• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nurse at Naval Hospital Taking Racist Photos with Newborns

it's not racist to call them mini satans if she's just pissed about babies in general, not because they are black. unless i've missed something, the race angle isn't mentioned in the linked stories.

Hmm, I find the video funny. But I also would understand why some people would me upset over it. However, my daughter is 10 months old and I've used her like a puppet to dance to all sorts of music.

lol..Even here. And one has a child..

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I don't understand the disconnect. How people can believe these women are shit. How they can believe they are vile for putting a newborns life in danger. How they can believe they are shitty people for flipping them off and calling them little satans. How they can shake their heads in disbelief as they dance these newborns to 50 cent. Though, when it comes to accepting the fact that these 2 shit stains might be racist, some people can't fathom it.

Wake the fuck up.

Them being racist and showing it in these videos is not readily apparent. Everyone here is jumping to conclusions...

I think you may have never seen a new new born baby.
Click spoiler for a 'white' baby picture
baby-just-born-picture-id496356304

Look, I'm going to be honest with you.

Given your history of downplaying racism in damn near every relevant thread, I don't take you seriously at all. I just don't have you on ignore because I don't put anyone on ignore.

You could have at least tried to find a picture that kind of looked like the baby in the video.

Racists don't care about age.

Racist teachers will gladly talk down and punish 4 year old black/brown kids more often, and more harshly than whites kids. Or not teach them as effectively etc.

Disgusting but not surprised it reaches newborns too.
Remember that daycare worker who kicked the little black toddler down the stairs. That's the last one i remember but there's been many incidents.

But American white supremacists are just dumb and not dangerous like those Nazis. You can tell cuz one has uniforms and the other looks like your neighbor.

Yup, going by the:

They're done for. Dishonorable discharge is basically like not existing in the US. Plus whatever UCMJ law they throw at them. They *shouldn't* be able to get a job nearly anywhere with a Dishonorable on their record. I would imagine any civil suit against them should be fairly easy to win with the Dishonorable on their record.

Definitely up there with worst things I've seen though. I want to think people wouldn't do that to a newborn (or anyone), but here it is.

They are fucked. Dishonorable discharge is that bad.

It's tied to your SSN and record. You do not exist anymore like you said.

kmfdmpig

These ain't civilians, not only will they Article 15 their asses, i would not be surprised if they are Court Martial and sent to the brig. Bread and water these motherfuckers.

That's what they deserve. Treating babies poorly is inexcusable, particularly for people put in a position of care. Human trash.

Slayven

People call babies little devils or satans sometimes because they cry often and are not easy to deal with.

I have never heard it used in conjunction with race before.

Making the black babies dance to In Da Club is unfortunate, but I still don't think it is out and out racism, just stupidity and a total lack of being a good nurse and respecting those who are entrusted in your care.

This is stupid girl s being stupid. The nurses on question could just as easily been black and it would still be a fireable offense. Unless they were using racial epithets pr outright showing otherwise disdain or abuse based on race, I am going to sit out the racist drumbeating on this one.

Edit: and while they were being a little rough on the babies, some of you have obviously never seen a baby born before. The nurses in the OR/delivery room are anything BUT gentle to newborns, they whip them around, rub them furiously, pull and yank on their limbs, etc. Babies are resilient and not actually made of thin glass, you know.
Jesus, you really going with "Not that bad, babies are tough" excuse? That is cold as fuck.

Look, I'm going to be honest with you.

Given your history of downplaying racism in damn near every relevant thread, I don't take you seriously at all. I just don't have you on ignore because I don't put anyone on ignore.

You could have at least tried to find a picture that kind of looked like the baby in the video.

Yep says a lot about how much energy he is putting in defending the folks strongarming a baby

lol..Even here. And one has a child..
Dude, the ladies might very well be racist. I just don't think the facts we know are definitive yet.

oC13TFD.jpg

Is this baby definitely black? I honestly can't tell, and literally none of the stories written about this mention the babies races or that racism was possibly involved.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
50 cent? They just so happened to pick that song? They just so happened to dehumanize a newborn?

A hugely popular song that these ignorant/immature girls knew? Yeah. If they were going the racist angle "dehumanizing" them is that the first song they would think about?

People make animals dance to in da club, it is just a damn song.

https://youtu.be/ArCX129VRYY

Probably 10000 of these videos on YouTube of babies or animals dancing to that song, white or black, or calico.

gdt

It's amazing how hard people work to ignore, disprove, obfuscate, forget, forgive, and straight up hide racism. Call someone anything you want but never a racist.

Is bad enuff these idiots come out every race incident but to come out where those babies were assaulted without consent and demonized....

New low reached...

Need more evidence... Not enuff to say what really happened... Benefit, benefit, the doubt give it to them

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
It's amazing how hard people work to ignore, disprove, obfuscate, forget, forgive, and straight up hide racism. Call someone anything you want but never a racist.

They could be racist, nobody is disputing that, but given the evidence, there really is no way to know. Those babies could be any color at all, for example.

Jesus, you really going with "Not that bad, babies are tough" excuse? That is cold as fuck.

Yep says a lot about how much energy he is putting in defending the folks strongarming a baby

Ive read shit like that before and it almost always comes from #MAGA supporters and the alt-right. They like to play dumb in that exact same manner. Denial of racism is the name of their game.

It's unbelievable....there's a defense Force for everything. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck. Smh

Let me repeat myself here since people seem to get confused:

THEY SHOULD BE FIRED FOR MANHANDLING BABIES REGARDLESS OF IF THEY ARE RACIST OR NOT.

Derwind

Acts of racism are all just circumstantial. Just an innocent little misunderstanding.

People call babies little devils or satans sometimes because they cry often and are not easy to deal with.

I have never heard it used in conjunction with race before.

You've never heard people express the opinion that black people are evil?

Making the black babies dance to In Da Club is unfortunate, but I still don't think it is out and out racism, just stupidity and a total lack of being a good nurse and respecting those who are entrusted in your care.

Racism is what lead them to think they could do that to a black baby in the fucking first place. It's what lead them to think "Hey, this little thing is here for my amusement. I can do what I want. The respect I should have for a human being is irrelevant." It's another facet of the dehumanization we face.

This is stupid girl s being stupid. The nurses on question could just as easily been black and it would still be a fireable offense. Unless they were using racial epithets pr outright showing otherwise disdain or abuse based on race, I am going to sit out the racist drumbeating on this one.

And this is another facet of the dehumanization we face and I hate to say it but it's folks like you. Always making an excuse. Always coming up with some hypothetical to explain the obvious away. And to your point of "the nurse could have been black". You're absolutely right. Plenty of black people in a professional capacity treat other black people like shit because they know they can get away with it. Typically cause folks like you won't give a shit and they know it.

Edit: and while they were being a little rough on the babies, some of you have obviously never seen a baby born before. The nurses in the OR/delivery room are anything BUT gentle to newborns, they whip them around, rub them furiously, pull and yank on their limbs, etc. Babies are resilient and not actually made of thin glass, you know.

This is fairly dumb. Yes, I've been in a delivery room and seen a baby born. They don't disrespect the child like that and they're pretty gentle unless there's a medical emergency. Wtf is this?

mid83

I work in a hospital and it never ceases to amaze me that people have the balls to not only film themselves with patients but actually post it online. Then adding in the malicious/racist part of this story, and it's just mind blowing how gross this is. Pretty bold and disgusting if you ask me.

The first thing they tell you when you start a health care related program, and remind you of time and time again during hospital orientation, is to NEVER post patient pictures or information on social media. Yet, people still do it.

Kreed

Here we are with a thread about two jackass nurses forcing babies to dance to inappropriate music, flipping them off, and calling them satan all on social media without anyone's consent, and yet we have people more concerned about the acts being "mislabeled" racist? Sounds about right.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
These are not nurses, but enlisted, hospital corpsman.

I was a hospital corpsman when I was in the Navy. Wtf were these sailors thinking?!

The Navy is going to throw the book at them, dishonorable discharge with no benefits.

Goodbye life.

Good luck trying to get a job outside of McDonald's or Walmart.

Yeah, I hope they catch dishonorable discharges. They'll have to explain to potential employers why they're pieces of shit for the rest of their lives, they'll lose benefits they don't deserve and it'll stick with them til their last breath.

This is a newborn. Newborns cannot be moved like this. They are fragile. She could stunt or significantly injure one of them.

What. The. Fuck.

kvothe

I don't think anyone in here is saying it's A-okay to forcefully make newborns dance.

Except Bit-Bit🙄

This is about race. You cant take it out. Stop trying. Man up.

Yup. Tired of the disrespect but even worse is people that constantly hand-wave it away. I get it, you don't give a shit and wanna defend white supremacy at all costs but holy shit...can't ya'll just admit folks got serious racial issues to think to do shit like that?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Why is it so important that people who mistreat NEWBORN BABIES not be racists? I mean go ahead and ask yourself how this became a rhetorical goal on a Tuesday evening for you.

Derwind

Why is it so important that people who mistreat NEWBORN BABIES not be racists? I mean go ahead and ask yourself how this became a rhetorical goal on a Tuesday evening for you.

It might ruin these young ladies futures to be labelled racist because of a dumb act. These are lives on the line!

/s

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Everyone in here that isn't jumping on the racism train is apparently a #MAGA, alt-right, ignorant piece of garbage enabling and supporting racism?

I am literally the most liberal person I know personally. I am for reparations, affirmative action, and anything else to stem the tide of ongoing and historical racism that plagues and has plagued black people for generations. I am just unwilling to jump on the racism wagon on this one until I know more. Fire these girls, they obviously deserve it for myriad reasons, but I cannot tell that their actions are racially motivated or just plain stupid.

Everyone in here that isn't jumping on the racism train is apparently a #MAGA, alt-right, ignorant piece of garbage enabling and supporting racism?

I am literally the most liberal person I know personally. I am for reparations, affirmative action, and anything else to stem the tide of ongoing and historical racism that plagues and has plagued black people for generations. I am just unwilling to jump on the racism wagon on this one until I know more. Fire these girls, they obviously deserve it for myriad reasons, but I cannot tell that their actions are racially motivated or just plain stupid.

Calm down

And consider why you might feel that calling two people on video abusing other people's children racists is too much

The thread about the nazi getting punched was locked.

Has this thread surpassed the one about the nazi who murdered two black men yet?

How about you trust our judgement on this for once fellow ally? We got you, fam.

BriGuy

Well, that's certainly a new low. Evil, even. Like if there was a heaven and you faced judgment after you died, this in itself would you bar you from entry. That's how evil this is.

Wait, are people saying they're not sure it's racist cuz they can't tell the race of the child, or because a white woman playing with a black newborn like they're a human marionette to 50 fucking cent is not necessarily racist? Because if the latter, wow.

Cyan

Banned
So, the story as presented in the OP is confusing because the photos don't make the race of the babies clear, and the linked story doesn't support the thread title. Like maybe I'm missing some more obvious indicator, or maybe these people originally posted unredacted photos that made it more clear (if so definitely do not post them). I'm not seeing anything in the couple of stories about this I checked regarding the race of the babies. If anyone's got a better source please let me know so I can add it to the OP. It'd be nice to discuss the story without this confusion.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hmm, I find the video funny. But I also would understand why some people would me upset over it. However, my daughter is 10 months old and I've used her like a puppet to dance to all sorts of music.

How would you like it someone puppeted your daughter like that in the video

A complete fucking stranger

How about I play "I'm a Bitch" in the background and twirl her around and record the video for the lulz

I'm guessing you would be fucking giddy as hell your child is being dehumanized for the world to see amirite?

You and your flesh and blood interacting and a Stranger and someone of yours are 2 different things

funny? how can you find any humor at all in the physical abuse of hours old Black babies by the people who are supposed to be taking care of them?

did i mention hours old Black babies?

hours old Black babies?

literally newly born.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
How about you trust our judgement on this for once fellow ally? We got you, fam.

I will just keep quiet and let you guys work it out then. No need to antagonize anyone who feels passionately about it. I am all for a mea culpa if it turns out your race-dar on this is right. It doesn't even matter that the opposite side do the same, since being racist is the least of these girls' problems anyway.

low-G

Gonna need to screen all these people's facebook accounts / iphone messages / all social media and ban them from ever doing work if they make racist comments or messages to anyone.

Top Bottom