• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that "The Crew 2" has been announced...

kadotsu

Banned
I would like amphibious vehicles. That way you can explore the map more thoroughly. They should also add a photo mode. Maybe you could even do missions where you need to photograph certain landmarks and characters. It would also be nice if there were on foot portions instead of menus to raise immersion. Maybe make the whole open world explorable on foot and go for a complete story campaign. Go full urban fantasy with talking animals and shit.

I would like amphibious vehicles. That way you can explore the map more thoroughly. They should also add a photo mode. Maybe you could even do missions where you need to photograph certain landmarks and characters. It would also be nice if there were on foot portions instead of menus to raise immersion. Maybe make the whole open world explorable on foot and go for a complete story campaign. Go full urban fantasy with talking animals and shit.

One of my biggest frustrations with the first installment was that you had a limited view from your driver's seat. I want to be able to get a 360 Degree view of my surroundings.

Krosia

Unfuck the controls and driving physics and I am in. If they are still garbage I have no interest, not even for free.

The problem for The Crew 2 is that it has to compete with Forza Horizon series, and Forza was already miles away with FH2.

Really don't understand why arcade racer these days means fucked up driving, Need for Speed pulled the same shit. Make it easy and simple, not bad.

antitrop

Don't try to shoehorn in some stupid plot no one cares about with Troy Baker. Or if they absolutely have to, at least try to make it ironically enjoyable like NFS2015's awful FMV was.

Caayn

Remove the rubber banding and make it offline playable as well.

I enjoyed The Crew 1, but the rubber banding drove me insane. The graphical update they added in a later patch was a welcome change.

I didn't get into TC until just before Calling All Units came out, but I had a blast with it. Looking forward to Ubi's E3, now. Gimme dem bullshots.

WAY better car handling/physics. I've been able to get used to (and end up enjoying) a large variety of racing games over the years (everything except the sims), but I've never been able to get more than a few hours into The Crew because I just didn't have fun with the actual racing. The Crew 2 announcement has got me considering redownloading it on PC and giving it yet another shot. Maybe I'll be able to get far enough that it'll click with me.

And a massive graphical upgrade is pretty much a given. The Crew was one of the most mediocre current gen racing games out there, even taking into account its huge world.
The problem for The Crew 2 is that it has to compete with Forza Horizon series, and Forza was already miles away with FH2.

Really don't understand why arcade racer these days means fucked up driving, Need for Speed pulled the same shit. Make it easy and simple, not bad.
Yeah, I just want a racing game that controls similarly to Burnout 2/3/Revenge/Paradise. It doesn't even need the takedowns (since that's Burnout's thing), but just make the cars feel fast and super fun to drive and drift around corners with ease.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Europe, but I don't know how easy it would be. The game's premise is so daunting as is.

I'd rather they focus area-wise and flesh out a bit in a new region (perhaps not all of Europe, but say, Italy), but extending to Canada (my home!) would be great, as it'd offer a ton of new types of terrain.

Really, they could get by on re-doing the whole of the US with greater fidelity and I'd be in. Would be interesting if they had a model where they could continually keep updating the landscapes and cities, or plopping down new cities with updates.

Driving physics that don't feel like they came from Test Drive Unlimited in 2006.
This and a more straighforward, less RPG-esque upgrade system and the franchise has a ton of potential.

That said, I'm pretty excited. The game has a lot of flaws, yes (and seemingly a lot of gamers are pretty intolerant of B-games nowadays), but its pretty much the GOAT game for exploration and discovering little and big things as you drive. There is a sense of wonder that only The Crew has captured.

Fox Mulder

Less story.

I tried the crew when it was free on Xbox, but fell off after cutscenes and shit I didn't care about.

I loved TDU and don't even recall what the story was about. You just had a huge area to discover and race in with a story that didn't get in the way.

Disxo

They added photo mode later...and it was glorious.

Improved handling and more circuit races and I'm in. Though to be honest, I'm probably in regardless. For as janky as it could be at times, I loved my time with The Crew.

jett

D-Member
They need to really change how the driving feels in this game. I spent more time waiting for the game to download than I did actually playing it (it was free on uplay).

Europe, but I don't know how easy it would be. The game's premise is so daunting as is.

I'd rather they focus area-wise and flesh out a bit in a new region (perhaps not all of Europe, but say, Italy), but extending to Canada (my home!) would be great, as it'd offer a ton of new types of terrain.

Really, they could get by on re-doing the whole of the US with greater fidelity and I'd be in. Would be interesting if they had a model where they could continually keep updating the landscapes and cities, or plopping down new cities with updates.

This and a more straighforward, less RPG-esque upgrade system and the franchise has a ton of potential.

That said, I'm pretty excited. The game has a lot of flaws, yes (and seemingly a lot of gamers are pretty intolerant of B-games nowadays), but its pretty much the GOAT game for exploration and discovering little and big things as you drive. There is a sense of wonder that only The Crew has captured.

I'm Canadian too and I would love Canada, but then I was thinking about how that would be in practise. Can you imagine driving from let's say Ottawa, north all the way to Winnipeg? It's like 2000km of nothing and it would be like that all over the map :D

U2NUMB

The handling gets way better as you upgrade the cars.

I agree but that was also why this game was a tough sell and turned so many people off. I had to have a summit with every friend I got to buy the game to help level them up otherwise every one just shit on the controls.. It is very odd for a racing game to level like an MMO character and I do not think they did a good job with explaining what the system was.

So they need a better initial feel for the game.. I loved the game but I admit it took me 3 or 4 times before I pushed through and figured out how it worked.

Auctopus

- Better handling physics.
- Stop the scripted AI movement that's sole purpose is to fuck you up. E.g. a truck reversing out of every alley in NYC.
- RUBBERBANDING

As for region, I don't think they should do USA. The problem is, the country works so well due to its varied environment. I suppose they could try mainland Europe? But they'd have to pick a country as a condensed Europe would be pretty weird to say the least.

drotahorror

I loved TDU and don't even recall what the story was about. You just had a huge area to discover and race in with a story that didn't get in the way.

The story didn't get in the way of The Crew. You could skip the cutscenes. You must have really missed the point of the game if you thought it was mainly story based.

JCH!

I guess I am one of the weirdos that liked The Crew, though I only got into it post Calling All Units...

mazillion

Why does everyone hate the driving physics? I tried the game out for the first time this year and I found the handling to be very fun to play. I always felt like I was in control.

flkraven

Why does everyone hate the driving physics? I tried the game out for the first time this year and I found the handling to be very fun to play. I always felt like I was in control.

People played it thinking it was a replacement for Forza, which isn't the case. The Crew is far closer to an MMO RPG than to Forza. It racing, yes, but you need to level up and get 'gear' in order to get better.

Top Bottom