• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA Bringing RPG Maker Fes (3DS) to NA & EU

Dingens

pretty sad to see gaf not really cares about the game.
the free version already has 400 custom games!
playing one right now .

The demo of Demos

"surreal resolution"

pretty awesome to play !
And really shows what could be done with the game.

Maybe we can get a "good games"-list going eventually.

The Dink

pretty sad to see gaf not really cares about the game.
the free version already has 400 custom games!
playing one right now .

The demo of Demos

"surreal resolution"

pretty awesome to play !
And really shows what could be done with the game.

Meh. I love the idea of the game since I played the RPG Maker back on PS1 back in the day for like 500 hours, but once I switched to RPG Maker on the PC and actual game engines like Unity and Unreal, it's kind of hard for me to be excited for this. Looks like the best RPG Maker not on a PC so far though, but the game file size (That demo of demos game seriously takes up 16% of the max file? Dude, what?) and lack of "Scripts" from the newest PC versions makes this a hard pass for me. Also, the ease of uploading titles coupled with a limited asset selection makes me think finding actually good titles will be much harder than it should be.
It would make a great gift for my nephews though. The UI looks much friendlier and inputing text would be faster than any of the console versions at least.

I'd be down for that since I'm mostly buying it to play games made by users instead of making my own.

Fun fact: You don't actually need to buy the game to play other people's games. There's a free "player" available on the e-shop now that can be used right away though the pickings are slim since it's not officially out.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
still playing that game tbh haha trying to grind for new weapons.
what is that 16% file size stuff tho ?

kunonabi

Meh. I love the idea of the game since I played the RPG Maker back on PS1 back in the day for like 500 hours, but once I switched to RPG Maker on the PC and actual game engines like Unity and Unreal, it's kind of hard for me to be excited for this. Looks like the best RPG Maker not on a PC so far though, but the game file size (That demo of demos game seriously takes up 16% of the max file? Dude, what?) and lack of "Scripts" from the newest PC versions makes this a hard pass for me. Also, the ease of uploading titles coupled with a limited asset selection makes me think finding actually good titles will be much harder than it should be.
It would make a great gift for my nephews though. The UI looks much friendlier and inputing text would be faster than any of the console versions at least.

Fun fact: You don't actually need to buy the game to play other people's games. There's a free "player" available on the e-shop now that can be used right away though the pickings are slim since it's not officially out.

Yeah, I love the fact they made it an option. I'm mostly getting it for collection and supporting more 3DS releases. I probably will dabble in making a game or two if my backlog ever gets small enough to allow me the time.

Amalthea

Banned
Does somebody know if there are simple rowing boats are somewhere in the default graphic sets? I have been searching in the tiles menu but didn't find anything.

B_Signal

I was interested in this but I didn't realise it was out so soon. It was too expensive on Amazon last time but I checked to. I might still pick it up

Top Bottom