• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not to be outdone, Mary Jane becomes every superhero in new Marvel variants for June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Punisher one looks to be a remake of this one, maybe?

Firstappearance.png
Yes, his 1st appearance.

This one's not part of the variant series, but an actual cover and story for RYV in June.

voZaKnU.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #8

GERRY CONWAY (w) • RYAN STEGMAN (a/C)
Variant Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN

Mary Jane Watson-Parker has been saving the day as Spinneret, but at the cost of some of her husband’s powers. So she’s going to try something new… That’s right, MARY JANE VENOM. It’s on!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Well, that will be interesting. Though their last encounter (that I'm aware of) didn't go so well. I don't think this will be canon to the post-Secret Wars RYV universe, though. Which is good, because I really doubt that Eddie Venom would ever harm a baby...

Looks like her look will be more unique than

Sooo, was this a not-so-subtle attempt at trying to get people to dislike MJ by having her "hog the spotlight", or something? Because I think it backfired.

error4041

Sooo, was this a not-so-subtle attempt at trying to get people to dislike MJ by having her "hog the spotlight", or something? Because I think it backfired.

Not really, it's more likely that Marvel was looking for a mash-up theme to make variants out of. given that they keep there sales number up by making lots of variants.

They could also hoping that one of the variants will be popular enough to make a miniseries or ongoing about. Like with Gwenpool.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Something tells me that the artists want mj and peter but the people upstairs keeps telling them no

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Something tells me that the artists want mj and peter but the people upstairs keeps telling them no

The main Spider-man writer kept trying to put them back together until editorial sent her off to the Iron Man book. He's basically come out and said it's all on editorial and not the writers/artists.

Ahasverus

All this tells me is that comic book characters don't really have faces, as in, personal features, but they're defined by their hair color. I see 20 different women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom