• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norwegian ‘Fatherland first’-group mistakes empty bus seats of Burqas

Dingens

I'm not sure what else there is to say really...

A Norwegian anti-immigrant group has been roundly ridiculed after members mistook a photograph of six empty Oslo bus seats posted on its Facebook page for a group of women wearing burqas.

the picture in question:
617cvu25.jpg

Other members of the 13,000-strong group wondered whether the non-existent passengers might be carrying bombs or weapons beneath their clothes. ”This looks really scary," wrote one. ”Should be banned. You can't tell who's underneath. Could be terrorists."

Further comments read: ”Ghastly. This should never happen," ”Get them out of our country – frightening times we are living in," and: ”I thought it would be like this in the year 2050, but it is happening now," according to thelocal.no.

full story
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...istaken-burqas-anti-immigrant-group-norwegian

I think one of people cited in the article said it the best:
[...] So much hatred against empty bus seats certainly shows that prejudice wins out over wisdom [...]. people plainly ”see what they want to see – and what these people want to see are dangerous Muslims".

truely dark times

hate me like an empty bus seat if old

edit could a mod please edit the title? -_- for some reason the "for" turned into an "of"

Corpsepyre

Banned
Lollll. Shittt. From that photo up there in the OP, the seats really do look like burqas though.

...OR MAYBE THATS WHAT MY MIND TELLS ME TO THINK?!

pwack

I have no idea how to post a Twitter image, but check out this: a writer for a neo-conservative/alt-right US "publication" posted a pic of three brown people protesting at Mt. Rushmore, and said "They break into our country, steal resources, then do shit like this. And libs still wonder why we are pushing for immigration controls..." Only problem is the brown folks are Native Americans (Sioux, I believe). Fucking idiots.

https://twitter.com/lucianwintrich/status/891445109929246720

Edit -- the idiot/asshole is question has White House press credentials. This fucking country.

NoName999

These poor souls.

Their economic anxiety condition made them see bus seats as Muslims. We should reach out to these guys if we only calmly explain to them why Muslims aren't going to kill them on buses.

jiiikoo

Banned
In Finland, there was a man who ran over people with his brand new Jaguar car, and he killed a woman. Of course the news spread fast and one of these "close the borders / Finland First" FB groups had their combined panties in a bunch and were saying all sorts of racist shit about what had happened. The guy who ran over the people was a member of said group. That shut them up quite fast. Bunch of morons the lot of em.

He was also someone with a long history of mental illness, only recently released from hospitalization.

True.

Drazgul

In Finland, there was a man who ran over people with his brand new Jaguar car, and he killed a woman. Of course the news spread fast and one of these "close the borders / Finland First" FB groups had their combined panties in a bunch and were saying all sorts of racist shit about what had happened. The guy who ran over the people was a member of said group. That shut them up quite fast. Bunch of morons the lot of em.

He was also someone with a long history of mental illness, only recently released from hospitalization.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Wow LOL
I have no idea how to post a Twitter image, but check out this: a writer for a neo-conservative/alt-right US "publication" posted a pic of three brown people protesting at Mt. Rushmore, and said "They break into our country, steal resources, then do shit like this. And libs still wonder why we are pushing for immigration controls..." Only problem is the brown folks are Native Americans (Sioux, I believe). Fucking idiots.

https://twitter.com/lucianwintrich/status/891445109929246720

Edit -- the idiot/asshole is question has White House press credentials. This fucking country.

Woooooow

Top Bottom