• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo officially confirms its presence at E3 ( No April Fools )... shit’s getting real.

CloudSolace

So, I heard Nintendo said there's no new hardware being shown at E3. I was hoping for the Switch Mini. I am really disappointed.

Nintendo has literally never missed an E3 and they've always had a huge presence on the show floor. In recent years, they've used Directs to unveil new products instead of a potentially awkward stage presentation. Their 2008 conference was embarrassing and they ran into some technical difficulties during a live demo in 2011, so I can understand why they'd want more control over how their new products are introduced.

Weilthain

Banned
I hope they hold a stage presentation and bring out some awkward people and demonstrate their games live and make jokes and stuff.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Andyliini

Nintendo has fully unveiled it's plans for E3 2019.

Europe:

America:

Basically the format is the same as it's been a few years now. On June 8th there will be Splatoon and Smash tournaments. No news have been promised for these, but developers have been known to hang around these, so who knows.
On June 11th, Nintendo Direct will be hosted. It promises a look on Nintendo Switch titles for 2019. After that, there will be thee days of Nintendo Treehouse Live streams, just like previous years.

It's time to jump on the hype train folks!

Shaqazooloo

I might end up taking a few days off work just to keep up with all the news and new gameplay.

Plus I'll probably have a hard time sleeping due to all the hype and mess up my sleep schedule.

Last edited:

DonF

I might end up taking a few days off work just to keep up with all the news and new gameplay.

Plus I'll probably have a hard time sleeping due to all the hype and mess up my sleep schedule.
When I was in university, I would take a day off, plug my pc to the tv, get my other pc and just f5 gaf, watch it melt when the megatons hit, the early leaks, the Cboat posts, all the cryptic insider info drops, people betting their accounts, bans, tags, quotes...
all whilst eating birthday cake and opening gifts. It was glorious.

And still is, in a minor scale.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Well with Reggie gone they need another decent presenter for that and they don't really have one that I can think of lol.

I love the directs ever since Iwata started them, I miss the old ones man.

Reggie leaving was a godsend to me. Imo I would in no way classify him as a "decent presenter" if anything he always came off forced, PR microphone and gave me used car salesman vibes.

I agree with the other poster I prefer live conferences over Directs. I hope they find a good presenter and go for it.

Raph64

Nintendo has fully unveiled it's plans for E3 2019.

Europe:

America:

Basically the format is the same as it's been a few years now. On June 8th there will be Splatoon and Smash tournaments. No news have been promised for these, but developers have been known to hang around these, so who knows.
On June 11th, Nintendo Direct will be hosted. It promises a look on Nintendo Switch titles for 2019. After that, there will be thee days of Nintendo Treehouse Live streams, just like previous years.

It's time to jump on the hype train folks!

x8HP4lf.gif

Ozrimandias

Have 0 expectations about this........ i mean, problably they will announce a new Switch model, but besides that nothing that get my attetion

Unless that DIRECT has some magic in it and maybe titles that aren't planned for 2019, some wild announcements, then it will be so boring.

Splatoon and Smash tournaments sound incredibly boring.

AlexxKidd

Have 0 expectations about this........ i mean, problably they will announce a new Switch model, but besides that nothing that get my attetion

They will do no such thing.

Nintendo Direct E3 2019: The presentation will begin at 9 a.m. PT on June 11. Viewers can watch it by visiting https://e3.nintendo.com/. The presentation, which focuses entirely on software, will offer a look at games scheduled to launch in 2019.

RPGCrazied

Not expecting much but I do hope to at least see Metroid Prime trilogy for switch and whatever Monolith Soft is working on.

gspat

Can't wait to see the reveal of the New Super Mario Something or other...

You know, the one where they introduce new game mechanics, like jumping around and collecting coins and stuff.

Should be awesome... :messenger_weary:

mcjmetroid

Buuuuut I'll settle for at least fire emblem full blow out, Metroid Prime trilogy and we'll thats about it as far as expected stuff goes. I don't see them doing any Pokemon info at E3, it's not their style usually a standalone event.

I'm hoping to see some thq goodness as well. Is it too much to ask for a Timeplitters remaster since they bought the IP? They gotta be working on this surely.

The Switch is my favourite console in terms of the ease of playing games on it. For whatever reason I'd play games I never considered on other consoles on it to mostly great success.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Here’s hoping that LttP remake rumor is true. Links awakening is already going to be amazing but a remake of my second favorite game of the series? Fuck yeah I’d want that.
Can't wait to see the reveal of the New Super Mario Something or other...

You know, the one where they introduce new game mechanics, like jumping around and collecting coins and stuff.

Should be awesome... :messenger_weary:
I agree that nsmb is meh, but why would they need to add new mechanics to a formula that’s fine as-is? I just want a better art style and better music and less hand-holding in the next Mario game. Which I seriously doubt they’d announce as SMM2 is the next Mario game.

Unless they announce the next Mario & Luigi rpg, I’d be super hyped for that.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Man why couldn't the events be swapped. I wanna see the new games first instead of watching other people play old games.

Andyliini

I just noticed that this will be first E3 without either Reggie or Iwata since 2001 or something. Miyamoto probably still sticks around though, and I'm eager to see how Mr. Bowser can handle himself.
Also, I'm old.

Codes 208

The rumour was never that it was a remake, a retailer simply had LTTP listed for Switch.
While certainly true. There’s very little reason to assume that Nintendo would be planning to launch a physical copy of LttP as-is even as a switch title.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
While certainly true. There’s very little reason to assume that Nintendo would be planning to launch a physical copy of LttP as-is even as a switch title.

Best Buy also sell digital game codes on their site. I'd say there's little reason to assume Nintendo would have a LTTP remake in the chamber when they've already got LA.

But hell, I'll take 10 copies of both.

Shaqazooloo

Oh yeah, I guess this will be the first E3 I watch without Reggie, gonna be weird, but i'm looking forward to seeing what Mr. Bowser does and how he handles it (unless they decide to have one of the Japanese guys do it).

I won't miss the yearly sesquipedalian speech on the nature of gaming and fun. Those were always freakin' weird and slowed things down to a crawl in an otherwise quite fast pace presentation (post-conference era at least).

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
This is the E3 where Nintendo will finally revive Sutte Hakkun and Mole Mania. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyfox

I’m just hoping for a good third party e3 showing for switch. Nintendo fucked up metroid and the retro studios game looks to be something cheesy.

I’m excited for Luigi’s mansion but I don’t need e3 for that.

There won’t be new hardware and Metroid trilogy is overdue.

Maybe theyve something up their sleeve and I am loving my switch lately anyway but my moneys on Microsoft this e3.
:pie_moneyface:

Top Bottom