• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2012

vareon

Alright, will be getting my first eShop purchase this week. Mighty Switch Force and Crimson Shroud next week it is!

rjc571

Banned
Wonder Boy in Monster Land (arcade) is 900.

I'll let others fill in the remaining 1100.

Take out Wonder Boy in Monster Land and replace it with Monster World IV (also 900 points), then throw in Ufouria (600) and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap (500). Three of the finest sidescrolling Action-Platformer-Adventure games ever made!

Take out Wonder Boy in Monster Land and replace it with Monster World IV (also 900 points), then throw in Ufouria (600) and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap (500). Three of the finest sidescrolling Action-Platformer-Adventure games ever made!
Great choices, but I stand by Monster Land, it's a personal Top Five of All Time for me.

Although, I guess it's not for everyone. Sigh. :)

smr00

Banned
Alright, will be getting my first eShop purchase this week. Mighty Switch Force and Crimson Shroud next week it is!
What exactly is Crimson Shroud? I keep hearing things about it but haven't been able to find any gameplay.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Great choices, but I stand by Monster Land, it's a personal Top Five of All Time for me.

Although, I guess it's not for everyone. Sigh. :)

As long as The Dragon's Trap is in...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You guys are making some interesting recommendations

So I'm thinking either:

Any 2 games out of:
Ogre Battle 64
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
La-Mulana

Or a 900 point game, a 600 point game and a 500 point game. I totally forgot Rondo of Blood was up on VC, and that's kind of calling to me.

I don't know about this Wonder Boy stuff. That franchise seems confusingly titled. Wonder Boy, Monster World, Monster Land, etc.

Nairume

Banned

So I'm thinking either:

Any 2 games out of:
Ogre Battle 64
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
La-Mulana

Or a 900 point game, a 600 point game and a 500 point game. I totally forgot Rondo of Blood was up on VC, and that's kind of calling to me.

I don't know about this Wonder Boy stuff...
Ogre Battle is going to last you the longest of any of those games.

However, if you really want Rondo of Blood, I'd get that, Mega Man 10, and then grab one of Mega Man 10's DLCs.

@MUWANdo

Banned

So I'm thinking either:

Any 2 games out of:
Ogre Battle 64
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
La-Mulana

I don't know about this Wonder Boy stuff. That franchise seems confusingly titled. Wonder Boy, Monster World, Monster Land, etc.

Ogre Battle 64 is the only one not available on other services, if that means anything to you--MM9/10 are on XBLA/PSN, and La-Mulana is on PC for $15 and has some extra content.

MM9/10 also include DLC--I wanna say 500 Points worth each, but don't quote me on that.

vareon

What exactly is Crimson Shroud? I keep hearing things about it but haven't been able to find any gameplay.

It's a table top RPG, with dice rolls and all that. It's supposedly short and I'm not expecting it to be more than a glorious game book. But the Matsuno + Sakimoto combo ensures I won't regret my purchase.

zroid

Banned
I've only heard Crimson Shroud impressions from two sources, both podcasts, and each was quite negative, sadly. :(

I haven't written it off yet, but won't be pulling the trigger till I hear some actual praise.

Holy shit, Recca! Does it say who's publishing?

Kaga Electronics.

That's not a bad thing. Even MMV sucks compared to the real games.

I quite enjoyed III & V GB, personally. And even so, I'd like to have the chance to play them again, since I lost my cartridges a while back and they're ridiculously overpriced (Especially V) online. Plus, I can always play Mega Man Anniversary Edition for my NES Megaman fix. I can't do the same for the GB games.

Thores

Might as well stick this in the main Downloads thread: Today's Nintendo Direct announced that HarmoKnight is indeed getting localized, though I didn't hear a release date.

They also showcased Tokyo Crash Mobs and it actually looks pretty great.

GaussTek

Wait, what?! Did Euro guys just got Wario Land III?! FUUUUUU

Wario Land II is still a few weeks away here in NA ;_;

Heropon

I didn't know there was going to be a sale on Donkey Kong 94 and Donkey Kong Jr. in the EU eShop until now.

EDIT: Wario Land 3 up in the European eShop!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
EU

Mighty Switch Force!™ Hyper Drive Edition
(WayForward) Wii U
(Download Software) Nintendo eShop €9.99
(£8.99 UK Only)

Funky Barn
(Tantalus) Wii U
(Download Software) Nintendo eShop €49.99
(£39.99 UK Only) 505 Games

LOVEFiLM®
(LOVEFILM) Wii U
(Download Software) Nintendo eShop Free

THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave (Genius Sonority) Nintendo 3DS
(Download Software) Nintendo eShop €7.99
(£7.19 UK Only)

Paper Mario™ Sticker Star (Nintendo) Nintendo 3DS
(Card/Download) Nintendo eShop €44.99 / £39.99 (UK Only)

New Art Academy™ (Nintendo) Nintendo 3DS
(AOC)
Nintendo eShop €1.99
£1.79 (UK Only)

Additional content available this week :
· Paint Like Van Gogh
· Reflections

2 Fast 4 Gnomz (QubicGames)
Nintendo 3DS
(Download Software) Nintendo eShop €4.99
£4.49 (UK Only)

The 3D Machine Series (Ka-Ching Cartoons) Nintendo 3DS
(Download Video) Nintendo eShop €0.99
£0.89 (UK Only) per episode

The Incredible Barbazan (Living Colour Ent.) Nintendo 3DS
(Download Video)
PRICE REDUCTION Nintendo eShop €0.99 / £0.89 (UK Only)

Christmas Wonderland 2
(Microvalue)
(DSiWare) Nintendo DSi Shop 800 Points

THE LAST BLADE 2 (D4 Enterprise) Wii
(Virtual Console) Wii Shop Channel 900 Points

Chopper

Gave the Denpa Men demo a blast this afternoon. Thoroughly enjoyed what I played. Will definitely be picking that up tomorrow afternoon. And thankyou based Nintendo for Warioland 3. I will be tucking into that a bit later.

Did US get an awesome eShop addition?

Drago

@MUWANdo

Banned
It's not on the press release, but the PAL eShop is doing a "Video Game Heroes" sale starring Donkey Kong--DK94 (Game Boy) is 25% off, DK Jr. (NES) is 30% off. Ends December 13.

Can anyone tell me why I can't find the New Super Mario Bros 2 DLC packs anywhere on the eshop? I've done a search, looked under Mario software and recent arrivals. But I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Top Bottom