• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2017

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Also downloaded the River City Knight of Justice...

It's definitely, River City Ransom Knights. Again like Runbow, it looks small /scaled down on the screen. Almost too small, there is a 3D effect, but it's barley noticeable.

I've only played about 5 minutes of it. I'll go more into it later, looks like dumb fun. It would be better with multiplayer I'm sure, but I don't think that's present here.

Refyref

My Switch finally arrived! One question: My microSD card still hasn't arrived, if I download things to the internal memory, is there an option to transfer everything to the SD card once I insert one into the system?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
My Switch finally arrived! One question: My microSD card still hasn't arrived, if I download things to the internal memory, is there an option to transfer everything to the SD card once I insert one into the system?

No, you have to re-download. They haven't added a move option yet.

zigg

You can transfer your screenshots!
The way they implemented functionality for this but not for save data or the actual games themselves is... strange.
The games themselves are always archiveable and re-downloadable, yeah?

I suspect save mobility will be a long time in coming, since I believe every Nintendo console has had save hacking be a thing. Moving JPEGs doesn't have the same risk.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So Gonner and Zelda DLC this week correct?

Was on the fence about Zelda as DLC2 was appealing with new story/dungeon, but was like ehhh for DLC1. Wife ran out to get some things at Target tonight though, and she surprised me with a $50 eshop card so yolo. Just copped the expansion pass.

Gonna bank the rest to see what is coming in July.

20170626_220152p8u6z.jpg

PS: WTB Golf Story release date asap

Vanillalite

It's currently 40% off on the European eShops (Offer until: 04/07/2017).

Well that's good news. Now if only more games would go on sale as we go along.

I bet a lot of launch window games could get a bump with a sale especially with so many new Switch owners.

So how about that SNES Classic!

The NES Classic had two titles not currently available on VC:
Bubble Bobble
Final Fantasy

Whereas the SNES Classic has five:
Final Fantasy VI
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Yoshi’s Island

It's amazing how they've gotten over the presumed Super FX emulation issues (NERD to the rescue!) and are releasing the original Yoshi’s Island.
Not buying a Classic but I'll certainly buy all of these new SNES titles on Switch VC.

The games themselves are always archiveable and re-downloadable, yeah?

I suspect save mobility will be a long time in coming, since I believe every Nintendo console has had save hacking be a thing. Moving JPEGs doesn't have the same risk.

Game archiving is great and a feature I wanted for a long time so it's certainly appreciated.
Good point on the risks of save back-ups, I didn't really consider that.
Roll-on cloud saves!

maxcriden

So how about that SNES Classic!

The NES Classic had two titles not currently available on VC:
Bubble Bobble
Final Fantasy

Whereas the SNES Classic has five:
Final Fantasy VI
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Yoshi’s Island

It's amazing how they've gotten over the presumed Super FX emulation issues (NERD to the rescue!) and are releasing the original Yoshi’s Island.
Not buying a Classic but I'll certainly buy all of these new SNES titles on Switch VC

Mana isn't on VC? I've got it on Wii VC. Did they delist it?

Is the discount for Snake Pass the first sale on Switch?

On the eShop, yep, AFAIK.

It's on sale? Still shows as $20 for me in NA.

Also technically GameStop had that sale on Has Been Heroes.

I've yet to see an actual sale on the eShop itself though.

I think it's going live at 10 AM PDT.

Bazry

40% off Bomberman sounds good, until you look on the UK eShop and see its £49.99, so even for a £29.99 sale price it still seems too expensive.

Bowl0l

40% off Bomberman sounds good, until you look on the UK eShop and see its £49.99, so even for a £29.99 sale price it still seems too expensive.
Better than NoA, no discount at all.
I suspect we are gonna get MyNintendo "Only For You" 140 gold coins offer for up to 30% discount..

Only one thing to look forward:
BoTW DLC!

Vanillalite

So is Gonner definitely coming this week or am I setting myself up for disappointment again?

It's done. Dude has been sending out review codes, pimping the OST on Bandcamp, and doing his thank God I finally got this out much deserved victory lap.

You good homie!

Withnail

Just got a Switch a couple of days ago but don't have any games yet. I think Splatoon will be my first retail game and I'm looking at a couple of indies in the meantime.

I had my eye on Bulb Boy but noticed that it now shows TBD for the release date. That's definitely been changed today. Has anybody heard about a delay?

Anybody know any benefit to Sonic Racing Transformed digital over physical?

I kind of want to get it to match me owning Tekken Tag Tournament 2 digitally as well. Two titles I got at launch with excuse Wii U features and probably the best 2 third-party multiplayer ports on the system.

Bonk 3 and Devil's Crush for Wii-U VC after a two-week drought.

Awesome.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is Star Tropics 2 worth $5? :p

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch

- GoNNER – GoNNER from Raw Fury and Art in Heart is a challenging, procedurally generated 2D platformer with roguelike elements. The game follows the largely misunderstood and altruistic Ikk on a journey to cheer up his only friend in this world – a giant land-bound whale named Sally – by searching for just the right trinket in the deep and dark places nearby.

Virtual Console on Wii U

- BONK 3 Bonk’s Big Adventure – It’s up to Bonk once again to thwart the plans of the evil King Drool in this TurboGrafx-16 platformer. There are seven rounds scattered throughout the Dinosaur Kingdom, each one filled with fun contraptions and comical enemies. Depending on the situation, you can change your size to bonk your way through a dead end or to get a hard-to-reach item. And if that’s not enough, you can grab a friend and put your heads together to defeat King Drool in the two-player mode.
- Devil’s Crush – In this TurboGrafx-16 pinball game, shoot the ball onto the board with the Devil Shooter, and then use flippers to rack up a high score. Complete certain conditions to play up to six different bonus stages. The game’s ominous theme is enhanced by its enemies: wandering skeleton knights, sorcerers and even a giant face that changes from a goddess to a sinister serpent.

New DLC:

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Expansion Pass: The Master Trials (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch or Wii U) – More adventures await in the Master Trials pack, available June 30. By completing the Trial of the Sword challenge, Link will prove that he has grown worthy, and the Master Sword will be awakened to always be in its glowing, powered-up state while usable. Master Mode ups the challenge, Hero’s Path mode tracks 200 hours of footsteps on the map, the Travel Medallion creates a warp point, eight new armor items offer unique effects, and the Korok Mask helps locate Koroks. This content can only be obtained by purchasing the $19.99 Expansion Pass, which also includes The Champion’s Ballad, the second DLC Pack that will be available this holiday season. Full version of the game is required to use this DLC.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities:

Want to improve your drawing skills or sketch memorable parts of your trip?

Art Academy Lessons for Everyone! (Nintendo 3DS)
Art Academy Home Studio (Wii U)
Swapdoodle DLC: Animal Crossing Basic Lessons*
Swapdoodle DLC: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time*
Swapdoodle DLC: Mario Kart 8*
Swapdoodle DLC: Prehistoric Life*

*Full version of the game is required to use the DLC.

Great local multiplayer games!

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo 3DS)

Great games to play in a car, on a plane or anywhere!

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (Nintendo 3DS)
Mario Golf: World Tour (Nintendo 3DS)
Pocket Card Jockey (Nintendo 3DS)
Picross 3D Round 2 (Nintendo 3DS)

Staycation? Play games on the big screen!

Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii U)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
Mario Sports Mix (Wii U)
Super Paper Mario (Wii U)

To learn more about these and other great My Nintendo rewards, visit https://my.nintendo.com.

My Nintendo Pikmin Rewards – The Hey! PIKMIN game is coming to the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on July 28. To celebrate, My Nintendo is offering the Pikmin Short Movie, directed by Shigeru Miyamoto, for both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Redeem your points to watch the colorful antics of Pikmin in this adorable cinematic adventure. And don’t forget this new Hey! PIKMIN wallpaper, too!
My Nintendo Rewards Starting July 1 – School is done for the year, so it’s time to enjoy summer break. To add some fun to your vacation, we are offering up to 40 percent discounts on select games to play on the go or on the big screen together with family and friends.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

- Pokémon: Look Upon the Stars
- Pokémon: Pokémon Pop

Also new this week:

- ACA NEOGEO Magical Drop II (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Mighty Gunvolt Burst (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- 6180 the moon (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Preston Sterling (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Zeeman

What's up with the Activities part of the press release? Are they just saying "Hey, buy these games, they exist"

Shiggy

I've played a bit of Rainbow Pocket now and wouldn't recommend it so far. The collision detection/physics are pretty wonky, sometimes you're just sliding off from some edges, other times the player just stops walking in the middle of an even surface. Moreover, the controls don't feel very responsive - everything feels very slow and sometimes you wonder why an enemy is not defeated when you press the button to punch. The loading times when losing are also pretty annoying - the stages just take about 30 seconds each, but you're waiting for about 10 seconds to resume playing once you die.

I'm not sure if the original game shared these issues. I also had this game crash on me twice, which I haven't had on 3DS very often.

The online community also seems non-existent. I haven't found a single player online.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Pretty nothing this week.

3DS folk need to download Mighty Gunvolt Burst. That game is REAL GOOD! And only $10. It's better than MOST of the classic Mega Man series.

zroid

Banned
reminder that Badge Arcade is done updating but now you get 2 free plays every day as they recycle the badges (randomly?)

Top Bottom