• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Vita Compatible PSone Games

IMACOMPUTA

All hail Matsuno.

UazvH.jpg

What game is this?

Redownloading all my psone titles, but now I'm a little worried because PJM Deluxe won't extract on my PS3 without a PSP connected and my Vita doesn't see it in content manager. :(

bumpkin

Ugh... I started downloading FFIX on my PS3 roughly four hours ago, and it's only at 84%. Meanwhile every other connected device in my house is getting to/from the web fine. PSN must be getting hammered.

Skyzard

Banned
Welp I just beat all (9) games available for my Vita. I guess I'll go back to not spending money on PSN.

....that was quick?
:p Unless you mean before the update

If I were you guys and had a friend who had a PS3 I'd ask just to go round and setup a temporary account to transfer some games instead of waiting a few months for SCEA to get it together. Only friends you trust of course, might be a pain entering payment info otherwise :p

biocat

Here's some games I got working on my Vita, although they're obviously not from the US PSN store.

Zanac x Zanac
SOTN
Osaka
Culdcept
Star Gladiator
Langrisser I & II
Langrisser IV & V
Front Mission 1st
Brave Fencer Musashi
Einhander
FF7
Rakugaki Showtime
Gunners Heaven
Saga Frontier 2
Policenauts
KOF98
Alundra
Vagrant Story
Xenogears
Arc the Lad II

There are others I have yet to try I have on my account, but I kind of ran out of time and space on my Vita.

KalBalboa

Banned
Here's some games I got working on my Vita, although they're obviously not from the US PSN store.

Zanac x Zanac
SOTN
Osaka
Culdcept
Star Gladiator
Langrisser I & II
Langrisser IV & V
Front Mission 1st
Brave Fencer Musashi
Einhander
FF7
Rakugaki Showtime
Gunners Heaven
Saga Frontier 2
Policenauts
KOF98
Alundra
Vagrant Story
Xenogears
Arc the Lad II

There are others I have yet to try I have on my account, but I kind of ran out of time and space on my Vita.

I'm conflicted on the idea of adding non-NA account games, but these are still worthy finds. If any are from SCEE you should chime in the Europe compatibility thread.

Raine

I wonder how many people actually are concerned that they have a vita and are very upset because they planned on playing lots of PS1 games on it and they haven't come out in the time they expected...

...and how many people don't have a Vita, don't care and weren't going to buy one regardless, but are just jumping into the dogpile because they like thrashing companies for marketing missteps at every possible opportunity.

Some of the complaints are shockingly minor. How on earth did this discussion get to 17 pages? Mountain out of a molehill if I've ever seen one.

Ehh to be fair, this thread isn't really about the complaining. This is 17 pages because people are constantly updating with games that work/don't work and requests lol.

This is the thread you're looking for: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488785

KalBalboa

Banned
Ehh to be fair, this thread isn't really about the complaining. This is 17 pages because people are constantly updating with games that work/don't work and requests lol.

This is the thread you're looking for: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488785

Much thanks for that.

I'm working on a tutorial right now for transferring games from a NA PS3 to a Vita. My camera is pretty shitty, but I think it'll get the job done. If anyone with a solid DSLR or ability to screen-cap a PS3 wants to help I'd certainly appreciate the help!

bumpkin

Hmm, so possibly very dumb question here... Is there any way to get the FFXI save from my PSP onto my Vita? I plugged the memory stick into my PS3 and copied them onto the (PS3) system, but I can't find them anywhere when I navigate the Content Manger through my Vita (when it's connected). :(

8byte

Banned
Super pleased with how well FFIX holds up! If you haven't played this yet, then you need to get to it! Quite possibly one of the best (definitely among the best on PSX at least) Final Fantasy titles ever released.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm saving IX for later when I really want to play it again.

Replayed the first disc of VII (kept restarting after long breaks to get back into the story..) too many times to be honest but I'm skeptical of trying VIII...as I've always been (untouched copy).

Does it still have some of the charm that VII and IX had? (The music, visuals and situations/story). The emo-ish look from the images/trailers I've seen doesn't appeal to me like VII and IX did. Am I wrong about it? Or should I just get on with VII.. decisions decisions..fwp
Would appreciate any input from fans of ff who've played VIII as well.

biocat

I'm saving IX for later when I really want to play it again.

Replayed the first disc of VII (kept restarting after long breaks to get back into the story..) too many times to be honest but I'm skeptical of trying VIII...as I've always been (untouched copy).

Does it still have some of the charm that VII and IX had? (The music, visuals and situations/story). The emo-ish look from the images/trailers I've seen doesn't appeal to me like VII and IX did. Am I wrong about it? Or should I just get on with VII.. decisions decisions..fwp
Would appreciate any input from fans of ff who've played VIII as well.

It's not like those two. It closer resembles X in style and gameplay.

Skyzard

Banned
It's not like those two. It closer resembles X in style and gameplay.

Sorry was watching some CGRundertow vids to decide which crash bandicoot to start off with. The first one lol. It's harder but I'm more familiar with it so the added nostalgia would be nice. Then I get to enjoy the upgrades of the later ones...anyway!!

Thanks for the reply, I'm leaning more towards VII now but I did enjoy X.
That was still pretty colourful and light-hearted (from what I remember of it anyway!)..plus that fantastic soundtrack..Is VIII a lot darker than X?

Transferred MGS to the Vita. Too bad I can't start it tonight since I have to read for class!

I've got MGS at the ready but I just got dual-fed MGS2&3 quite recently on vita..was thinking I'd want to hold off for a while and perhaps play them all through again when I start to miss it again...Btw MGS2&3 are great on vita if any of you didn't already know!

CLEEK

The L2/R2 buttons mapped to the touch pad killed any enjoyment of MGS for me today. The weapons and item menus just randomly opened and closed whenever I held the Vita normally and my fingers pressed against the rear touch.

Until Sony fix this stupidity and disable the rear touchpad, I've got a bunch of unplayable PSone games. I have a half completed save file imported from my PSP. Having L2/R2 mapped to the analogue stick worked well, so the touch pad is completely redundant.

Skyzard

Banned
Having a grip for the vita really helps avoid the basic want to rest your hand on the rear touch pad to prevent cramping.

Of course I'd love if they add to the PS1 emulator so it has the nice features of the PSP too...perhaps customisable rear touch too. I'd love to map to either analogue stick as well...wipeout would play much better....since you control the pitch a lot more in the older ones.

patsu

Having a grip for the vita really helps avoid the basic want to rest your hand on the rear touch pad to prevent cramping.

Of course I'd love if they add to the PS1 emulator so it has the nice features of the PSP too...perhaps customisable rear touch too. I'd love to map to either analogue stick as well...wipeout would play much better....since you control the pitch a lot more in the older ones.

Yes, a grip helps to avoid rear touch accidents. ^_^

Does Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver still hold up? I just realized I never got around to playing it back in the day and know nothing about it. I think I am going to buy that and Klonoa.

Because it seems to have been ignored before (I don't blame anyone because of the constant posts at the time): The North American version of Reel Fishing II works perfectly.

Jawmuncher

Because it seems to have been ignored before (I don't blame anyone because of the constant posts at the time): The North American version of Reel Fishing II works perfectly.

I think everyone ignored it because the majority of gaf probably has never played a fishing game. However I appreciate your input.

Does legacy of kain still hold up? I always wanted to play it but if it feels broken by today's standards I won't bother.

Edit: also where is the default R2 and L2? Playing SOTN and if I go to custom controls it won't let me set those buttons.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Does legacy of kain still hold up? I always wanted to play it but if it feels broken by today's standards I won't bother.

Edit: also where is the default R2 and L2? Playing SOTN and if I go to custom controls it won't let me set those buttons.
By Legacy of Kain are you referring to Soul Reaver or Blood Omen (the first game)?

I don't think either of them hold up particularly well, to be honest. Soul Reaver was at least a technical feat for the PSX while Blood Omen was a piece of shit on that front (still a good game, though).

By Legacy of Kain are you referring to Soul Reaver or Blood Omen (the first game)?

I don't think either of them hold up particularly well, to be honest. Soul Reaver was at least a technical feat for the PSX while Blood Omen was a piece of shit on that front (still a good game, though).

Meant Soul Reaver. Anyone else recently played it?

I picked up FFV-IX on the PSN sale in March. I had already played V on the PS3, so loading ain't no thang.

But VII is looking better than I remember. Pretty excited to get through them all.

bumpkin

The L2/R2 buttons mapped to the touch pad killed any enjoyment of MGS for me today. The weapons and item menus just randomly opened and closed whenever I held the Vita normally and my fingers pressed against the rear touch.

Until Sony fix this stupidity and disable the rear touchpad, I've got a bunch of unplayable PSone games. I have a half completed save file imported from my PSP. Having L2/R2 mapped to the analogue stick worked well, so the touch pad is completely redundant.
Possibly dumb question, but I assume you're talking about a PSOne Classics game save. How did you get it onto your Vita? I tried to use the instructions linked below, but it didn't work; I don't see the save data when I browse via the "Copy from PC to Vita".

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/52313/how-can-i-move-my-psp-game-saves-onto-my-ps-vita

I copied my PSP's memory stick contents in their entirety and then copied the folder of the save file(s) I wanted into the local folder created by the Content Manager App. I'm using it on a Mac, so I'm not sure if maybe Mac OS put one of those ".DS Store" files it writes in and it's fucking it up or something. :-/

KalBalboa

Banned
I picked up FFV-IX on the PSN sale in March. I had already played V on the PS3, so loading ain't no thang.

But VII is looking better than I remember. Pretty excited to get through them all.

VIII is looking better than I remember. The last time I played it was on a 40" HDTV, so the pixel density and oled are helping.

e_i

I have compatable PS1 games on my PS3, but when I plug in my Vita and go to Playstation applications, it shows nothing. Do I have to delete the games from my PSP because the games can only be on two devices at once?

KalBalboa

Banned
I have compatable PS1 games on my PS3, but when I plug in my Vita and go to Playstation applications, it shows nothing. Do I have to delete the games from my PSP because the games can only be on two devices at once?

You get two mobile and two PS3 activations too. Do you have the game bubbles on your PS3, like in the tutorial?

Tizoc

Wait hold up I can transfer PSX games from any of my PS3 accounts to the Vita?
I have a couple of games on my EU account, can I transfer those?

Wait hold up I can transfer PSX games from any of my PS3 accounts to the Vita?
I have a couple of games on my EU account, can I transfer those?

Not 100% sure myself but I think because of the new firmware that blocks multiple account usage on one memory card it is possible still but you would need a second memory card for the EU account. Or you have to keep reformatting and losing data when you switch.

I might be completely wrong though. I did try to sign in to my NA account and it brought up an error saying the Vita was tied to another JP account.

Top Bottom