• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2013

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Bbxj0DjIQAAkxPo.png

Nintendo 3DS offers

Resident Evil: Revelations - 50% off - 26/12/13 to 9/1/14
Edge - 50% off - 26/12/13 to 23/1/14
Wakedas - 30% off - 19/12/13 to 9/1/14

MegalonJJ

Banned
December 26th for WiiU and January 2nd for 3DS, if I remember it right. It should be 60Hz, don't think it was translated on the NES.

Ah, next week! That's good news. (Also it's annoying that pretty much every Mario VC title is 60Hz, yet Super Metroid and ALTTP are 50Hz optimized...grrr).

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Okay, something is weird with the 3DS eShop this week...

First of all, some new sales appeared on Saturday (or so I believe), instead of being marked down with the Thursday update:

* Monster Shooter -- PRICE CUT: dropped from $6.99 to $4.00
* HomeTown Story -- SALE: dropped from $39.99 to $29.99 $29.99 until 1/31
* 101 Penguin Pets 3D -- SALE: dropped to $2.99 until 01/13/14

What's weirder is that a few titles are listed until discounts that, if I am right, are either not discounted OR actually climbing in price. Sort of. It's confusing.

* Snow Moto Racing 3D - $5.99 until 1/9/14, "Normal Price" of $7.99 - This is weird as the game's normal price IS $5.99.

* Let's Ride: Best in Breed 3D: Now $6.99 -- this is weird as I was fairly sure that, as of Friday, it had JUST been marked down to $9.99. Did it get marked down AGAIN?

* American Mensa Academy - $4.99 "marked down from $4.99" -- I had this listed as dropping to 3.99 on 2013-08-01... that could have been a mistake?

Can anyone else help me check on prices for the last three titles? I -could- simply have made mistakes on all of them, but it strikes me as odd that I made so many...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Also, anyone know anything about the $3.99 sale on Chasing Aurora on the Wii U -- as in, when did the price drop, and for how long?

Wait so do North American's get Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for free or not? How can I get it if so? I already linked my Nintendo ID with my Wii U.

cacildo

This week downloads/VC/Sales are terrrrible for NA.

The 3d Classics are the only decent release, and ill only get Streets of Rage

cacildo

you got the PR ?

Well, i dont know if its forbidden, but i got it at the blog that has everything about nintendo

This week’s North American Nintendo Downloads are as follows:

Wii U Download

Knytt Underground

Wii U Demo

Nano Assault Neo

Wii U VC

Castlevania – $4.99

3DS Download

3D Shinobi III – $5.99
3D Streets of Rage – $5.99
Banana Bliss: Jungle Puzzles
Winter Sports – Feel the Spirit

3DS VC

Crash ‘n the Boys Street Challenge – $4.99

3DS Demos

Brunch Panic
World Conqueror 3D

eShop sale
Little Inferno – 50 percent off until 9 a.m. PT on Jan. 2.

Edit: beaten

Jucksalbe

Banned
Where the fuck did A Link to the Past go? I'm assuming Super Mario Bros. 3 is coming out next week, since they promised it by the end of the year.

SMB3 is coming next week in Europe, so it might as well in the US. Don't know about ALTTP, I think MMX2 is still missing in the US as well, isn't it?

Muzy72

Banned
So when the fuck are we in the US getting LttP?

Also there seems to be something neat on the eShop every week for the next couple weeks here in the US:

12/19 - NES Remix
12/26 - SMB3 (?)
12/31 - Dr Luigi
01/02 - Bravely Default demo
01/09 - Chibi Robo

So you're saying it's not a bunch of micro games?

It's certainly a bizarre train of thought that you are so objected to paying $15 for something because it's just "microgames" given that the amount of content within NES Remix is probably of much greater value proposition than a lot of other games that you've bought.

Hiccup

Banned
It's certainly a bizarre train of thought that you are so objected to paying $15 for something because it's just "microgames" given that the amount of content within NES Remix is probably of much greater value proposition than a lot of other games that you've bought.

Because it's the same damn first generation NES games where you do certain things differently.

cacildo

There´s two games i got this year on the eshop that cost $15: Duck Tales and Dungeons and Dragons. I regret both purchases.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
What a joke
This is a joke:

A doctor of psychology was doing his normal morning rounds, and he entered a patient's room to find his patient sitting on the floor, sawing at a piece of wood with the side of his hand. Meanwhile, another patient was in the room, hanging from the ceiling by his feet.The doctor asked his patient what he was doing, sitting on the floor.

The patient replied in an irritated fashion, "Can't you see I'm sawing this piece of wood in half?"

The doctor inquired, "And what is the fellow hanging from the ceiling doing?"

"Oh. He's my friend, but he's a little crazy. He thinks he's a light bulb."

The doctor asks, "If he's your friend, don't you think you should get him down from there before he hurts himself?"

Light bulb

"What? And work in the dark?"

NES Remix is just a great game, built upon a very clever game design, that everyone seems to love. Totally worth the price, it will test your gamer skills while making you smile all along.

Remix is so worth it. They should honestly release a demo version with only a few challenges available.

In for Streets of Rage today and possibly Shinobi.

zroid

Banned
Because it's the same damn first generation NES games where you do certain things differently.

It's also the first time they've actually done something interesting and compelling with these old-ass games which are arguably not that fun to play anymore on their own. NES Remix basically extracts the "fun" from these titles and presents it in a way that's totally worthwhile and addictive.

And that's not to mention the Remix stages which are just awesome.

tebunker

Banned
Really ignorant posting but sure whatever. Granted a demo is probably the only way your mind would changed, but it is made up. Its a great value and a lot of fun.

A movie costs close to $15 to go see in the theatres and you get tops 2.5 hours of entertaiment, but a $15 game that has more than three times that amount of entertainment, god forbid.

The game is a neat take that uses old classics for familiarity to give you challenges, and then goes a step farther and remixes the games completely with nicer effects and graphic improvements for even more challenges.

If you don't like those styles of games, that's fine, but you aren't really saying that.

Back to ot, Nano Assault Neo is on sale too, on top of the demo, so I think I will try the demo and if I like it I am in. Not generally my type of game. I also want to save $$ for Castle Crashers and the upcoming deluge of indie titles.

L~A

This is a joke:

A doctor of psychology was doing his normal morning rounds, and he entered a patient's room to find his patient sitting on the floor, sawing at a piece of wood with the side of his hand. Meanwhile, another patient was in the room, hanging from the ceiling by his feet.The doctor asked his patient what he was doing, sitting on the floor.

The patient replied in an irritated fashion, "Can't you see I'm sawing this piece of wood in half?"

The doctor inquired, "And what is the fellow hanging from the ceiling doing?"

"Oh. He's my friend, but he's a little crazy. He thinks he's a light bulb."

The doctor asks, "If he's your friend, don't you think you should get him down from there before he hurts himself?"

Light bulb

"What? And work in the dark?"

NES Remix is just a great game, built upon a very clever game design, that everyone seems to love. Totally worth the price, it will test your gamer skills while making you smile all along.

Ha ha, nice one :p

But yeah, lots of sales this week. Would been even better with some sales on Nintendo games (DL and Retail).

Richie

Where the fuck did A Link to the Past go? I'm assuming Super Mario Bros. 3 is coming out next week, since they promised it by the end of the year.

If I'm not mistaken, both Japan and Europe are confirmed to receive it next week, so hopefully same goes for America.

Brought this up on the Wii U VC thread, but if SMB3 is indeed arriving next week here, I wonder if ALTTP won't be put there as well, in an effort to duplicate America's dual release of SM3DW and ALBW?

It's nice to dream, at least...

jmizzal

Yea I dont get it why do they refuse to release ALttP in NA VC, I doubt they release Mario 3 and Zelda next week, so that means we are gonna have to wait til 2014 to get it what a joke

bjork

I'm so happy that the 3DS VC game isn't some launch-era NES game. It doesn't even matter if I want Crash or not, just... enough of those black box games.

Gonna snag those Sega games to round out the set. I wonder if I still hate SoR1 as much as I think I do.

Chrom

Found this via Operation Rainfall.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS – DEC. 19, 2013

Dec. 19, 2013

This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™
3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master – 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master is the seventh of eight SEGA 3D Classics making its way to Nintendo 3DS. Use deadly weapons and lethal ninja arts to stand against hordes of bio-ninjas and save the city.

3D Streets of Rage™ – 3D Streets of Rage is the final of eight SEGA 3D Classics making its way to Nintendo 3DS. Now in 3D, the classic brawler 3D Streets of Rage features local multiplayer and a single-hit KO mode to help you take on the city’s crime.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U™
Nano Assault Neo – Demo Version – Stop the deadly Nanostray virus from spreading across the nano cosmos. You are one against millions in Nano Assault Neo. Try out the demo of this amazing sci-fi-themed action game.

Virtual Console™ on Wii U
Castlevania® – Step into the shadows of Castlevania, the deadliest dwelling on Earth. Make your way through six monstrous floors filled with bats, ghosts, zombies and every kind of ghoulish creature you can imagine. Use the legendary whip Vampire Killer and a host of deadly weapons to battle your way to Dracula’s chamber and the ultimate duel of good vs. evil.

Nintendo eShop Sale
Little Inferno – Burn flaming logs, screaming robots, credit cards, batteries, exploding fish, unstable nuclear devices and tiny galaxies in an adventure that takes place almost entirely in front of a fireplace. Starting today, download Little Inferno in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U for 50 percent off until 9 a.m. PT on Jan. 2.

Also new this week:
• Knytt Underground™ (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
• Crash ‘n the Boys™ Street Challenge (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
• Banana Bliss: Jungle Puzzles (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Winter Sports – Feel the Spirit (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Brunch Panic - Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• World Conqueror 3D - Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

To view this week’s Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/downloada5ew9hyt.php.

Top Bottom