• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2013

Platy

I would be perfectly happy if no SNES games comes to the virtual console if the GBA games appear at some point.

At least the embassador ones =(

Refyref

Any insight as to where these 3D classics come from? Space Harrier looks and sounds better than the Genesis port, but not as good as the arcade. What I'm saying is I really want these to somehow be 32X ports.

Uh... 3D Space Harrier IS the arcade version.

tolkir

Next week on Japan eShop

uxwGK.png
(Update ??:??, 12/11)

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo DS | DsiWare

It's pretty sad how we saw never got Tetris Attack overseas because NoA was too cheap to license the Tetris name, even though we now have the original Tetris on the Game Boy VC.

tolkir

first of all: I had no idea this game was released on GB

second: is it actually called Tetris Attack in Japan? Or Yoshi's Panel de Pon, or something?

I reeeeally want the SNES game to be released on Wii U :(
like, so, so much.

Yoshi no PanePon in Japan. Tetris Attack in US and EU.
I usually write the western name if it had a release.

zroid

Banned
Yoshi no PanePon in Japan. Tetris Attack in US and EU.
I usually write the western name if it had a release.

Figured as much... thought for a sec maybe they finally got over the reluctance to re-release "Tetris Attack" because of that stupid name. I will continue to wait in vain.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now if only Konami could get the N64 Mystical Ninja games somehow.....I want my giant robo-ninja battles again.

D-e-f-

Banned
Now if only Konami could get the N64 Mystical Ninja games somehow.....I want my giant robo-ninja battles again.

Wii wasn't powerful enough to emulate those games so I think it's safe to assume Wii U can now rectify this tragedy? I've always wanted to play the Goemon N64 games ever since I saw the magazine pics back in the day. A VC release would be perfect. Do it, Konami!

Roto13

More than anything, these were the games I was hoping would show up on the Wii VC before the Wii was released.

Back when I still had hope for N64 Virtual Console games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wii wasn't powerful enough to emulate those games so I think it's safe to assume Wii U can now rectify this tragedy? I've always wanted to play the Goemon N64 games ever since I saw the magazine pics back in the day. A VC release would be perfect. Do it, Konami!
I also heard there was some issues with N64 games that used the Memory Pak or something, but I can't remember. In any case, should the Wii U actually get N64 games, I hope Konami releases those games.

D-e-f-

Banned
I also heard there was some issues with N64 games that used the Memory Pak or something, but I can't remember. In any case, should the Wii U actually get N64 games, I hope Konami releases those games.

Fingers crossed. I really really want to get some of the N64 gems on VC ...

Now if only Rockstar stopped being so butthurt and put their DMA classics on VC ...

It had to be the Memory Pak thing that held N64 games back on the Wii N64, Nintendo too lazy to figure out how to emulate their own technology.

There were many obvious releases that would have happened if not for that insurmountable road block.

See FX chip and Yoshi's Island also.

Makes me think they just accidently got the RAM expansion working for Majora's Mask.

Roto13

It had to be the Memory Pak thing that held N64 games back on the Wii N64, Nintendo too lazy to figure out how to emulate their own technology.

There were many obvious releases that would have happened if not for that insurmountable road block.

See FX chip and Yoshi's Island also.

Makes me think they just accidently got the RAM expansion working for Majora's Mask.

Very few games used the memory pak in any meaningful way. I'm honestly not sure why it even existed.

Javier

I know Quest 64, Rayman: The Great Escape and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon required the Memory Pak to save.

I'm also quite certain that Mario Kart 64 used the memory paks to save ghost data.

Also I'm astonished that the Wii isn't powerful enough to run Goemon when it can run Majora's Mask just fine.

I thought most third party games required the memory pack to save your progress unless you are confusing it with the expansion pack.

Yes, a lot of third party games used the pak to save. I remember dealing with it often with multiplatform games.

donny2112

Yes, a lot of third party games used the pak to save. I remember dealing with it often with multiplatform games.

First time playing Turok. Get to a checkpoint. "I need some doo-hickey to save my game?!? What's going on!?!" Leave the game paused, go to store to buy doo-hickey, come back and save game. Wake-up call had.

Yea there were 3rd party games that required a Memory Pak to save, basically any company too cheap to put on cart saving I guess. Certainly in the early days.

Such a pain because those things were so tiny you ran out of space quickly. I remember I had one official one and one bigger 3rd party one that had 'pages' you could switch to. Ugh.

Goemon, Castlevania etc. Series that had many VC releases that would have surely hit the Wii VC also had it not been for the Memory Pak thing, Nintendo really should have spent half a day figuring it out.... but why bother when Ice Climbers is way less hassle right?

rjc571

Banned
Also I'm astonished that the Wii isn't powerful enough to run Goemon when it can run Majora's Mask just fine.

Where the hell are you getting this from? Even the homebrew N64 emulator for Wii runs Mystical Ninja's opening at 60 fps (although it crashes shortly afterward). Whatever the issue is with Mystical Ninja, it probably isn't a power issue.

90sRobots

I've been aimlessly wandering around Mystical Ninja for the past seven years on my Wii, might as well upgrade!

Aren't we at the point where anything from the N64 and prior, can be done on the Wii-U, maybe excluding the Saturn?
Maybe, but doubtful. Saturn was such a hobbled-together mess that it probably just isn't worth the effort developing emulation for something that wouldn't garner much interest, even though everyone here would totally buy some Saturn games.

And lol we'll probably never see N64 games on Wii U because no one at Nintendo gives a shit.

ETA! How many of you saw "Legend of..." and thought you were getting Link to the Past today?

D-e-f-

Banned
First time playing Turok. Get to a checkpoint. "I need some doo-hickey to save my game?!? What's going on!?!" Leave the game paused, go to store to buy doo-hickey, come back and save game. Wake-up call had.

It's not like the "Controller Pak required" was right there on the front of the box for every game that needed it ...

And lol we'll probably never see N64 games on Wii U because no one at Nintendo gives a shit.

N64 games are already confirmed to be coming (along with GBA games)

cacildo

Eheh, i played Goemon 64. At least one that was released in english. It was a rental (as ALL n64 games i had access to were)

I remember i liked it a lot! Felt like the kind of game the N64 missed

Funny enough, i only remember the robot battles

90sRobots

Donkey Kong sale starts with DKC trilogy released on Wii U VC....in my dreams.
Nopers.

Donkey Kong headlines the final week of this special offer on select games in the Nintendo eShop. Now through 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 12, get 30 percent off on Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. and Donkey Kong 3 for Wii U, as well as Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. and Game & Watch™: Donkey Kong Jr. for Nintendo 3DS

Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-Nintendo-Download-Highlights-Digital-Content

GeekyDad

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - DEC. 5, 2013

Dec. 5, 2013

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™
3D Sonic The Hedgehog™ – 3D Sonic The Hedgehog is the third of eight SEGA 3D Classics making its way to Nintendo 3DS. Enhanced with 3D game play, you will race at lightning speeds across seven classic zones as Sonic the Hedgehog. Run and spin through loops as you collect rings and defeat enemies on your mission to save the world.

3D Altered Beast™ – 3D Altered Beast is the fourth SEGA 3D Classic to make its way to Nintendo 3DS. Summoned from the dead by Zeus, shape shift into various beasts and fight off hordes of demons to rescue the captured Athena from the clutches of evil. In addition to its new 3D game play, 3D Altered Beast also supports local multiplayer and a new Random Transformation Mode.

Virtual Console™ on Nintendo 3DS
Donkey Kong™ 3 – Classic arcade game Donkey Kong 3 introduces an exterminator named Stanley as he desperately tries to protect the flowers in his greenhouse from Donkey Kong. Armed only with a can of bug spray, Stanley must force Donkey Kong higher and higher into the greenhouse rafters.

Virtual Console on Wii U™
The Legend of The Mystical Ninja™ – In Super NES™ classic The Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Kid Ying and Dr. Yang must work together to overcome multiple levels and save Princess Yuki. The co-op multiplayer game contains intense worlds filled with side-scrolling levels, colorful graphics, stores for upgrading equipment and a host of mini-games like the Quiz House and Horse Races.

Nintendo eShop Sales
Your favorite gaming friends – on sale now – Donkey Kong headlines the final week of this special offer on select games in the Nintendo eShop. Now through 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 12, get 30 percent off on Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. and Donkey Kong 3 for Wii U, as well as Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. and Game & Watch™: Donkey Kong Jr. for Nintendo 3DS.

Also new this week:
• Brilliant Hamsters! (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Hooked on Bass Fishing (DSiWare™ on Nintendo DSi™ / Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Where the hell are you getting this from? Even the homebrew N64 emulator for Wii runs Mystical Ninja's opening at 60 fps (although it crashes shortly afterward). Whatever the issue is with Mystical Ninja, it probably isn't a power issue.

Here:

I'm astonished by the idea of it, I'm not saying it's true.

D-e-f-

Banned

Here:
I'm astonished by the idea of it, I'm not saying it's true.

I'm basing this solely on some old Natsume interview about Harvest Moon64 where they said it was tough to emulate and the rumors about controller pak emulation being an issue as well. Don't take my word as gospel! Might not be a power issue so my word choice was poor, I guess.

Though the fact that it's crashing in wii64 suggests that there is indeed a hurdle to overcome in terms of emulating that game.

Virtual Console on Wii U™
The Legend of The Mystical Ninja™ – In Super NES™ classic The Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Kid Ying and Dr. Yang must work together to overcome multiple levels and save Princess Yuki. The co-op multiplayer game contains intense worlds filled with side-scrolling levels, colorful graphics, stores for upgrading equipment and a host of mini-game

Niiiice. Can't wait to upgrade.

zroid

Banned
Nintendo eShop Sales
Your favorite gaming friends – on sale now – Donkey Kong headlines the final week of this special offer on select games in the Nintendo eShop. Now through 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 12, get 30 percent off on Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. and Donkey Kong 3 for Wii U, as well as Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. and Game & Watch™: Donkey Kong Jr. for Nintendo 3DS.

lame

qq more

When am I able to use my Wii U eshop funds on the 3DS eshop? I have about 30ish there and I'd like to spend them on the Sega 3D remakes.

Nintendo eShop Sales

Not even Donkey Kong GB? Whoever decided on these games should be fired.

L~A

When am I able to use my Wii U eshop funds on the 3DS eshop? I have about 30ish there and I'd like to spend them on the Sega 3D remakes.

Update for that will be out before the end of the month, Nintendo didn't any give any precise date, just "in december".

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's an update coming this month where they're making it so your funds can be shared between 3DS & Wii U (finally) via same Nintendo Network account, but it hasn't been released yet.

Baconbitz

Banned
I want impressions on Sonic (in 3D) before I buy. I mean, it's a fast paced game. I feel like there is a possibility for headaches.

cacildo

The Donkey Kong sale is The lamest

I know this characters sales have been terrible all around, but they kept the worst to the end

zroid

Banned
The Donkey Kong sale is The lamest

I know this characters sales have been terrible all around, but they kept the worst to the end

Each week had at least one or two good games... until this one.

Donkey Kong GB would have redeemed it. Terrible.

Top Bottom