• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Europe announces release list for summer and early autumn - you will say wow

Disguises

Morokh said:
no Mariokart 3DS no Wow ! :(
Did you really expect Mario Kart to release before the end of September in Europe? :S.

Edit: Nice to know Mario Kart 3DS, Super Mario 3DS and Skyward Sword are all releasing later this year though. Nintendo might actually have games to sell this Christmas time.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mr. B Natural said:
Can I laugh at the people that thought Nintendo was magically changing their tune for the 3ds, an olive branch for 3rd parties, now or do I need to wait a couple more months?

This is standard launch window fare, the first 6 months of the 360, PS3, DS, etc were all like this. It's too early to judge the library, but I would say that the presence of Kingdom Hearts, the announcement of an Assassin's Creed game, a Metal Gear game, shows it's already an upgrade from the treatment the Wii received.

MYE

Somebody at Monolithsoft must have screwed Reggie's wife and kicked his dog

"Reggie[...]telling IGN that "he doesn’t think Disaster is a $50 game". Partly because the voice-over work and audio is "laughable"."

Fuck you asshole. Dizasuta is DieHard, Commando and every other 80's action flick rolled into one and pressed into disc. Oh and the voice acting is actually pretty damn good.

Foffy

Banned
plufim said:
3rd parties said they had plenty of content coming for the 3DS. Turns out they were lying.

To be fair, it will take time for games to come out on the 8th generation portables, much longer than it was on DS and PSP. The bump in specs surely adds to development time to take advantage of it.

But man is it bad from third parties. What's the first super AAA third party game supposed to be? RE: Revelations? That's a 2012 game.

RPGCrazied

MYE said:

"Reggie[...]telling IGN that "he doesn’t think Disaster is a $50 game". Partly because the voice-over work and audio is "laughable"."

Fuck you asshole. Dizasuta!!! is DieHard, Commando and every other 80's action flick pressed into disc. Oh and the voice acting is actually pretty damn good.

But steel diver is worth $40? That some backward ass thinking.

StuBurns

Banned
I said wow, but in a sadness sense, I'm not sure that was the intent.

3DS has two ports I'd buy if I had one though.

Neo C.

Will preorder Xenoblade when my retailer got it on his list. I'm still waiting for some 3DS ware though, Xevious isn't the game I'm looking for.

As expected, Nintendo is going to send out the Wii with a pathethic whimper, instead of a bang. But thats just how they allways work, its been that way (actually a lot worse) on the N64, and on the Gamecube.

US Wii owners might as well just sell theirs and maybe pick up a Wii U later on.

Coen

Anyone know what's happening with the Layton series in Europe? I'd really hate it if we'd have to mis a part. :(

Foffy

Banned
Coen said:
Anyone know what's happening with the Layton series in Europe? I'd really hate it if we'd have to mis a part. :(

If anyone would ever start missing that series, it would be America. You guys are safe.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
MYE said:

Fuck you asshole. Dizasuta is DieHard, Commando and every other 80's action flick rolled into one and pressed into disc. Oh and the voice acting is actually pretty damn good.
Ray's VA was really good. Some of the others were dodgy, but it fit the cheesy tone.

I don't understand how it's too much trouble to release Disaster when it's already in English but funding new games like Mystery Case Files is fine.

MYE

boris feinbrand said:
As expected, Nintendo is going to send out the Wii with a pathethic whimper, instead of a bang. But thats just how they allways work, its been that way (actually a lot worse) on the N64, and on the Gamecube.

US Wii owners might as well just sell theirs and maybe pick up a Wii U later on.

WiiU dosent play GC games so...

And sending off the Wii with Zelda SS and Dragon Quest X is pretty good IMO

M3d10n

I already expected it, but it's kinda sad Gameloft seems to be the first 3rd party to release actual 3DS games on the eShop. They'll probably flood the eShop with ports of their iOS games pretty soon.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
AlexSmash said:
Wii U is definitely one year too late.
Imagine if it were out this Christmas, with Zelda hitting around now.
Nintendo would be looking so much better right now.

Its going to be a sad week when Mystery Case files outsells Xenoblade by 3:1...

Mockingbird said:
Well at least we'll have La Mulana and MotoHeroz this summer!
Meanwhile in Europe we will have MotoHeroz by October and La Mulana in March 2012
I hate how bad NOE were with DSi/WiiWare

AlexSmash said:
Wii U is definitely one year too late.
You can say the same of Gamecube and Wii. Gamecube moreso in Europe due to coming 6 months later. Though I doubt Wii 2012 will be joy Gamecube 2006 gave me (Odama, Chibi Robo, Baten Kaitos Origins, Twilight Princess)

Top Bottom