• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man’s Sky: Beyond PS4 physical edition launches September 10 in North America, September 11 in Europe

Mista

Banned
24440a546cb924f67dcad51115d2a8b3a507c95e.png

Hello Games will release a physical edition of No Man’s Sky: Beyond for PlayStation 4 on September 10 in North America and September 11 in Europe, the developer announced.

Here is an overview of No Man’s Sky: Beyond and the physical edition, via Hello Games:
Launched last week, Beyond is our largest and in some ways most important update. It massively expands multiplayer and increases the capacity for social interactions in a major way. On top of this the whole game is now playable in fully realised VR.

It also delivers a whole load of new features, large and small, which come together with the two other pillars to form what we call No Man’s Sky version 2.0.

Beyond is our attempt to bring all of the strands of No Man’s Sky into a more cohesive whole and to fill in the detail so that, no matter your play style, no matter whether you’re a newcomer or veteran, it is an instantly accessible world and one that makes sense.

It seems only fitting that we should bundle up all of these three years of updates, re-master the game, and re-issue it on a shiny new disc.
Gematsu

Birdo

Banned
Makes sense. It's so far removed from the original disk version.

PD should do this with GT Sport. The current physical version is basically just a download launcher. It needs re-releasing with all updates.

I own it digitally. I'll rebuy this on disc. I platinum'd the vanilla version and enjoyed the heck out of it. The game is so much more complex and expansive now, so I've been afraid to jump back in. :messenger_fearful:

Griffon

The current state of Beyond is a buggy mess, September 11 to ship a functioning version of the game sounds about right.

Top Bottom