• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

Regiruler

How much time till it starts?

2.5 hours

1 hour 35 min

Wasn't talking about Other M! I even like this game very much.

I was half-joking but I thought of Federation Force and the lack of Metroid this years when I said that.

I feel like playing Other M again.

It has a lot of bullshit in it but I'd put it at a 7/10 game.

My main gripe was the lack of exploration and collectibles.

I mean, they were there but the way to get them felt dumbed down compared to the discovery of the Prime games.

georly

I kind of hope Federation Force is just absolutely amazing, not because I want to play it, but because I want people to get mad about it being good.

My hope is that it's a decent FPS monster hunter clone. I don't ever see it being amazing, but I can totally see it being slightly below tri force heroes levels of good.

Ridley327

I kind of hope Federation Force is just absolutely amazing, not because I want to play it, but because I want people to get mad about it being good.

Hands-on impressions for the game were pretty good, IIRC. I'm of the opinion that the art style is an absolute catastrophe, but the concept isn't any more outrageous than, say, a pinball game.

Other M made a lot of people lose their minds, I guess. Sakamoto is a legend.

I consider the creation of WarioWare: Twisted as being equivalent to a free pass for Other M. It's the best dumbass handheld game ever made. Fuck, I'mma bout to bring out the micro and play some right now :x

WarioWareTwisted!-ClubSugar.gif

Bet y'all can't even look at this without hearing the jingle.

and seriously, Federation Force looks fresh. I'm long past the point where i cared that it's supposed to be a Metroid game, shit looks genuinely fun to play.

For those of you who would frame Sakamoto as a hack, a has-been... Congratulations!

waluigi-you-suck-gold-mario-nintendo-1426937363p.gif

Banned
And if it is you'll still get people completely unaccepting of it and make shit up to make it appear like a shitty game.

My opinion is I don't care about the game. I want a bonafide mainline Metroid. You wanna slap the Metroid IP on a bunch of spinoffs, go ahead. I'm not interested in it and not buying it.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
This looks like Contra art more than anything, and it was rumored before that MercurySteam would be working on putting the final nail in the coffin of Contra, so I assume that nightmare will finally be coming to fruition.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo rightfully told them "thanks but no thanks" with their Metroid prototype, at least that's what it sounded like last time it came up. The idea that they'd be better at a Metroid game than Sakamoto is some pretty funny shit, y'all.

Regiruler

My hope is that it's a decent FPS monster hunter clone. I don't ever see it being amazing, but I can totally see it being slightly below tri force heroes levels of good.

I think it would need to be distinctly better than TFH to get any recognition, to be honest. The two distinct modes might help, but there might to be more layers of polish (at least something to do while in a lobby, god I could go into a coma waiting for people in TFH on non-fridays).

And if it is you'll still get people completely unaccepting of it and make shit up to make it appear like a shitty game.

My opinion is I don't care about the game. I want a bonafide mainline Metroid. You wanna slap the Metroid IP on a bunch of spinoffs, go ahead. I'm not interested in it and not buying it.

Nothing wrong with this point of view.

It's people offended by it and that don't want it to exist that need help.

The video footage so far makes the game feel like it has slow movement and the style is really nasty, if they fix that and maybe remove the metroid prime part from the game title it will be worth the wait.

Hands-on impressions for the game were pretty good, IIRC. I'm of the opinion that the art style is an absolute catastrophe, but the concept isn't any more outrageous than, say, a pinball game.

NLG is one of Nintendo's better developers, honestly. Though their strength is in their cartoony facial animation, so this game is a bit of a puzzle, but maybe it's the kind of challenge they need to show their chops.

At this point I just have so much dissociation from this game as an actual, like, game that all I can see it as is a funny tower to knock over to fall on top of people I find annoying.

Eh, regardless of how good Federation Force ends up being, it will still get shat on by "fans" and critics. Chibi Robo is a pretty good example of this. It's a fantastic, really charming little platformer that people lumped in with stuff like Amiibo Festival because it wasn't like the other CR games.

L Thammy

Eh, regardless of how good Federation Force ends up being, it will still get shat on by "fans" and critics. Chibi Robo is a pretty good example of this. It's a fantastic, really charming little platformer that people lumped in with stuff like Amiibo Festival because it wasn't like the other CR games.

Didn't it also have some really annoying roulette mechanic though? I remember hearing a lot about that before release.

Drago

Didn't it also have some really annoying roulette mechanic though? I remember hearing a lot about that before release.
It did, and it was stupid but ultimately harmless (it was braindead easy to go exactly where you wanted to go) and probably shouldn't have been the sticking point that it was. Though at the same time there was no reason for it to be there so idk.

Muzy72

Banned
There better be cross buy for SNES games on New 3DS. There's literally no excuse now. I gave NES games a pass because 3DS didn't used to have an account system, but now we have NNIDs on 3DS, and now there's the new Nintendo Account.

Actually, saying cross buy is only available to those who have signed up for a Nintendo Account would be a smart thing.

It does have a weird roulette stage select...that goes so slow that it's nearly impossible to mess up. It is a weird thing to include, it's also a completely useless/dumb point to get stuck on when it comes review time. People choose really pointless hills to die on, I guess.

The main complaints were the roulette mechanic and that it wasn't an iterative sequel. What we got was basically A Chibi Robo, Castlevania Yumi's Odd Odyssey love child...and it's awesome.

Pandy

The video footage so far makes the game feel like it has slow movement and the style is really nasty, if they fix that and maybe remove the metroid prime part from the game title it will be worth the wait.
Nice to know you're not being petty about this at all.

I loved Metroid Blast in Nintendo Land, which was done in a similar style, MP:FF looked like a potentially great expansion on that.

Ridley327

It has one that acts as a kind of level progression mechanic, but it's so easy to work with that I don't even know why it was brought up as an issue. Granted, it was so perfunctory that its inclusion is a mystery, but it's a non-entity.

It's not annoying... but it sure is unnecessary. The game also let you store insane amounts of moolah and watts which kind of breaks everything that isn't connected with actual platforming.

Pandy

There better be cross buy for SNES games on New 3DS. There's literally no excuse now. I gave NES games a pass because 3DS didn't used to have an account system, but now we have NNIDs on 3DS, and now there's the new Nintendo Account.

Actually, saying cross buy is only available to those who have signed up for a Nintendo Account would be a smart thing.
How can it be cross-buy when Mother 3 hasn't previously been released on WiiU?

;)

zroid

Banned
Wonder if the Nintendo Rewards program will launch today after the Direct in NA? It was supposed to show up in March, right?

Man this is first direct that I can recall that I'm not gonna be able to watch live. I supose I'm pretty lucky in that sense but it still kind of bums me out. Well I guess I'll be staying off the internet until I can get home and watch it.

Top Bottom