• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Vita Compatible PSone Games

Tizoc

Anyone know of Dragon Warrior 7 (DQ7) psx works?

Dragon Quest 7 is not on JP PSN last I checked.

BTW this game is releasing soon on US PSN as ESRB rated it recently
Ms._Pac-Man_Maze_Madness_Coverart.png

KalBalboa

Banned
With Mega Man clocking in at 251 MB, I wonder:

Would it be worth researching each PS1 game's file size and listing it alongside its name on the first page? It'd take some time, but would that be worth it for the people who read this thread?

With Mega Man clocking in at 251 MB, I wonder:

Would it be worth researching each PS1 game's file size and listing it alongside its name on the first page? It'd take some time, but would that be worth it for the people who read this thread?

It'd be a big task for sure, but I'd certainly appreciate it. I only have a 8GB card dedicated to my U.S. account - knowing the file sizes would help me manage the space better. Right now, I have everything on my PS3, so I can transfer it over.

KalBalboa

Banned
Couple of updates:

• It seems like Vita owners are going to need to remain space-conscious for the foreseeable future, so I'll go through when I've got spare time to add various game sizes. If you have a game to add to the list let me know the file size, if possible.
  • Direct links to the US PSN Store are going up, too. I'll comb through them when possible and add them as time goes along. Seems like a duh thing to have now that I think of it.
  • A bunch of less-known titles are being added to the list, like All Star Slammin' D-Ball and some other forgotten gems.

Starfighter Sanvein is actually a fantastic game. I bought the physical version way back when it first came out. It's developed by Success (they make awesome arcade-like budget games including Cotton Original).

Tizoc

Starfighter Sanvein is actually a fantastic game. I bought the physical version way back when it first came out. It's developed by Success (they make awesome arcade-like budget games including Cotton Original).

It's got irritating slowdown sadly, which is more the game than the Emulator I think.

I actually mistook that one for this game
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...sic)/cid=UP9000-NPUJ01308_00-0000000000000001

^Anyone know if it is Vita compatible? I wanna get thi one :/

epistaxis_

Neo Member
I know, I'm sorry for the overreaction. Just one of those things I feel compelled to bring up every time a thread like this gets bumped.

Thank you for your patience.

It seems really weird that Spyro (Insomniac) and Crash (Naughty Dog) would have licensing issues, seeing how they are primarily Sony 2nd parties. I'm more apt to think the lack of official support is Sony's bungling then anything else, similar to how sparse the Nintendo e-shop is for the 3DS and Wii-u.

KalBalboa

Banned
It seems really weird that Spyro (Insomniac) and Crash (Naughty Dog) would have licensing issues, seeing how they are primarily Sony 2nd parties. I'm more apt to think the lack of official support is Sony's bungling then anything else, similar to how sparse the Nintendo e-shop is for the 3DS and Wii-u.

Maybe it comes down to Activision knowing Sony has more to gain in this situation than Nintendo.

CHC

So if I ditched my PS3 and I have Metal Gear Solid 1 on my Vita.... I better make damn sure not to delete it, right?

ecurbj

Yeah... it's a real bummer of a situation.
It is. I agree. All because of their past acquisitions. And it so happen to fall in their lap and have yet to do anything with the IP. I remember how upset I was when a question was asked to Shuhei Yoshida if they could do something with the franchise and Yoshida said it's all up to what Activision wants to do with the series. Honestly Activision doesn't deserve the franchise but it's nothing he can do :(

Tizoc

Whoa, didn't realize Activision owned both properties. Thought they just bought the Spyro/Skylanders franchise.

Correct, Acti owns both series, but hardly does anything with it, one wonders why they hold on to it unless it's somehow still showing as a positive in their annual reports or some shit.

Sadly no neither crash nor spyro games can be played on us vita accounts atm
I wish they'd have another "accidental" glitch that makes those available in the US for a day or two.

Last time that happened I managed to get Spyro 1 on my Vita (where it it still is), but they fixed it before I could get any others. I REALLY wanted Crash Team Racing on my Vita. :(

catmincer

I wish they'd have another "accidental" glitch that makes those available in the US for a day or two.

Last time that happened I managed to get Spyro 1 on my Vita (where it it still is), but they fixed it before I could get any others. I REALLY wanted Crash Team Racing on my Vita. :(

It's so bizarre how it works in pal regions I have ctr and warped on my vita TV

Varg

Banned
Every time I get motivated to order and get a vita something always comes up to scare me away. I can't believe crisis core and the crash games are still not on there . I also have to buy a PS3 just to get legend of dragoon working too? Oh sony....

Edgeward

Every time I get motivated to order and get a vita something always comes up to scare me away. I can't believe crisis core and the crash games are still not on there . I also have to buy a PS3 just to get legend of dragoon working too? Oh sony....

Well for Crisis Core, that's a Square thing because it wasn't even available digitally for PSP.

Varg

Banned
Well for Crisis Core, that's a Square thing because it wasn't even available digitally for PSP.

I hope that one day that changes. My father has an old PS3 slim lying around I believe in his closet . I guess I'll pull the trigger soon and get a vita

Top Bottom