• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club |OT| Go for the shins! THE SHINS!!

RiggyRob

ah, now that brings other questions in... I wasn't paying attention to the actual combos I was more focused on the stats increasing.
So I guess should be considering the combos then?

You should consider them, but I've found stats are always the most important thing - you can give a player all of the best skills and it means nothing if he's weak in all stats.

RiggyRob

Anyone else get an email from Nintendo about a downloadable Nintendo Pocket Football Club Tournament Planner?

Also, does anyone know you'd go about deleting your team from the NPFC stats / online site?

MrKaepora

Anyone else get an email from Nintendo about a downloadable Nintendo Pocket Football Club Tournament Planner?

Also, does anyone know you'd go about deleting your team from the NPFC stats / online site?

Already did 3 matches, lost two and won the other.

The number one in the tournament is a little fishy. He has already played more than sixty matches and all his players are S rank in every stat.

Zornica

Banned
The number one in the tournament is a little fishy. He has already played more than sixty matches and all his players are S rank in every stat.

Is it the guy from spain?
I guess he's been doing what we should've:
creating a great team together, exchanging starplyers. it's probably way easier to get an all-S team when everyone just focuses on 1-4 players each. I bet he did something similar with his friends/his community.

RiggyRob

Is it the guy from spain?
I guess he's been doing what we should've:
creating a great team together, exchanging starplyers. it's probably way easier to get an all-S team when everyone just focuses on 1-4 players each. I bet he did something similar with his friends/his community.

It's the fact that he's played over 60 matches when you're limited to 3 matches a day that's dodgy.

gavvybiggs

Neo Member
Finally I have been let into the N Gaf!

Gotta say, great game. Addictive.
Promoted in first season, but got battered 8-0 in the cup!
Second season started slow but now ticking along ok.

So far in 11 seasons I've won...

7 League titles (across all leagues)
4 Federation cups
2 European Challenge cups
1 World Club cup

I'm gonna try and emulate Fergie and go for 26 seasons!
I've built three seperate sides but I've just dismissed 7 players and I'm gonna rebuild another to keep things interesting.

I'm surprised this is keeping me hooked for so long.

RiggyRob

So far in 11 seasons I've won...

7 League titles (across all leagues)
4 Federation cups
2 European Challenge cups
1 World Club cup

I'm gonna try and emulate Fergie and go for 26 seasons!
I've built three seperate sides but I've just dismissed 7 players and I'm gonna rebuild another to keep things interesting.

I'm surprised this is keeping me hooked for so long.

The addictiveness aspect definitely keeps you hooked, it's that 'just one more game' feeling.

Also I'm convinced that picking your players for the All Star Team brings their potential back up, so next time I'm asked to manage the All Star XI I'll abuse it by picking my own players.

RiggyRob

When do they ask you? If you've won some leagues or cups?

I'm not sure but for me at least that was the case - I won the Pro League 1 title with a game to spare and immediately afterwards I was asked to manage the All Star XI in a friendly against Digya Lions, of which 4 of my players had already been called up for.

Hmmm, interesting. It seems that starting a match from the exact same set of circumstances will not always spawn an identical match. After a bit of testing, it seems that whatever calculation determines if a player just gives away a free kick or if they get a yellow/red card is not set by that seed.

No way to really exploit that without a lot of save scumming, but still an unexpected result.

Oxx

I found that I had 10/10 streetpasses when I arrived home today.

It's good to see, but it will take forever to work through all of them midseason. And I'm not sure if the rewards are worth it either.

RiggyRob

I found that I had 10/10 streetpasses when I arrived home today.

It's good to see, but it will take forever to work through all of them midseason. And I'm not sure if the rewards are worth it either.

They won't be - playing a DLC/Spotpass team will always give you more cards because you get at least 9 from them. Streetpass matches are only really good for winning to bring your backing rating back up.

Edit: Unless they affect your online rating that is, in which case getting some easy wins would drastically improve your online ranking.

Oxx

They won't be - playing a DLC/Spotpass team will always give you more cards because you get at least 9 from them. Streetpass matches are only really good for winning to bring your backing rating back up.

Edit: Unless they affect your online rating that is, in which case getting some easy wins would drastically improve your online ranking.

I don't really know.

Feels good to destroy real teams, though.

Pikma

Banned
I can't believe NoA will fucking miss the 'biggest World Cup in history' boat and sit on this already localized game, what the fuck, I just... cannot believe how fucking incompetent they are. No wonder they've lost so much ground and are in such a shitty position right now, they deserve it.

I can't believe NoA will fucking miss the 'biggest World Cup in history' boat and sit on this already localized game, what the fuck, I just... cannot believe how fucking incompetent they are. No wonder they've lost so much ground and are in such a shitty position right now, they deserve it.

They are waiting for the superbowl to stealth release the game.

RiggyRob

Aww yiss, European Challenge Cup Champions! 3-2 win over Artisti del Gol with the winning goal in the 89th minute.

Feels good, man.

RiggyRob

When is the Netherlands team available to Spotpass? Been playing against Italia for far too many matches (although I do have a couple of defenders with S ranks in their stats to show for it).

When is the Netherlands team available to Spotpass? Been playing against Italia for far too many matches (although I do have a couple of defenders with S ranks in their stats to show for it).
End of july. They're the last team. The schedule is somewhere in this thread, one or two pages back.

Spades

End of july. They're the last team. The schedule is somewhere in this thread, one or two pages back.

Here is the schedule again:

Code:
Team	Date
Spain	Available 02/05/2014 14:00 UK time until 09/05/2014 13:59 UK time.
Italy	Available 09/05/2014 14:00 UK time until 16/05/2014 13:59 UK time.
Germany	Available 02/06/2014 14:00 UK time until 09/06/2014 13:59 UK time.
France	Available 13/06/2014 14:00 UK time until 20/06/2014 13:59 UK time.
England	Available 07/07/2014 14:00 UK time until 14/07/2014 13:59 UK time.
Holland	Available 14/07/2014 14:00 UK time until 21/07/2014 13:59 UK time.

No Brazil - which makes no sense. :(

daydream

Banned
Seems like I missed the Welcome Cup. Ah well.

Playing against Italy at the moment and I'm leading 1-0. Though I doubt that'll last.

Seriously, The Eleven is my arch nemesis. My team is better, The Eleven is at the bottom of the league but still they win every match. League, Cup, Friendly, whatever. It angers me.

gavvybiggs

Neo Member
Howdy,

My club ID is 3879A4445

and my friend code is 0232-9724-4574

im struggling in my 2nd season after gaining promotion in the first season!

RiggyRob

World Cup Feveeeerrrrrrr.

Just downloaded France as the Spotpass team, haven't played them to find out what combo they give yet though.

Top Bottom