• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NorCal wildfires still not contained, evacuations ordered - Santa Rosa/Sonoma/Napa

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
Oh shit, how did I not see this thread until today? I'm in SoCal, but I know a bunch of people up in NorCal (including in the Sacramento area).

Are additional resources being brought in to deal with the fires?

samar11

I am planning going to Cali next year in june, one of the places i love to visit is Napa valley. I hope it recovers by then!

louiedog

I can actually see dark blue from the ocean clearly this morning. It's going to get worse later, but it's pretty nice at the moment.

e69ee272ad.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
New fire in Boulder Creek now? Pretty close to Los Gatos. *sigh* No wonder it's smokey today.

Oh, and as I'm typing this there's yet another not listed on the tracker that's right by Dublin, a friend there was telling me.

When will it end?!

xkramz

They should make a Antonov An-225 ( worlds largest airplane) with tons of water to spray over affecteed area. This is all so sad smh poor animals and people losing their homes.

Flambe

They should make a Antonov An-225 ( worlds largest airplane) with tons of water to spray over affecteed area. This is all so sad smh poor animals and people losing their homes.

Might be easier/more efficient to use smaller planes and copters as large bombers need a bigass lake and round trips can be much longer/further than smaller craft who can fill up a lot closer.

Obviously this depends on lake availability in a given location but I believe it's not often enough to justify them in the long run

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Might be easier/more efficient to use smaller planes and copters as large bombers need a bigass lake and round trips can be much longer/further than smaller craft who can fill up a lot closer.

Obviously this depends on lake availability in a given location but I believe it's not often enough to justify them in the long run

Would salt water from the ocean not work well on fires? I'm guessing that it doesn't, but yeah as I've mentioned, we definitely need to upp our preventative measures and emergency services. This year should be a lesson in that.

Spanglo

Neo Member
My parents informed me today that the evacuation for Oakmont was finally lifted. Going to fly up tomorrow to help out.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Our hearts are with all affected by the wildfires in California. God bless our brave First Responders and @FEMA team. We support you!

Phew.

Top Bottom