• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo is gaining popularity in Belgium... as an XTC pill

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
'Can be quite deadly'

Sure, for uninformed morons.
Of course, informed people who are clever enough not to take the pills, will probably also not die from them.

Camjo-Z

Finally, Nintendo is advertising to a mature audience.

13209-Mario-Arrested.gif

lol

kyser73

I thought they called it Molly? (Which is equally recent and stupid). Both are new names to make the same shit sound edgier.

Ecstasy might be the only Drug ever that has gone through a rebranding to boost sales. Quite ironic, that.

'Molly'? Jesus.

Still, none of them are as bad as 'meow meow' for mephedrone.

kyser73

Yeah, the name is especially prevalent in hip hop culture as of late.

Man, I'm old enough to remember the first wave of hip-hop artists who got into E back around the time of Missy Elliot's Miss E...So Addictive album...

I also remember the British post-punk band, XTC and the excellent song 'Making Plans for Nigel.'

Banned
I know Nintendo likes to prioritize fun in their products over anything else but this is taking it too far.

Yep, it's a very common spelling atleast in Yurop.

In Australia we just say e. Or eggs. Or pingers. Or just pills I guess, nobody really does many other kinds. Personally I'd have called them Chuzzwozzers.

XTC is a weird 90s abbreviation, it sounds like you take one then hit the dancefloor yelling "these are so rad!"

I remember around 97/98 there were a batch of really good Es (as they're known in the UK) called Playstations. There have also been acid tabs with Sonic & Mario prints on them, and at least a few other batches of Es with other videogaming-related logos on them.

Nothing new here.

There's no such thing as 'XTC' mate, and MDMA is one of the most glorious chemicals ever invented for human use.

Lots of claims being made in the article without factual basis too...

The amount of fear mongering around MDMA is ridiculous. People die from E-bombs for three reasons, hyperthermia, hyponotramia, and shitty ingredients in the pills. Don't dance for 4 hours straight and keep yourself hydrated and you'll be fine, unless you buy shitty Nintendo pills off some skeezbag at the club =P

And people use powder now, not pills

Nyx

Of course, informed people who are clever enough not to take the pills, will probably also not die from them.

No.

These pills are clean, they only contain MDMA, I know this cause we have the opportunity to bring pills to a testcenter here in The Netherlands.

MDMA does not kill people, only on bizarre doses like 4000 milligrams, that would be more than 20 of these pills.

kyser73

No.

These pills are clean, they only contain MDMA, I know this cause we have the opportunity to bring pills to a testcenter here in The Netherlands.

MDMA does not kill people, only on bizarre doses like 4000 milligrams, that would be more than 20 of these pills.

You'd probably notice a 400g pill too and maybe think 'Just a half to start off with then.'

No.

Yep, its sad we don't have places like that in the states so you don't ingest a bunch of shite. Ive seen people pop 2 grams in a night and other than being jittery they were fine (don't take 2 grams of MDMA in a night, you'll have a bad time =P)

kyser73

The highest dosed pills registered here contained 220ish milligrams.

While the recommended dose is 1-2mg per kg bodyweight.

Whenever we get actual MDMA we usually split a g 4-8 ways. depending on general levels of bravery...

Ecstasy pills have had just about anything you could think of on them so this isn't really anything special. I'd like to think these won't be reaching kids hands, they do resemble candy but so do lots of other dangerous pills. I'm not exactly sure why this is a story, and the chance of one of those pills being so loaded with MDMA that it'd kill a 14 year old girl is extremely unlikely. A bit sensationalist, if they were that strong they'd be extremely expensive and I've never heard of pills like that. I'm sure it's possible but they wouldn't be all over the place if they were I'd think.

Nyx

Ecstasy pills have had just about anything you could think of on them so this isn't really anything special. I'd like to think these won't be reaching kids hands, they do resemble candy but so do lots of other dangerous pills. I'm not exactly sure why this is a story, and the chance of one of those pills being so loaded with MDMA that it'd kill a 14 year old girl is extremely unlikely. A bit sensationalist, if they were that strong they'd be extremely expensive and I've never heard of pills like that. I'm sure it's possible but they wouldn't be all over the place if they were I'd think.

14 year olds need to stay away from any drug.

These Nintendo pills cost 3-5 euros a piece here.

Banned
Nintendo's answer to those who says Wii U doesn't feel next gen. Try playing Wii U while taking this pill.

Minions

I guess that is one way to take your company in a new direction Iwata.

Seriously though, talk about random. I guess it makes sense... since the whole mushroom / Mario thing.

Novocaine

I refuse to buy them unless they come with the gold seal of approval.

"molly" isn't slang for ecstasy though

molly is supposed to be different from ecstasy--less added shit, often powdered.

and its been around for like 20 years before some guy rapped about it last year

Yeah Molly is slang for MDMA, which is the main ingredient in ecstasy.

okno

Nintendo stamped pills are nothing new. While I've never seen the Nintendo logo itself pressed into a pill, I have seen and consumed: 1up, tri-force, mushroom, star, and Mario pills before. The pills are rather clever looking, and definitely show some craftsmanship.

Nyx, you've got Awakenings coming up. Time to stock up? ;D

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Molly is pure MDMA, that is all. Ecstasy is MDMA. They're the same thing. Molly is not a new term nor does it signify anything new and fancy about MDMA these days. The term molly has been around for decades now.

Banned
Reggie: It's not the same pill, it's not the same ingredients!

Namco: Nintendo XTC is weak. There simply up isn't enough MDMA

Kojima: Selling Nintendo XTC is different. If I did sell it I would have to make sure to make efficient use of the unique logo on the pill.

Nintendo could probably make more money selling ecstasy in Belgium alone then selling the Wii U worldwide lol.

Ok I'm done with the jokes now.

Top Bottom