• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: new Firmware update available (Ver. 3.0.0)

L~A

This one is a pretty big one, I think. Took a while to download for me. No patchnotes available as of writing, sadly. But the jump to 3.0.0 makes it clear it's not just "stability" this time around.

Update: patch notes!

- Register a channel to receive News for specific games
To register, head to News > Find Channels
- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
To add friends, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Friend Suggestions
- Receive notifications when your Friends go online
To turn this ON/OFF, head to System Settings > Notifications > Friend Notifications
- Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
To search, head to Controllers > Find Controllers
- Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
To change order, head to System Settings > Users > Change Order
- Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
- Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
To access Quick Settings, hold down the HOME Button
- Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
To lower the max headphone volume, head to System Settings > System > Lower Max Headphone Volume
* This settings will be ON when Parental Controls are enabled
- Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale
To use this feature, head to System Settings > System > Change Display Colors
- Connect a USB keyboard to the dock to type whenever the keyboard is on the screen
- Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
To enable, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication
* The NFC touchpoint on the Pro Controller will be disabled while the controller is using wired communication.
- Update connected controllers
To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers
Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data when insufficient space when downloading other software
* User save data is not deleted

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:

- Resolved an issue that caused game software updates to fail and prevented the software from starting
- Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode

> http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525/p/897

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From Nintendo's site:

Improvements Included in Version 3.0.0
Added the following system functionality

Register a channel to receive News for specific games
To register, head to News > Find Channels
Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
To add friends, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Friend Suggestions
Receive notifications when your Friends go online
To turn this ON/OFF, head to System Settings > Notifications > Friend Notifications
Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
To search, head to Controllers > Find Controllers
Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
To change order, head to System Settings > Users > Change Order
Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
To access Quick Settings, hold down the HOME Button
Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
To lower the max headphone volume, head to System Settings > System > Lower Max Headphone Volume
* This settings will be ON when Parental Controls are enabled
Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale
To use this feature, head to System Settings > System > Change Display Colors
Connect a USB keyboard to the dock to type whenever the keyboard is on the screen
Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
To enable, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication
* The NFC touchpoint on the Pro Controller will be disabled while the controller is using wired communication.
Update connected controllers
To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers
Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data when insufficient space when downloading other software
* User save data is not deleted

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:

Resolved an issue that caused game software updates to fail and prevented the software from starting
Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode

Damn, huge update

Is it region free yet?

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

ryushe

Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
dammit! Why couldn't that be increase max volume? :(

Neoxon

Looks like a pretty substantial update, neat. Allowing us to use the Pro Controller as a wired controller is pretty big, & something I didn't think could be enabled via a software update.

That being said, I'm surprised that no ARMS avatars were added, yet.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Wired pro controller. Pretty big.
Friend list unification. Nice, but it should just be one list by default (all linked via my Nintendo)

kami_sama

Yeah!
I like this update, while not the cure for all the ailments that the switch os has, the fix for the hdmi is very welcome.

True Fire

This is a great update, but I'm disappointed they don't have Themes yet.

The musicless black and white themes aren't nearly as good as my SMT4A theme on 3DS.

BiggNife

Seems like a lot of small but necessary improvements. Glad they're finally trying to address the HDMI auto switching.

Hopefully the 8bitdo controllers still work.

Big ones are receiving notifications when your friends go online, wired Pro Controller, and ability to use USB keyboards to type. Will download once I get home from work.

Good update - can anyone possibly test it to see if it'll support 1080p on "unsupported" displays? I have a 24" 1920x1200 monitor and currently it only gives me 480p and 720p output.

Patch notes said:
- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists

This is pretty big: I added a ton of people here when Xenoblade X came out, and while I only ever interacted with a fraction of them, it will make it easier to find people on GAF by their user names.

Top Bottom