• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA's Wii release list: no sign of Xenoblade or The Last Story

Lard

Banned
Kaijima said:
People are being really immature here. Nintendo hasn't announced everything yet. It is *quite* true that they have and do announce releases over the course of E3, and at their roundtable sessions.

This is not a statement of false hope; NoA *could* abandon the Wii.

But the press conference clearly was for another purpose, whether we like it or not. FFS, they didn't even use it to reveal the new skyward sword trailer. if they saved THAT game for the show floor, and roundtable discussions, do you guys actually they think they'd made an epic reveal of Xenoblade during the conference?

It would have been a nice way for the Wii to go out with a bang.

Macstorm

bobbychalkers said:
Why hasn't anyone asked Reggie directly about it in any press interviews?
They don't answer squat, that's why.

"BS BS blah blah. We know people love it. Blah blah." *doesn't answer question*

Kaijima said:
People are being really immature here. Nintendo hasn't announced everything yet. It is *quite* true that they have and do announce releases over the course of E3, and at their roundtable sessions.

But the press conference clearly was for another purpose, whether we like it or not. FFS, they didn't even use it to reveal the new skyward sword trailer. if they saved THAT game for the show floor, and roundtable discussions, do you guys actually they think they'd made an epic reveal of Xenoblade during the conference?
Can you blame people? NoA has a track record.

ivysaur12

Banned
Judderman said:
Reggie is on GameTrailers right now, flood the #GTE3 twitter tag with questions about their absence.

He just said that there are other games that are coming between now and Skyward Sword.

The Gametrailers guy seemed like he was going to push Reggie a bit, but didn't.

Kaijima said:

This release list has games that weren't at the conference...

Sigh...what to do :/ Really hoping they announce something later. Really want Xenoblade this year in NA...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Kaijima said:

The problem isn't that they didn't show them in the conference (although the total ignorance toward the Wii was absolutely terrible), it's that they don't even appear in their release calendar. Maybe they'll show up early next year or something, but it seems pretty unlikely. Especially for Xenoblade, since that will be over a year and a half old by that point.

Jarmel

Banned
Judderman said:
Reggie is on GameTrailers right now, flood the #GTE3 twitter tag with questions about their absence.

And dodging any meaningful question like a ninja. He pretty much confirmed the garden demo wasn't done by Nintendo.

YuriLowell said:
eh games looked mediocre anyways.
Wow, there are no words for how idiotic this post looks.

Anyway, yeah fuck Nintendo. I mean why would I want to buy any console you have when you can't even support your core games, even though you say you want to.

This news sucks. But what's got me even more worried is what NoA will do going forward with the 3DS and Wii U.

I can see Europe and Japan getting some great games, especially RPGs, while NoA continues to ignore us.

Not good. :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wait, Kirby Wii is this month? 7 years of development, and it didn't even get screen time. Kirby Air Ride part deux.

Edit: Wait, I am reading the list wrong. It comes out in the Fall, date should be above, not below!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lard said:
I was spamming that fucking feed and they ignored it.

Probably because, in the middle of the compound aneurysm meltdown you've been having for the last 20 minutes, you decided that "spamming the fucking feed" was going to get you heard.

Magnus

Games like this are probably small fry to even think about in these interviews. I mean, if Pokemon isn't being mentioned or asked about, what hope did something like Last Story or Xenoblade have?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
140.85 said:
Ugh.

OK GAF. What do I need to do to play these games? PAL versions?

Homebrew Wii is totally region free, then it's just a matter of importing a version in a language you comprehend.

Lard

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Probably because, in the middle of the compound aneurysm meltdown you've been having for the last 20 minutes, you decided that "spamming the fucking feed" was going to get you heard.

Well I had hoped they would get the point and just ask since there was barely a mention of the Wii in the conference.

TheBanditKing said:
Why does this surprise anyone?

Well it doesn't surprise me, but the Wii really needed these games. There hasn't been anything worthwhile since DKCR and that was 7 months ago.

Top Bottom