• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo says it will overcome challenges of generational transition with ‘unique propositions’

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
here's your Nintendo VR
08-nintendo-labo-vr-2019.jpg
Laugh all you want, but that was a fun kit.

All the Labo kits we built were fun, and excellent family products in general. I hope for more on the next system.

bigdad2007

I could 100% see Nintendo going the Wii>WiiU VC route and charging people $10 a game to get the patch to make a select portion of the catalog BC with some token graphical improvements.

There is no way they let people just get a better performing TOTK for free. My guess is they are either going to redesign the cartridge slot or abandon it entirely.

Zannegan

With the advancement of AI, I could see Nintendo really embracing that to experiment with it.

My pitch would be a new Legend of Zelda title. However, this is no ordinary "Zelda game". With the power of AI, your partner in the gameworld is Link, whom you can converse with intelligently with in game events or just
general banter.

Something like "Hey Link, there's a wizrobe near the tree". He responds with "I'm not feeling so hot right now, the food we cooked earlier was bad. Can you give me a health potion?". "I feel much better, I'll go deal with the wizrobe now!"

Or entering a Dungeon that's extremely dark. "Link, be careful. We have some wood sticks in our backpack, why don't you light them and then throw them into the darkness to help us navigate where we're going" and Link would
then carry out the task-lighting the sticks and throwing them down to help light the way while still talking with you about the situation in real time".

Hopefully one day we'll get something like that. I think it'd be really fucking cool to pull off. The Matrix demo with the AI NPC conversation mod is a prime example of bringing the game world to life.

Besides all that, I'm hoping their "gimmick" is the return of glasses free 3D. 2 Screens.
I honestly can't tell whether you're joking, but if not a Fi Simulator is an interesting idea that I'd play around with for a few minutes, but I'd HATE to try to play a whole game like that.

Guys, they are probably talking about console gimmicks.

You know, like Wii, WiiU(which failed), Switch, Labo(ultra failed) and ringfit. There also other older examples like Powerglove, they have being doing this since ever. Its their thing.

don't forget Virtual Boy.

Doing gimmicks has always been Nintendo's thing because they operate like a toy company. If it sticks like the Wii, they become trend setters and look like geniuses, but most of the time it fails because it's just a novelty. They have their first party titles to fall back on so they are not taking that big of a risk in the grand scheme of things.

Top Bottom