• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA Announces Pokémon Rumble Blast (3DS) - Oct. 24

ampere

:/

I'm still waiting for a true 3D handheld Pokemon game. Colosseum style graphics, but with no 'shadow Pokemon' stuff

Gameboy415

Veins said:
"Pokémon Rumble Blast delivers instant Pokémon gratification"

Gotta give the kids their Pokemon hit.

Just stick it in my veins!

I liked the WiiWare one quite a bit so I'm looking forward to this one!

Nix

Banned
Gamefreak, I'm not mad. I'm really not mad.

WHAT IS THIS SHIT?!? COME ON MAN, GIVE ME MYSTERY DUNGEON, AT LEAST, NOT THIS WTF POKEMON TOY ALTERNATE UNIVERSE SHIT. WHERE'S THAT MAINLINE GAME HUH? YOU MAKIN' GRAY OR NOT? YOU KNOW WHAT, FORGET IT. THAT'S RIGHT, FORGET YOU.

I wont, so please give me a 3DS mainline pokemon. T_T

[Nintex]

Father_Brain said:
okay, now announce the complete Q3/Q4 lineup
Considering the news regarding Nintendo lately I half expect this to be their line-up.

Reggie: "We've got great content, we've got a great holiday title with Pokemon Rumble Blast, you can check that box! ... while I try to convince NCL that the dollar is not dead :'("

wrowa

Nuclear Muffin said:
It's from Ambrella, you know it's going to be shit. (it's basically the Pokemon Dash of the 3DS)
But Ambrella is a good deve- ... I just realize that I mixed up Ambrella with Arika all the time. Carry on, Pokemon Battle will suck as much as Ambrella sucks. Big time.

Nix said:

WHAT IS THIS SHIT?!? COME ON MAN, GIVE ME MYSTERY DUNGEON, AT LEAST, NOT THIS WTF POKEMON TOY ALTERNATE UNIVERSE SHIT. WHERE'S THAT MAINLINE GAME HUH? YOU MAKIN' GRAY OR NOT? YOU KNOW WHAT, FORGET IT. THAT'S RIGHT, FORGET YOU.

Well, this game isn't developed by GameFreak. GameFreak also isn't the developer of Mystery Dungeon, that is ChunSoft.

if japan is anything to go by, it will be $40.

Just why the fuck Nintendo is so persistent in not actually activating 3DS ware? Kids and their parents can't buy games online?

Gravijah

Nix said:

Game Freak are obviously working on Grey, RSE remakes and Gen VI. They don't have anything to do with the spinoffs, I suppose you can yell at The Pokemon Company for that.

I actually liked the original. The Pokemon selection was somewhat scarce, but it was quite fun. I might pick this one up at launch.

Shiggy said:
The WiiWare demo was boring.

This guy gets it. One of the most repetitive and dull games I've ever played (and I've played all 3 Halo games!)

And yes, I really, REALLY want another PKMN Mystery Dungeon game (I'll never forgive NOA/NOE for not localising PKMN MD 3 for Wii Ware!)

Maybe I'll pick this up, if it turns out to be alright.

Which reminds me, what other non-mainline games on handheld will we probably see this period?

Last time, there was Dash (never again), Trozei, Mystery Dungeon (hopefully there will be more), and Ranger. It seems like MD and Ranger were the standouts, so I'd expect another announcement next year for one of those, along with the eventual(?) remake.

Rarutos

I'll probably pick this up, I liked the original enough, and the fact that it's going to have pretty much more than double the Mons the original had is nice.

Hope they expanded it into something much more than what the WiiWare title was!

Nix

Banned
Gravijah said:
Game Freak are obviously working on Grey, RSE remakes and Gen VI. They don't have anything to do with the spinoffs, I suppose you can yell at The Pokemon Company for that.

Well then, excuse me while I go cry quietly in the corner over there.

I thought the WiiWare game was pretty fun, so yes, I'm excited for this to be coming out so soon.

This would probably also cement me into getting a 3DS at the same time as well.

Ronok

I really don't understand the suggestion that a game targeting a younger audience should be placed on the online store. It's far more suitable for it to get shelf space right where the kids and parents will come face to face with the product.

As for pricing structure, how is that something you can determine from a short youtube video? What is it that determines this games price in your mind?

EDIT: For the record I wouldn't pick it up for £30-40, but I very rarely do any game.

BooJoh

I'm kind of shocked at the overall negative tone of this thread. I've been anxiously awaiting this announcement since I loved the WiiWare version. My main complaints were that you couldn't level up and only had Gen 1 and 4 Pokemon, and this time we have all 600+ so that's one of those things fixed right off.

As long as there are a decent number of levels it'll be well worth the price, and it's already a must-have on my calendar.

This looks kind of neat. Surprisingly neat, actually. Catches my eye, but I doubt I'd pay full price for it. Definitely not going to get a 3DS for it. Heh.

emb

Finally, something gets localized. I was getting kind of worried about this one.

Really looking forward to it. And I'm so glad it's retail too; I was probably gonna skip it if it was digital only. Loved the first game anyway though.

BurntPork

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
This guy gets it. One of the most repetitive and dull games I've ever played (and I've played all 3 Halo games!)

And yes, I really, REALLY want another PKMN Mystery Dungeon game (I'll never forgive NOA/NOE for not localising PKMN MD 3 for Wii Ware!)
Thanks for informing me that my opinion was wrong. I just don't get it, huh? :(

Effect said:
They can't be serious and think anyone will actually buy this? A game created for the 3DS would look like this? If this was a downloadable game then I might buy this and accept how it looks but come on. They are pushing this as a retail product!? This screams DS up-port.

Remember Pokémon Dash?

Me neither.

survivor

Banned
ColtraineGF said:
Well, there was another tiny tidbit in Famitsu, apparently:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/20/new_pokemon/

Summary: Wait until later this year for possible new game announcements (DS/3DS).
I think this is the interesting part of the article

"Ishihara tells Famitsu that Pokemon Co. hopes to continue taking care of DS users, while also showing how far play can be expanded on 3DS."

Maybe they will release Pokemon Grey on DS/3DS with the 3DS version being insanely superior just to make us buy the handheld.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
.....why would I enter the world of toy pokemon, when I could just as easily enter the world of real pokemon?

BurntPork

Banned
PKrockin said:
What the crap is this? You show off those great looking models in the Pokedex 3D and then you deliver THIS?
It's a totally different style of game. Even if the graphics were good, using those models wouldn't make sense and they'd need to make 500 more models for the rest of the Pokemon for what's obviously meant as a cash-in.

PKrockin

BurntPork said:
It's a totally different style of game. Even if the graphics were good, using those models wouldn't make sense and they'd need to make 500 more models for the rest of the Pokemon for what's obviously meant as a cash-in.

I don't expect them to use those models specifically. I expect them to make a game that doesn't look like elephant vomit after they. By releasing Pokedex 3D you're meant to imagine what a 3D Pokemon game could look like. This looks like DSiWare. It's a little insulting.

phillax

Banned
survivor said:
I think this is the interesting part of the article

"Ishihara tells Famitsu that Pokemon Co. hopes to continue taking care of DS users, while also showing how far play can be expanded on 3DS."

Maybe they will release Pokemon Grey on DS/3DS with the 3DS version being insanely superior just to make us buy the handheld.
Remember the first Mystery Dungeon games were released on the GBA and the DS. So, they will probably release something like that and not an entry in the main series.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I might pick this up, as my 3Ds needs some new games, but probably not till Christmas after I get Kirby, Mario, and Skyward Sword.

Never played the original Rumble, so it'll be interesting to play this one.

Truth101 said:
Has it been advertised at all...?

Seen plenty promo stuff at Gamestop, Nintendo don't usually big up titles till release day though.

Got this one pre-ordered because me and the boyfriend rather enjoyed the Wiiware original. Hopefully will pick it up later tomorrow.

Top Bottom