• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's NYCC Lineup & Activities

Jetku

There was a total of ONE Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate demo station for the Wii U. At any given time, it only had 5-7 people in line, but it was a 15 minute demo...

MH3DS was a much more reasonable line, as there were 4 kiosks. I tried it out, but had no clue what I was doing. I wasn't going to read the 3 double-sided help cards attached... Graphics were great though. Still looking forward to the Wii U version.

creid

There was a total of ONE Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate demo station for the Wii U. At any given time, it only had 5-7 people in line, but it was a 15 minute demo...

MH3DS was a much more reasonable line, as there were 4 kiosks. I tried it out, but had no clue what I was doing. I wasn't going to read the 3 double-sided help cards attached... Graphics were great though. Still looking forward to the Wii U version.
Capcom had their own room downstairs that had 4 more 3DS stations and one more Wii U station. They were giving 20 minutes per player there.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
At the Nintendo booth I played:

Wonderful 101 - seemed pretty fun but was a bit gimmicky. I didn't like having to draw circles on the screen to change my attack formations, nor did I appreciate the part where you have to look down at the screen to move your character around. Definitely feels like an arcade beat-em-up more than Pikmin (which was what I was expecting). Still want to give it a further chance but didn't immediately hook me the way some of Platinum/Clover's other games have. My friend from college was manning the booth for this game on Saturday, so it was cool getting to see him for the first time in about 8 years.

Crashmo - I didn't know what this was going into it but it's a sequel to Pushmo, which I played on my brother's 3DS a while ago (but forgot the name). Seemed harder than what I remember of Pushmo, especially with having to deal with the 3rd dimension. I suck at depth/spacial awareness puzzles so I don't know about this one.

Pikmin 3 - IMO the nicest looking game shown, graphics are vivid and bright, subtle DOF and the leaf textures look awesome. I never really got much into Pikmin, but what was there seemed good and more interesting than most "RTS" games I've played.

New Super Mario Bros U - played with 3 other players using the regular Wii controller and one girl controlling the tablet. The girl used the tablet to make blocks to help us out, but she wasn't very good at the game and she kept on putting blocks in my way accidentally, causing me to die. Also, the controls seemed to me a bit stiffer than the other Mario titles.

Rayman - this game had me playing as Rayman with another person playing on the tablet, the person uses the tablet to "tickle" enemies revealing vulnerabilities, moving platforms around and helping out. Thankfully, the person with the tablet was much better than the girl playing Mario, so I managed to make it to the end of the level. Only thing I don't like is how to hover, you need to press the jump button again (instead of just holding it down after making the first jump), this took some getting used to.

Controller - was smaller and more 'squat' than I thought it would be (I was picturing it to look more like an ipad with analog sticks on it), wasn't too comfortable for me and I will probably opt out of it whenever possible.

Classic Controller - this is more like it. Felt like a lighter, much more comfortable 360 controller with a MUCH better dpad/buttons. The analog stick placement and dpad/button placement works a LOT better than I originally thought it would. Wish this was the standard controller for the system.

Top Bottom