• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2016 Thread [*LIVE*] (No childish commentary allowed)

Azalean

Banned
5nWMeL2.png

t1465920000z4.png

Kicking off on June 14 at 5pm BST, the Nintendo Treehouse live will be focusing on mostly Legend of Zelda Wii U for its duration.

The format will be different at E3 this year for Nintendo, no Direct-style presentation will be run, although it will be hosted by Nintendo of America chief operating officer, Reggie Fils-Aime.

The livestream will be broadcast over two days, the first will focusing on the new Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon titles, followed by a big look at the Legend of Zelda.

Games to be shown

The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)

Pokémon Sun and Moon (3DS)

Monster Hunter Generations (3DS)

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (3DS)

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Wii U)

1Z8ljin.jpg

Streams

Twitch
YouTube

Live Blog
Bingo

Day 1 VOD

Highlights
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Introduction
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Exploration Gameplay
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Beyond the Plateau
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Shrine of Trials Gameplay Part 1/4
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Shrine of Trials Gameplay Part 2/4
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Shrine of Trials Gameplay Part 3/4
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Shrine of Trials Gameplay Part 4/4
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Hunting and Gathering Gameplay
Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon - Demonstration

WARNING

I can't believe we have to say this, but if you see a woman on the stream, there is no excuse for you to act like animals and spray all over the walls. Keep it in your pants and have some respect for people.

Ydelnae

That was embarrassing.

Where did you find this? It looks rather fake to me.

Come on. Are you being serious? Someone obviously just reused the official art assets released to this point and mashed this up.

Some guy tweeted it saying that it looks like the provisional boxart, but they didn't link to its source. It's obviously just promotional art over a textured background, I know, but I was just asking if it was in any official site or if it's just placeholder.

Bump. New thread, check the warning in the OP and stop embarrassing yourselves.

The warning is embarassing to read, I can't believe that happened :eek:
Btw, any words on real dungeons and cities ? It's okay, we seen open world overworld... now bring the cities.

iFirez

If these blue bombs are unlimited I'm going to use them a lot, being a hoarder.

It looks like they might be.

Looks like we're getting these smaller supplemental streams with the Treehouse crew between bigger streams with Aonuma, which is nice, I'm excited for the bigger streams for more info though.

Frillen

Bump. New thread, check the warning in the OP and stop embarrassing yourselves.

It wasn't really that bad. I've seen things like this worse in hundreds of threads on GAF. Why single this one out? Plus it was already dying out when you locked it.

Instro

Can't believe people in here can't handle a women on stream. Game looks like a blast though, visual issues aside. I'm all in once the NX version is released.

That was embarrassing.

Some guy tweeted it saying that it looks like the provisional boxart, but they didn't link to its source. It's obviously just promotional art over a textured background, I know, but I was just asking if it was in any official site or if it's just placeholder.

I ran sites for years, and just last year Nintendo revoked my press site access. I wish I still had it to see if they had anything.

Looks fun. I hope the shrines don't get old, tedious and I wonder how meaningful their rewards will be if they're 100 of them.

I don't want Elder scrolls nonsense

Jamaro85

Love that we're getting this much footage. Maybe it was expected with the amount of time allotted, but still. Awesome.

I can't believe what happened in the other thread. Embarrassing.

Aaaaaanyway, I can't get the Twitch stream to run much at all, but YouTube's consistent for me. :s Stream's on break, but I think keeping Twitch open just in case is a lost cause. Odd.

Much as I like the design of the shrines seen so far, I'm hoping there's at least a different color palette for later ones. I'd like the variety--but again, these designs are great!

Get a girlfriend guys, no need to make a fool of yourself here.

OT the shrines seem like they will get boring if they all look the same and so dark.

rhandino

Banned
I cannot at the other thread.

Anyway the temples still look great and the fact that there are 100 of them make me tingle.

Reminded me a bit of the little trials in ALBW

KarmaCow

It's a new thread, let it be clean start.

Btw, any words on real dungeons and cities ? It's okay, we seen open world overworld... now bring the cities.

They made it clear that shrines and dungeons are different things and all they showed were two early shrines.

Alright, I'm here. What did I miss? Have they shown the NX yet?

They're not going to show the NX at E3, unless they go against their earlier statement saying it wouldn't be there, which I highly doubt. It's just been the Zelda show as they previously announced. Tomorrow I think we start seeing some of the other Nintendo games, if I recall correctly.

Aeana

It wasn't really that bad. I've seen things like this worse in hundreds of threads on GAF. Why single this one out? Plus it was already dying out when you locked it.

I singled this out because I saw it. Worse things happening is never an excuse for anything, ever.

They made a distinction between dungeons and shrines. Also, they said the first shrines are much shorter and simpler than later ones

Flare

These mini dungeons seem a bit too mini to me. Hope the later ones are a bit longer and at least take 15-20 minutes to complete.

Top Bottom