• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNei1y

Sansa's story line is the weakest of all storylines but it is progressing and she is growing. The last episode was an example of how she's grown. She acted all upset and distraught when Cercei and Joffrey looked up at her. She marched off but gave a big smile/sigh of relief when she was replaced with hot tudor chick. She's playing the emotions to keep her ass clear of trouble. Littlefinger called her out on it, though. Maybe they'll leave together? Maybe she'll meet Hound somewhere? Idunno

Lakitu

st5fu
Something to tide you guys and gals over:

normal_fgukp_6.jpg

full size

normal_fgukp_8.jpg

full size

No doubt in some alternate reality, she is my waifu <3

Merovin

What does GAF think? Should I purchase season 1 of Game of Thrones now to watch again? And do the same when season 2 is released? Or just wait for the future when the complete boxset is released? I never know what to do because I always want that fancy boxset at the end...

Cyan

Banned
I think what people are seeing is that Sansa is not proactive (Jon Snow kinda has the same problem lately). She has grown as a character, she's learned things, she's lost some naïveté, but she doesn't make decisions and then follow through on them.

Arya is proactive. Tyrion is proactive. Robb is mostly proactive. That's what makes them so much fun to watch. Sansa... just isn't.

Jonm1010

Banned
I think what people are seeing is that Sansa is not proactive (Jon Snow kinda has the same problem lately). She has grown as a character, she's learned things, she's lost some naïveté, but she doesn't make decisions and then follow through on them.

Arya is proactive. Tyrion is proactive. Robb is mostly proactive. That's what makes them so much fun to watch. Sansa... just isn't.

That seems to be a fair criticism actually.

Though I don't know what options she really has at her disposal to go in that direction?

Kak.efes

What does GAF think? Should I purchase season 1 of Game of Thrones now to watch again? And do the same when season 2 is released? Or just wait for the future when the complete boxset is released? I never know what to do because I always want that fancy boxset at the end...

Support the show now to ensure HBO supports the show later.

Support the show now to ensure HBO supports the show later.

This, and he'd be waiting a decade for that fancy box.

Is a decade really worth the wait to rewatch at your leisure? Nope.

That seems to be a fair criticism actually.

Though I don't know what options she really has at her disposal to go in that direction?

She doesn't. Sansa is in a bind, and lack of action is the best she can manage. She's not tough, like Arya, to escape through dirt, sewage, and danger. She's not clever, like Tyrion, to escape by wit, manipulation, or cunning. She's not brave, like Robb, to fight and possibly die.

She's just learning the game, and she's in the heart of her enemy's power. If she becomes tough, clever, and brave, perhaps she could kill one person in the castle, but who? Joffrey earns himself no friends through his vileness and craven ways, Cersei makes the smallfolk her enemy, and everyone else is defended by sword and armor. Joffrey and Cersei are the most likely targets for an assassination; why bother trying to go for them? Everyone else is relatively unimportant so that she can focus them, but they are much more physically able than she is.

Sansa can't do much except be tossed around by court intrigue, and the question is who's fingers close in around her.

She had the option to throw herself off that bridge and take Joffrey with her. Or go with the Hound.

It seems like she has a fair number of options that just fall in her lap and she doesn't take them. So not only is she not proactive, she doesn't take advantage of opportunities that come to her.

Except the ones to sell out her family, of course. She jumps all over those ones.

Sajjaja

She had the option to throw herself off that bridge and take Joffrey with her. Or go with the Hound.

It seems like she has a fair number of options that just fall in her lap and she doesn't take them. So not only is she not proactive, she doesn't take advantage of opportunities that come to her.

Except the ones to sell out her family, of course. She jumps all over those ones.

Hey man.... she was lead to believe that Ned would live, and that's the only reason why she did what she did =/

Also if anyone is interested and wants to read the books while waiting for season 3, the books are on sale at amazon for $20.... that's right, ALL FOUR BOOKS FOR $20!

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/0345529057/

Massa

Are you seriously suggesting she should have grabbed the opportunity to kill herself?

By the time Game of Thrones is done we might not even have physical media anymore. Might as well buy them now.

There is one thing that made me confused.

Sansa being asked by the hound if he can take her back to winterfell.

what happend with that? why didnt she go?

I thought it was clear that she wanted to go in that scene.

Did you see the Hound? He looks scary.

He's also still loyal to the Lannisters, as far as she knows, and she doesn't exactly trust Lannisters either.

She's dumb.

He's an ugly ass killer that boast about how killing people is the sweetest thing there is.

I have no doubt that the hound will be taking her soon, the last episode does not make it easy for sansa to stay in that city... I hope the hound takes her somewhere else.

torontoml

I have no doubt that the hound will be taking her soon, the last episode does not make it easy for sansa to stay in that city... I hope the hound takes her somewhere else.

I would be willing to bet that the hound has already left, to me it seemed like he was leaving at that moment and didn't plan on returning.

Jonm1010

Banned

This is just stupid, killing yourself is proactive now? Not to mention the Hound grabbed her in that scene on the bridge.

As for leaving with the Hound, the writers made it very clear that Sansa and the hound were under the impression stannis's takeover of kings landing was imminent.

Sansa's options were stay in kings landing where you know stannis is moral and has a good relationship with my father and in all likelihood would return her home, or run off with a guy who just got done telling you how much he enjoys killing things and had been a creeper most of the series toward you.

raphier

Banned
I have a feeling that Brotherhood, whatever that is, will be playing bigger role in the future. The way they made a big deal about it couple of times just screams "soon". Dark Brotherhood?

J-Rod

I don't know if going with the hound would have been wise. He made a point to say he didn't give a fuck about saving her or anything for that matter except for killing which comes off as fucking bananas. I dunno if a defenseless and untouched girl would want be alone in the wilderness with him since there is no way to explain his motives of doing anything nice.

It had the potential to be awesome from a viewer's perspective since he is apparently some sort of human meat grinder, but I probably wouldn't have gone either if I was her.

I don't know if going with the hound would have been wise. He made a point to say he didn't give a fuck about saving her or anything for that matter except for killing which comes off as fucking bananas. I dunno if a defenseless and untouched girl would want be alone in the wilderness with him since there is no way to explain his motives of doing anything nice.

It had the potential to be awesome from a viewer's perspective since he is apparently some sort of human meat grinder, but I probably wouldn't have gone either if I was her.

well in the scene where he asks her if she wants to go to winterfell, he is kind of sick of kings landing and the king, I am also getting the feeling that he is afraid that they will kill him for what he did during the fighting.

so by taking Sansa to winterfell he might feel that there is some sort of escape route away from being killed by the king.

gibut

Its been said a bunch in this thread, but for all intent and purposes Sansa thought that Stannis was going to take Kings Landing. She probably felt she would rather take her chances with Stannis than the hound.

Rorschach

Another thing I hate about Sansa is the way she talks. So whiny at the end of her sentence. "But you're doing it wrong."*pout*

She was 14, naive and had a bad case of princess syndrome. She deserves series death because of that? Come on now.

What has she done at all in season 2 that could make her loathed to the point of wanting death for her character? The only thing I can think of is her initial reaction to shaye but given what she had experienced only moments before is fairly understandable. Outside of that she's grown leaps and bounds and has certainly earned at least a degree of sympathy given her circumstance and her only real crimes in life being naive and immature.

I hated Sansa early season 1, but that is not the Sansa that exists anymore.
I said she was on my personal list. You're looking way too much into this. Like I actually want a real person dead or something. I just don't like her or her character and, unlike you, I can hold a grudge from season 1.

And youth has nothing to do with it. Arya is younger. Don't hate her. Bran is younger still. No hate there. It's not about not being active or useful either. Rickon gets no hate from me!

Her scenes weren't even as boring or frustrating as Danny's or Jon's. I just hate the character. ...personally. I don't hope anyone in real life dies. I hope the actress lives just fine. I don't wish death on any 14 year old girls including daughters, sisters, cousins, friends, well wishers, etc that you may or may not have, know, or have known in the past.

Joffrey. Cersei. Ilyn Payne. The Hound.
Remind me what the Hound did that was on the same grudge-worthy level as those other three? I'm sure he did something but I can't remember right now.

I bought books 1-4

yay?
Ya...i'm tempted to read just the first 2 books. But what thread would I post in? I wouldn't post in the no book spoilers thread because I wouldn't be sure my thoughts weren't based on the book. I know some people can do it, but I don't trust myself to keep everything separate in my head. I'm not going to read all the books so I won't be able to safely read the other thread.

Ya...i'm tempted to read just the first 2 books. But what thread would I post in? I wouldn't post in the no book spoilers thread because I wouldn't be sure my thoughts weren't based on the book. I know some people can do it, but I don't trust myself to keep everything separate in my head. I'm not going to read all the books so I won't be able to safely read the other thread.

Either read the full series or not at all. Any slip up in this thread will get you ousted. I'm extra cautious and CAN keep the two separate.

TCRS

Banned

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210654&page=114

A thread for discussing the book with spoiler-tags. There is another thread with no spoiler-tags at all, don't go there.

Kinyou

I could imagine that she has some planes to take revenge on Joffrey, though that would also be weird because she's been sitting there for an eternity doing nothing.

JGS

Banned
She mentioned that Westoros is her home now.

Also, she didn't like being in Winterfell. At first, it was the whole bratty thing, but apparently she does not like Winterfell and prefers Westoros (At least until she realized she was going to be a concubine).

She also doesn't know where Arya is and also understands that she is a part of Robb's battle. Although I think it The Hound's offer seems generous, it would be odd for her to simply leave Westoros at the first opportunity especially at a time that it looked like she would be fine after Joffrey's defeat anyway.

EDIT:
You mean the hound right?
Oops

torontoml

Also, she didn't like being in Winterfell. At first, it was the whole bratty thing, but apparently she does not like Winterfell and prefers Westoros (At least until she realized she was going to be a concubine).

She also doesn't know where Arya is and also understands that she is a part of Robb's battle. Although I think it The Mountain's offer seems generous, it would be odd for her to simply leave Westoros at the first opportunity especially at a time that it looked like she would be fine after Joffrey's defeat anyway.

You mean the hound right?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

She also doesn't know where Arya is and also understands that she is a part of Robb's battle. Although I think it The Hound's offer seems generous, it would be odd for her to simply leave Westoros at the first opportunity especially at a time that it looked like she would be fine after Joffrey's defeat anyway.

EDIT:

Oops
Winterfell (nation) is in Westeros (continent). Do you mean King's Landing?

Anyway, I'm sure she hates it there, but she feels like she has a better chance to stay alive if she sticks around.

JGS

Banned
Winterfell (nation) is in Westeros (continent). Do you mean King's Landing?

Anyway, I'm sure she hates it there, but she feels like she has a better chance to stay alive if she sticks around.
Yes, King's Landing is what I meant.

I agree i think that was the original intent. I also think there are more reasons to stay at this point than to leave.

It's similar to Arya who has the option of improving herself or being obligated to her family - inlcuding Sansa. She just has greater liberty to speak about it

Fuck my life, the Spanish edition of A Dance with Dragons has ENORMOUS SPOILERS right in the cover. Like, FUCK OFF NEW READERS/TV WATCHERS, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.

Jesus Christ. Not even real life is safe anymore.

Any Spanish speaking lurkers, be advised. If you follow the TV show you should not peruse your bookstore.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

santi_yo

Fuck my life, the Spanish edition of A Dance with Dragons has ENORMOUS SPOILERS right in the cover. Like, FUCK OFF NEW READERS/TV WATCHERS, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.

Jesus Christ. Not even real life is safe anymore.

Any Spanish speaking lurkers, be advised. If you follow the TV show you should not peruse your bookstore.

0RlLh.png

I got spoiled today via Twitter. F*ck you, Gigamesh, cabrones.

Flash

I've gotten spoiled a bunch of times already... I can't help my self and look things up only to read or glimpse at things I probably shouldn't :( I don't really care anymore though lol, i'm still enjoying it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom