• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct WiiU/3DS @ 8/7 - NA: 7am PT, EU: 4pm CEST

Shauni

Meh direct overall, pretty much goes in line with 3DS is absolutely killing it, and Wii U needs games. The Wii U Eshop reel is the only thing that really caught my interest, also the total lack of Wonderful 101 is concerning.

101 is getting it's own direct this Friday. Better than just a swift mention.

ari

Banned
Turned it to the Japanese stream, see this.

q6R0J2B.jpg

What the fucking Yeesh!

kubus

Am I the only one who was satisfied with the direct? Or is Shibata just that more awesome?

- Wind Waker release date is early October, fuck yeah
- Layton vs AA
- Shibata cosplaying Phoenix Wright
- Animal Crossing Plaza looks sweet
- Animal Crossing promotion. This is great!

I guess it helps not to hype too much :D.

takriel

The European Direct was pretty decent. They showed off a lot of indie games! And damn does A Link between Worlds look and sound sweet! Did you hear that Dark World orchestration?

My expectations were rock bottom for this, so Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright confirmation was nice.

Where the fuck is AA5's release date, though?

Madouu

This thread has been pretty hectic to follow with all 3 directs.

I'm happy about PLvsAA, both Zelda games look awesome and I can't wait for the wonderful 101 direct.

KiTA

Wasn't an amazing Direct at all.

Like I said, if anyone wants a cheap copy of Animal Crossing, PM me and you can have the code for cheap.

Also, why is there a Animal Crossing community on the Wii U? It's a 3DS game. Also, why no Miiverse 3DS news?

You honestly don't think there's a AC NL WiiU port in active development? It's a system seller.

This was truly one of the worst things ever. Why did it even happen? The only info they showed on Wii U stuff was from games we already have plenty of information on. No new Nintendo eShop game announcements, no new info/footage on DKCR:TF or SM3DW, no new firmware discussion.

I also expected this. :/

eojoko

A Link Between Worlds looks wonderful! I just finished playing ALttP too, so I'm ready.

Interesting that the video cut away just as Link reached Hyrule Castle gate, where you could transport to the Dark World in ALttP. I love the new transportation by sliding into dark crevices. I wonder if a mirror will exist? Or will traveling between worlds be more limited (just between walls)? Also liked how the area to the right of his house was changed in the dark world, but still functionally similar. In ALttP, you need the hammer to cross the bridge to the right of Link's house (or the bomb shop in Dark World). In this trailer, the bridge was destroyed.

Yoday

Well that was completely pointless. Why have a whole other Direct for W101 when this one was jam packed full of nothing? Watching Iwata speak has got to be one of the most painful things in games media.

"If you played Phantom Hourglass, then we would really like it if you tried this new HD version of Wind Waker". Well no shit!

Guys, you really have to manage your expectations with these things. I thought that was a fine Direct. More info on stuff we already knew about, plus a small reveal or two.

Not to mention the fact that NA is actually getting Layton vs. AA!

GeekyDad

PL vs AA alone made this Direct worth it.

+1 My wife's two favorite gaming series together. Confirmation of a US release was great. Not sure how anyone could be whining over this Direct. Plus, the new footage of LttP 2 was enjoyable.

Persona86

Banned
The European Direct was pretty decent. They showed off a lot of indie games! And damn does A Link between Worlds look and sound sweet! Did you hear that Dark World orchestration?

This and Pokemon plus that Animal Crossing promotion will make any 3ds purchase worthwhile.

Sendou

From the OP:

Watch a new #NintendoDirectNA on 8/7 at 7am PT for updates on #WiiU and Nintendo #3DS games launching this year.

Is this one of those cases where people didn't know what to expect? In my opinion PL vs. AA localization and Animal Crossing plaza made it very much worth the time.

Damian.

Banned
Weak Direct, just going over information that was largely already known. Nintendo needs to address the terrible Account system in place and give some details on the 3DS Miiverse update. Don't announce new NES Rom dumps for the 3DS that will surely have to be repurchased even if you own them on the Wii U. Step up your game Nintendo and stop fucking over your customers.

Top Bottom