• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop Summersale announced 8/23-9/4, 50+titles, 40%off, 3DS+WiiU (Japan)

Garou

QTcGKgB.jpg

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/summersale2017/index.html

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/c092bbb0-7bdd-11e7-8cda-063b7ac45a6d.html

Titles on sale:
3DS (37)

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Super Mario Maker 3DS
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Rhythm Heaven Best Plus
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Animal Crossing: New Leaf amiibo Plus
Miitopia
Xenoblade
Dragon Quest VIII
Puyo-Puyo Chronicle
Severed
Subara City
Touch Battle Tanks 3D-4
1000m Zombie Escape!
Ika-chan

Famicom

Joy Mecha Fight

Game Boy

Pokemon Red
Pokemon Green
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Yellow

Super Famicom

Mother 2 (Earthbound)
Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack)
Demon's Crest
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire II
Castlevania Dracula XX
Ganbare Goemon 2
Ganbare Goemon 3
Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Romancing SaGa 2
Famicom Detective Club Part II

Wii U (15)

Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Super Mario Maker
Sonic Lost World
Sonic & All-Stars Racing
Fast Racing Neo
Mighty No. 9
Ace of Seafood

Super Famicom

Metal Slader Glory: Director's Cut
Kamaitachi no Yoru

Game Boy Advance

Mother 3
Tomato Adventure

Wii

Rhythm Heaven Fever
Super Mario Galaxy
Xenoblade

Sale is 20% off with an additional 20% off if you have your NNID connected to a My Nintendo account. (Applied after the other, so effectively 36% off)

Also eShop prepaid-cards on Amazon.co.jp have a 5% discount and if you buy a prepaid card at Seven-Eleven you will get an additional code for up to 10% of the card-value.

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member
I see Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI are coming to n3ds. I would be excited, having never played them, but SE probably won't bring them to NA. :(

Regiruler

This would be a great opportunity to highlight all the Turbografx games that have come to the Wii U over the past year or so.

So I expect Nintendo to blow it.

Dremorak

Banned
I'm assuming those japanese eshop cards will work on switch :D (I mean they have to, theres only one type of eshop card atm)

I see Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI are coming to n3ds. I would be excited, having never played them, but SE probably won't bring them to NA. :(

Final Fantasy 5 & 6 were pretty much already confirmed when someone found the names inside a log file back when 3ds virtual console became available.

4 was not in there though, which is interesting.

5 was japan only so of course it's not coming, but 4 and 6 might happen.

Feffe

Well at least we know Nintendo is still supportinf the SNES Virtual Console. Square too.

Mario RPG on 3DS is still possible

NeOak

Final Fantasy 5 & 6 were pretty much already confirmed when someone found the names inside a log file back when 3ds virtual console became available.

4 was not in there though, which is interesting.

5 was japan only so of course it's not coming, but 4 and 6 might happen.

SNES V is Japan only, true.

It was released for the GBA in NA.

i-Jest

This is the justification I've waited for to get Shin Megami Tensei iF. Now to find a JPN region Wii U. *levity*

Assanova

Yep. Nintendo sent me one of those 30% off coupons and I can't even use it because there are no Switch games. Same with all of the Nintendo gold that I have.

BubbaMc

Interesting.

I've got a Japanese New 3DS that needs some more games. I look forward to the Neogaf recommendations when the titles are announced!

poodaddy

Yep. Nintendo sent me one of those 30% off coupons and I can't even use it because there are no Switch games. Same with all of the Nintendo gold that I have.

?? Now what is this??

Also if you aren't gonna use that coupon then uh......sell it to a brother? lol

Dremorak

Banned

No switch games?? wtf?? Theres more than I can afford, please send the voucher to someone who will use it :D

scamander

Banned
I hope NoE does something too, but don't count on it.

We already got our summer sale (and it sucked mostly). Was tempted to buy some of the SNES games on sale, but decided against, since I own them already on Wii U (and Wii) and can't really justify to buy them again as long as we don't know what Nintendo's Virtual Console plans on Switch are.

Halabane

Really wish they would have "officially" supported more than 32gb. I know some have used 64gb cards and been okay but I really don't want to roll the dice and lose my saves. I have gone back to only buying carts because of this.

SirNinja

Really wish they would have "officially" supported more than 32gb. I know some have used 64gb cards and been okay but I really don't want to roll the dice and lose my saves. I have gone back to only buying carts because of this.

I've been using a 128GB card for years with zero problems. Just have to make sure it's properly formatted beforehand and you're golden.

Netto-kun

Oh boy. Took them long enough to get the SFC Final Fantasy games on the N3DS Virtual Console. Maybe this time around I'll actually be able to play and beat V and VI.

urfe

I'll be buying probably about 6 new Virtual Console games.

Shame they're not coming for Switch though, but I've almost given up on Virtual Console for Switch. Hope to finally beat FFV.

Sale is 20% off with an additional 20% off if you have your NNID connected to a My Nintendo account. (Applied after the other, so effectively 36% off)

Also eShop prepaid-cards on Amazon.co.jp have a 5% discount and if you buy a prepaid card at Seven-Eleven you will get an additional code for up to 10% of the card-value.

Buying cards at 7-11 in 3000 or 5000 yen increments gets an extra 10% in additional credit, so 9.09% off. Stacked on top of the 36% off, you get up to 41.81% off.

Top Bottom