• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT| Hello Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Found my first alloy recipe that uses another alloy. I don't have the aronium recipe tho
thumb
also this game isn't helping me hate the open water any less.

Alright so I'm at 48 suit slots, almost at my 48 slot ship and just need to work on my multi tool (currently at 9)

How expensive do the Multi tools get once you get to to 24 max range?

Just need to know how much $$$ to bank for that upgrade path.

I'm glad to get these all done and upgraded and then just focus on upgrades. I hate that upgrades don't transfer. It led me to just max everything so I'm not wasting time upgrading then scrapping then upgrading over and over.

BizzyBum

Is this the first OT to go beyond 20k posts? lol

Also, is anyone else getting more stuttering with the new nvidia drivers? It improved my FPS but I feel my game stutters way more which is weird.

Alright so I'm at 48 suit slots, almost at my 48 slot ship and just need to work on my multi tool (currently at 9)

How expensive do the Multi tools get once you get to to 24 max range?

Just need to know how much $$$ to bank for that upgrade path.

I'm glad to get these all done and upgraded and then just focus on upgrades. I hate that upgrades don't transfer. It led me to just max everything so I'm not wasting time upgrading then scrapping then upgrading over and over.
I've been seeing 24 slot tools for 160k or so, if I remember correctly.

Edit: just came across one for 183,600.

TyrantII

Is it me, or is the last animal on a world tied to time or distance?

I can find them all within 15 min, then the last one takes hours.

Anyone finding them all right away?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
100% on the fourth planet in my starter system. Forget the birds, my nightmare scenario is when the last species is clearly in the ocean.

btw I dunno if this is dumb advice but I've been using my actual mouse on PC to scan birds, helps to get them from further away.

Okay, cross posting from another thread, but maybe I'll get more responses here.

is there some kind of hack or cheat that would just fill up my inventory with every kind of resource?

I've only been following this game since release (It just didn't look that interesting to me from all the press) and I'm fairly bored, so I'd be up for just actually exploring and looking up story bits. But I am NOT going to spend hours of my life shooting rocks to collect minerals.

If there is a way to cut out the busy work of the game and just explore the environments, I might be up for that. Is there anything like that available?

There's a cheat engine table for it.
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=594022

Garuda1One

wait, how do you guys pin an ingredients to craft something ?

i saw in one of the screenshot here that there is a pin option when you want to create something..

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
So I maxed out the suit, and have the sigma, tau, and theta warp drives installed on the ship so I'm going to start exploring these blue star systems. Stuck on a maxed out shitty 13 slot multi tool because I can't seem to come across one that has 20+. One thing I do wish is possible is to mine with the ship when flying around at low altitude.

Just had my first bit of real frustration with the game. I was in a bullshit system (every planet barren, hostile sentinels, space pirates, etc.) so I figured I'd warp on to the next one heading to my first Atlas station. Jump to the next system and spawn into an asteroid which knocks out all my shields, followed by immediately getting attacked by pirates who wrecked me. There was no grave marker when I respawned, so I reloaded my previous save, hopped to a planet I hadn't yet explored in the last system (still barren and shitty), found a manned outpost and when I went in and talked to the Vy'keen guy, the game crashed to desktop. Ugh. Taking a break for a bit, but I can see why people are complaining about stability; everything had been rock solid for me up until that.

lt519

How do you scan birds that move faster , its almost impossible, ?????

Shoot them down.

So I maxed out the suit, and have the sigma, tau, and theta warp drives installed on the ship so I'm going to start exploring these blue star systems. Stuck on a maxed out shitty 13 slot multi tool because I can't seem to come across one that has 20+. One thing I do wish is possible is to mine with the ship when flying around at low altitude.

Good luck, totally different game. I spent all my money on suit slots and mats on ship improvements having not really been challenged by planets. The extreme weather planets are brutal, you really need the weather element upgrades for your suit.

Got a patch on PC. Took forever to load the game afterwards, changed a video setting and had to restart the game (so dumb) and it hard locked my computer when I quit. How the fuck did this game get released in this state?

Garuda1One

where in the hell is antimatter blueprint or anything ? is there something i have done wrong ? this is my second system, have i warped here too early ?

i cannot move to another system since i need warpcell and to craft that, i need antimatter..

i have read everywhere and they say an alien will give the blueprint to you, or a terminal..

Found a Vortex Cube planet.

That's it, I'm rich.

I finally hit a VC planet too. 10 cubes is fetching me 200K. Once I make 2 or 3 runs I can afford a 25 slot Ship. Then it's time to start farming those Atlas Stones.

I'm not sure if it's makes a difference but my VC planet was in a red dot on the Galatcic Map which needs an upgraded Warp Drive.

I was surprised how easy it is to outrun the sentinels on foot. Just keep boosting and they usually can't keep up. I did attract the walking Dog like robot and he was able to smash my shields down pretty quick.

mokeyjoe

I finally hit a VC planet too. 10 cubes is fetching me 200K. Once I make 2 or 3 runs I can afford a 25 slot Ship. Then it's time to start farming those Atlas Stones.

I'm not sure if it's makes a difference but my VC planet was in a red dot on the Galatcic Map which needs an upgraded Warp Drive.

I was surprised how easy it is to outrun the sentinels on foot. Just keep boosting and they usually can't keep up. I did attract the walking Dog like robot and he was able to smash my shields down pretty quick.

Yeah, if you keep moving they don't bother chasing. If I feel like taking on one of those dog things then I'll use grenades. If it doesn't kill them then they fall in the hole.

My VC planet is just a normal yellow star system, and the sentinels don't aggro when I loot the VCs.

This is me every 2 or so minutes:

Quonny

Do upgrades stack? Like if I have the stamina upgrade 1 and build the stamina upgrade 2 can I destroy 1 to free up a slot?

Yes they stack, but they are exponentially stronger, especially the Theta upgrades. For most upgrades I just went with Theta and didn't bother with Sigma and Tau.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Do upgrades stack? Like if I have the stamina upgrade 1 and build the stamina upgrade 2 can I destroy 1 to free up a slot?
They stack and if you place same type next to each other they also get an added bonus. You'll see a colored outline around them in your inventory.

Okay so there are multiple types of upgrades so you have to make sure you are building off the same type? So there are 3 different types of stamina upgrades, for example?

Quonny

Okay so there are multiple types of upgrades so you have to make sure you are building off the same type? So there are 3 different types of stamina upgrades, for example?

There are three tiers to everything.

This is just example math, it's something like:

Sigma = 10% upgrade
Tau = 50% upgrade
Theta = 200% upgrade.

So if you have all three you get 260%. If you put them next to eachother you would get a bonus for a total of like 290%.

I just used Theta for everything except the warp drives and didn't bother stacking or wasting space with any others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom