wrowa

OMG gaf, what have I been missing! I started this game tonight and played for 5 straight hours. Shit is brilliant, artstyle is timeless and the game is just a joy. It's very cenrebral but manages to have a completely innocent tone and uniqueness to its hard to describe.

Part of me wonders what Itoi could accomplish with today's technology and a bit more detail. I now hope mother 4 happens one day. ..

You bumped the wrong thread. :S

Top Bottom