• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North Korea says ready to strike U.S. aircraft carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maedre

Banned
Isn't a conflict against North Korea basically inevitable sooner or later?

The way North Korea is run and led its only a matter of time. I guess a conflict now is better then a conflict in the future where they develop god knows what.

Why? Is there any plausible way why there should be an conflict? Does anybody really think that NK will send a nuke to another continent? The whole NK vs. US scenario is just bragging on both sides. One one can gain anything from this bullshit conflict.

Nobody wants a war. Theres nothing to gain from it. Imagine the shitshow that a destabilized North Korea will be. We're already dealing with a nightmare in the Middle East. America or for that matter China and South Korea do not want a war in their backyard.

Nobody wants a war. Theres nothing to gain from it. Imagine the shitshow that a destabilized North Korea will be. We're already dealing with a nightmare in the Middle East. America or for that matter China and South Korea do not want a war in their backyard.

Theres lots to gain from war. Thats an entirely inaccurate statement.

Jedi2016

North Korea says a lot of stuff.

And aircraft carriers are notoriously difficult to sink even for militaries with far more advanced tech than NK has.

It's a completely meaningless and empty threat, just like everything else they say.

And aircraft carriers are notoriously difficult to sink even for militaries with far more advanced tech than NK has.

It's a completely meaningless and empty threat, just like everything else they say.

They also do a lot of stuff, like execute people with anti aircraft guns and assassinate with a banned chemical weapon in a busy airport in broad daylight.

I hate that war is a good possibility, but damn they don't give a fuck about sanctions, it only hurts the people of the country not the leadership.

And Kim Jong Un is a madman who can't be allowed to control nuclear weapons strapped to ICBMs. I honestly have no clue what the right action is.

Well, aircraft carriers just wouldn't enter any area with a signifcant threat level. That's the entire purpose of anti-denial weapons. The carrier battle group which was supposed to move to Korea didn't actually do anything but was busy losing a F/A-18 around the Philippines.

pr0cs

All this North Korea and USA war mongering is all nonsense. Everyone here in Korea is chill af. .
That is NOT what we want to read, especially when Trump is president. I only want to read negative posts when Trump is in power. Thanks!

The difference is Kim has to do this shit in order to keep the hysteria flowing in North Korea.

We're just getting hysterical because it provides better ratings in news channels.

The free world is turning into some fucked up shit.

highrider

Banned
This is just further confirmation that these cats have to be dealt with. I just would prefer it wasn't the United States instigating it. Wait until you have a real reason and they become a real threat.

Kyzer

Banned
It's almost as if they desperately want a war with the US. Hmm... now why would that be?

North Korea has been saying shit like this since before I was born

Or maybe theres a nicolas cage style conspiracy theory you can figure out from the comfort of your home idk!

pestul

Here's how I think it will play out:

1. North Korea will develop fully functioning nukes.

2. North Korea will gradually liberalise (this is a process already underway).

3. Before there's a chance to lift sanctions NK sells functioning warheads to rogue nations and terrorist groups
That's how it might also pan out with inaction.

Cake Boss

Banned
giphy.gif

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

North Korea has been saying shit like this since before I was born

Or maybe theres a nicolas cage style conspiracy theory you can figure out from the comfort of your home idk!
Oh I know but it feels like they have intensified the provocations recently.

He's just calling America's bluff. I do wonder who's more of an idiot and would engage first though just for sake of Saving face and not backing if it makes them look weak.

+Aliken+

I urge everyone to consider that there just might be some North Koreans that would love to be freed and would love for this to happen in a peaceful way without useless deaths.

Parch

They know that, but they're still going to say it.
They make it sound like a carrier is just sitting there waiting to be sunk with one shot. They know that it's a carrier group with a bunch of defensive support ships. There is basically zero chance NK will get even close to sinking it, but you know. They have to say what they have to say.

PixlNinja

Banned
I'm starting to think that North Korea couldn't even do shit to Seoul if the USA and its allies struck first.

The posturing here is that of a dog who bit off more than it knows its bite can actually chew.

Condom

Isn't a conflict against North Korea basically inevitable sooner or later?

The way the United States are run and led its only a matter of time. I guess a conflict now is better then a conflict in the future where they develop god knows what.

fixed

NK had a few crazy things when it comes to foreign policies like bombing that SK (?) island a few years ago and kidnapping people, the US however has a proven track record of waving their dick around the world. If there is a war then it is statistically more likely to have the US as aggressor.

If the current NK regime will collapse it will come from the inside with help from China. NKs aren't stupid and a system based on 1 family can't possibly survive much longer without tons of money like in SA.

Sapiens

Just Sabre-rattling. One bad move from NK and it will be dismantled piece by piece, obliterated, levelled and recycled into cell phone minerals - Even with Doland Crump in power.

I doubt they will do anything. They know if they attack that North Korea is toast. The same will be true for south korea, but I doubt that a dictator will want to let go of his power.

TaterTots

Banned
I can't think of one year when NK did not threaten to blow shit up. From my understanding NK will have nuclear capabilities by the end of Trumps first term. That does irk me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
First rule of war: you don't announce your plans for war.

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
A cruise missile isn't going to hit a US carrier. They're fast and long range. Even our missiles would have difficulty

Really they're at the top of the military/navy in dominance. But whenever fighters and bombers are able to enenter exit space they'll be swiftly obsolete.

Send in Rogen and Franco

Ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July

'Cause baby, you're a firework
Come on show them what you're worth
Make them go, "Oh, oh, oh"
As you shoot across the sky

Baby, you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
Make them go, "Oh, oh, oh"
You're gonna leave them all in awe

entremet

This is just further confirmation that these cats have to be dealt with. I just would prefer it wasn't the United States instigating it. Wait until you have a real reason and they become a real threat.

They definitely do. I'm getting tired of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom