• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.2.22 - Feb 22nd, 6AM EST [Over]

NOA has also announced a presentation by Reggie Fils Aime for Feb. 22nd. [Now viewable]

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo_direct

23:01 - Reggie hints at a title we never thought would come. Rain time?

23:02 - Bill Trinen talks up Dillon's Rolling Western, available now. Twenty hours of gameplay.

23:03 - Interview with associate localization producer Jon Yeckley on Kid Icarus: Uprising, due 3/23.

23:06 - Interview with localization producer Erik Peterson on Mario Tennis Open.

23:09 - Xenoblade Chronicles will be out on April 6th.

23:10 - The Last Story announced from publisher XSeed, to be released this year!

23:11 - Other 3DS games highlighted: RE Revelations, Mario & Sonic, Tekken 3D, and MGS3D out now, and Spirit Camera on Friday, April 13th. That's it!

NCL has announced a presentation by Satoru Iwata tomorrow, Feb. 22nd, covering Wii and 3DS news. [Over]

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html

20:00 - The event has begun! Iwata is shown in the basement sound studio, pacing back and forth and practicing.

20:01 - First of all, some bad news. The Wii no Ma service will be ending on April 30th. Starting on March 3rd, a goodbye "Arigatou no Ma" service will be offered.

20:02 - Kid Icarus: Uprising video, presented by Masahiro Sakurai. Battle mode. 3 on 3 co-op/vs. mode. Narration is over the video, not apparently part of the game.

20:07 - KI video ends, Sakurai explains the strongest "Genesis" attack. Gather 3 parts to enable it. Heavenly weapons come in many varieties and have various characters, each with a given value. A higher value doesn't necessarily mean a weapon is better.

20:09 - Air and ground-based fighting, along with boss battles make up the stages. As you adjust the "seriousness level" upward with the heart cauldron at before a stage, the difficulty increases. When you die, you lose hearts and won't be able to set the seriousness level so high.

20:11 - You can also set the seriousness level lower if you want an easier gameplay experience. By circling in the air, you can evade enemy attacks. You slow down when shooting, but there are other attack options.

20:12 - When really up against a wall, use a special attack. Arrange your abilities as if they were Tetris-like pieces on a grid in the menus.

20:14 - StreetPass is supported. Exchange weapons you've made with others. Destroy weapons you've received for hearts.

20:15 - Six AR cards are included. Battles unfold randomly. A special stand is also included.

20:16 - Kid Icarus is to be released in Japan on March 22nd.

20:17 - Iwata is back. Iwata Asks on KI, as well as Twitter account @3DS_Palutena will be provided.

20:17 - New trailer. Fire Emblem: Awakening, April 19th in Japan. Cel-shaded.

20:20 - DLC available in Purikura and Theatrhythm. New maps and episodes via DLC for Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem's DLC will be free from 4/19 to 5/31. Nintendo Point Cards in FE-style will be sold.

20:21 - Pokemon vs. Nobunaga's Ambition DS video, 3/17 in Japan.

20:23 - May and later games... Mario Tennis Open 5/24. Button or touch-screen controls offered, as well as gyro. Local 4P, download play, wi-fi vs., StreetPass.

20:25 - Fatal Frame: Crimson Butterfly Remake for Wii video, 6/28.

20:27 - Culdcept 3DS video. Gameplay balance has been a focus in this production. Local and wi-fi play. For beginners, advice dialogs will be presented. 6/28.

20:28 - Carcho-bit 3DS video. "Carcho" is from a soccer term in Italian. (Little help?) Soccer team management game. National rankings will be presented. Local tournaments will be held to factor into determining rankings. Customize your team. Available in Japan this July.

20:31 - Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. Fly and kick in the air, do special moves with simple controls. Combos can be done. Play with pet characters. See 9 minutes' worth of gameplay videos. Available March 29th.

20:33 - Rune Factory 4 video, out in July.

20:36 - Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D. It's a remake of the original DQM game from 14 years ago. Local and wi-fi vs., StreetPass.

20:37 - Downloadable 3DS games. Denpa Ningen RPG. Capture characters with antennas with a net in AR and take them on a dungeon quest. They each have unique characteristics. A demo is up for download, and the game is already available.

20:38 - The Rolling Western. Rock boys are invading town to eat the "manjuu" steamed buns, which look like sheep. Defend them with gatling guns, your rolling attack, etc. Available in Japan 2/22.

20:41 - GB, GBC, Famicom games already available, Game Gear coming soon. Game Center CX will show gameplay of 3DS VC titles.

20:42 - Capcom, Sega, Bandai Namco collaboration 3DS game by Banpresto. What kind of game will it be?!

20:43 - Atlus video. Etrian Odyssey IV 3DS.

20:45 - Finally, a Dr. Kawashima game. Not a sequel, but a new step forward. Concentration and working memory training. It's called Demon Training. Dr. Kawashima becomes a demon. Release date TBA.

20:51 - Monster Hunter 3G will get three DLC challenge quests. Hatsune Miku demo, KH3D, DQM movies on the eShop.

20:52 - Today's presentation was advertised on SpotPass Diary.

20:53 - That's it!

20:54 - Gameplay videos, starting with KH3D and Game Center CX.

NOE will also be streaming the presentation with English subtitles. [Now viewable]

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/nintendo_direct_47764.html

Archive:
Nintendo Direct 2011.12.27
Nintendo Direct 2011.10.21

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
t1329908400z4.png

That's the right time?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Suck it America, you can have the shitty time for once.

7pm here. Yeaaaah.

sakipon

Oh man! For some reason I've really started to like these, even without any megaton level news. Iwata's secret charisma in action?

Actual gaming programs with reviews and such don't interest me, but I'd be up to following similar streaming 'release calendar events' from other companies aswell.

Thoraxes

I like these from Nintendo. It's a really nice update on quarterly things, and it's neat to see it presented how it is.

8PM? Yes please, I'll be home. My body will be ready.

Last two haven't disappointed, hopefully this one will live up to expectations.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Japanese Q2 lineup for Wii and 3DS, probably.
So, for Wii, just Mario Party 9. And NOTHING ELSE.
Ehi, maybe there could be something which the classic Famitsu leak couls spoil!

guek

Banned
After reading the recent shitstorm in the wii u speculation thread, Iwata has decided to do some damage control ;-)

It's too bad Reggie didn't keep making his own videos after the first one. We need more funny Reggie gifs.

So, if this creamsugar guys is correct, we'll hear about a DQ7 or FF7 remake for 3DS. I'm hoping for DQ7.

blamite

We never got a US version of the last one right? I'm not too hopeful there'll be any big news this time either.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I dunno if we can expect any announcements. I expect it to focus on Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, MGS3D, and KH3D.

He's quite correct. I might foresight few wii titles since there is only one wii title that are slate to release in Japan. (I can't think of other games.)

Top Bottom