• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2016

RedToad64

Kirby Dream Course is fun. But ... :(
Yeah, I'm not going to buy the same Virtual Console game three times, no matter how good it is. Nintendo needs to get this account stuff worked out.

In an unrelated topic... what is the hold up with Mario Kart 64 in NA? I'm convinced from the Wii VC version that Nintendo lost the source code to the full game.

Robin64

In an unrelated topic... what is the hold up with Mario Kart 64 in NA? I'm convinced from the Wii VC version that Nintendo lost the source code to the full game.

They don't need the source code, they don't recompile these things.

The hold-up is simply NoA.

RedToad64

They don't need the source code, they don't recompile these things.

The hold-up is simply NoA.

plus the game is out on Wii U VC elsewhere already
Doesn't the Wii VC release in NA have the wrong copyright information on the title screen? Like it says 1996 instead of 1997, like the final release version. This, coupled with audio issues, makes me believe something is up. Nintendo has previously gloated several times as to how well Mario Kart 64 sold on Wii VC... I don't understand why it has not been released yet on Wii U.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

Pokemaniac

Doesn't the Wii VC release in NA have the wrong copyright information on the title screen? Like it says 1996 instead of 1997, like the final release version. This, coupled with audio issues, makes me believe something is up. Nintendo has previously gloated several times as to how well Mario Kart 64 sold on Wii VC... I don't understand why it has not been released yet on Wii U.

I can't find any version of Mario Kart 64's title screen that has 1997 on it. Also, I'm not aware of that game having audio issues.

RedToad64

I can't find any version of Mario Kart 64's title screen that has 1997 on it. Also, I'm not aware of that game having audio issues.
Hmmm... I having trouble finding information on the copyright information as well. I could have sworn some users have had a conversation about that on here before. Weird.

The audio issues I am referring to are the stutters that can be found in the Wii Virtual Console version's music. This is especially obvious during the credits sequence song. This could actually be an issue with the emulation, but I wonder if it is actually a hold up for a Wii U NA release...?

Pokemaniac

Hmmm... I having trouble finding information on the copyright information as well. I could have sworn some users have had a conversation about that on here before. Weird.

The audio issues I am referring to are the stutters that can be found in the Wii Virtual Console version's music. This is especially obvious during the credits sequence song. This could actually be an issue with the emulation, but I wonder if it is actually a hold up for a Wii U NA release...?

I'm pretty sure the audio thing is just an issue with the N64 emulator. There are other games where similar things happen, like Paper Mario.

TheMoon

MK64 came out in December 96 in Japan, that's why it has ©1996 on there. They never updated it for the NA and PAL release (Feb, June 97).

Shiggy

Shift DX seems to have way more reasonable pricing than Shifting Worlds. Let's hope it's better than that title.

TheMoon

Here's a random thing I just found: http://vblank.com/product_rcrwii.php

VBlank is selling the WiiWare version of Retro City Rampage DX on his site and it's currently on sale for $4.99 and comes with the following in that version:

INCLUDES...

WiiWare Version
Plays on Wii and Wii U (via Wii Mode)
MS-DOS Version (Retro City Rampage: 486)
Actually runs on 486 DX PCs!
Includes installer; Fits on a single 1.44MB floppy disk!
Windows 3.1 Prototype Version
Try out the unfinished prototype on a classic Windows 3.1 machine in 16-colors!
NES Prototype Version (playable in-game), "ROM City Rampage"
100% 8-BIT Hardware Accurate, could've actually been released in '89
Watch the Making of Video, Here.

By purchasing the game directly from the developer here, you also get...

Printable Game Box & Cartridge Label; Digital Game Manual
The Norrin Radd Bonus Tracks Soundtrack (10 additional songs not included on the OST)

I have no idea if he's selling codes for all regions though or if they are NA-only. Nothing is mentioned.

PtM

Banned
Here's a random thing I just found: http://vblank.com/product_rcrwii.php

VBlank is selling the WiiWare version of Retro City Rampage DX on his site and it's currently on sale for $4.99 and comes with the following in that version:

I have no idea if he's selling codes for all regions though or if they are NA-only. Nothing is mentioned.
I already bought it back then to help him reach that goddamned milestone. :(

Top Bottom