• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia Game 24 Stream All Night Live Another Day

wildfire

Banned

http://game24.nvidia.com/event

• Experience never-before-seen PC gaming technologies and be the first to hear about incredible new products and game announcements.
  • Watch exclusive partner interviews with Epic, Ubisoft, Boss Key, NCSoft, Blizzard, Wargaming, SOE, Deep Silver, 2K Games, Warner Brothers, Respawn, Red Bull, and many others.
  • Learn the secret training regimen of professional eSports teams, including Evil Geniuses, Cloud 9, Team Tinker, and Alliance—then watch them compete in the GAME24 DotA 2 Invitational tournament.
  • Watch the shattering of 2 world records!
  • Participate in our interactive livestream by judging competitions, chatting with developers and celebrities, and uploading content of your own.
  • Yes, there will be amazing prizes, including 4K NVIDIA G-SYNC monitors, NVIDIA SHIELD tablets, a Falcon Northwest Tiki, and three custom-built rigs, each with 3-way NVIDIA SLI GeForce GTX GPUs. That's right...you could win one of the world's first VR gaming rigs!

Guest Starring​

Maxwell
qIEglBY.png

AMD

YrLlZt3.png

Voxels

ayt7y4U.png

Scheduled Events Known So Far

t1411088400z1.png

Maxwell Reviews​

Main Stream​

Monolith Demo of Shadows of Mordor
3pm PDT, September 19

Gaming Competition Stream​

8KThrMs.png

The NVIDIA Game24 Dota 2 Invitational will feature four of the best teams in the Western Scene duking it out in an all best-of-five, single elimination tournament played out within a 24-hour period taking place on September 18th and 19th.

Semi-Final #1: Cloud9 vs Team EG (10:00PM PDT / 1:00AM EDT / 07:00 CEST)
Semi-Final #2: Alliance vs Team Tinker (4:00AM PDT / 7:00AM EDT / 13:00 CEST)
Grand Final: TBD vs TBD (11:30AM PDT / 2:30PM EDT / 20:30 CEST)

Mod24 Stream​

header-mod24.jpg

Held at NVIDIA HQ in sunny Santa Clara, California, Mod24 will see three teams of two compete over the course of 24 hours to build the most impressive GeForce GTX gaming PC, with the champions being crowned by a panel of industry experts and celebrity judges.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/mod24

Live Events
You can be at demonstrations in person at the following 8 locations. Check links for which special guests will be at your location. (Thanks ashecitism)

Stockholm, Sweden
WEBHALLEN, SVEAVAGEN 39, 11134 STOCKHOLM CITY, SWEDEN
19th September, 2014
Doors open 21.00

London, England
BOILER HOUSE, THE OLD TRUMAN BREWERY,
91 BRICK LANE, LONDON
19th September, 2014
Doors open 18.30 / Last entry 22.00

Shanghai, China
Peace Hotel
20 East Nanjing Road, The Bund, Shanghai, China
9/19/14 at 7 pm CST

Los Angeles, USA
Hangar 8, 3021 Airport Avenue, Santa Monica, California.
9/18/14 at 5pm - 11pm PST
Open to 18 and up

Chicago, USA
Ignite Gaming Lounge, 3341 N. Elston Ave., Chicago, Illinois.
9/18/14 7pm - 1am CST

Indianapolis, USA
eBash Indianapolis Video Game Center, 6609 East 82nd St., Indianapolis, Indiana.
9/18/14 at 8pm - 2am EST

Mission Viejo, USA
27741 Crown Valley Pkwy, Ste. 223, Mission Viejo, California.
9/18/14 at 5pm - 11pm PDT

Phil4000

So what kind of news and game announcements are we expecting from the event?
What I am thinking:

- Homeworld Remastered (first official showing)
- Final Fantasy XV coming to PC
- New VR game announcement
- Boss Key game announcement (Cliffy B)

Other News:
- PC gaming resurgence stats
- Sneak peak at new tech in Direct X12
- GTX980/970 announcements
- Gameworks demonstrations (for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Assassin's Creed Unity, Call of Duty: Advance Warfare and Project Cars)
- A hardware announcement from Alienware and/or Razer
- An update on Steam Machines (Valve/Nvidia partnership)
- New TegraK1 devices! (and games that utilize it)
- New G-Sync monitors! (IPS, 4K)
- Partnership news with Ubisoft
- Oculus Rift news
5YtxGdE.gif

So what kind of news and game announcements are we expecting from the event?
What I am thinking:

- Homeworld Remastered (first official showing)
- Final Fantasy XV coming to PC
- New VR game announcement
- Boss Key game announcement (Cliffy B)

Other News:
- PC gaming resurgence stats
- Sneak peak at new tech in Direct X12
- GTX980/970 announcements
- Gameworks demonstrations (for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Assassin's Creed Unity, Call of Duty: Advance Warfare and Project Cars)
- A hardware announcement from Alienware and/or Razer
- An update on Steam Machines (Valve/Nvidia partnership)
- New TegraK1 devices! (and games that utilize it)
- New G-Sync monitors! (IPS, 4K)
- Partnership news with Ubisoft
- Oculus Rift news
5YtxGdE.gif

As someone looking to replace a 3.5 year old 560Ti, it's all about the Maxwell cards for me.

Phil4000

Leaked slides from tonight's event for those who may have missed them.
http://videocardz.com/52552/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-and-gtx-970-press-slides-pictures-charts

Some of most interesting slides:
Gen comparison (Kelpler vs Maxwell)
NVIDIA-Maxwell-GM204-Press-Slides-45.jpg

Significantly improved energy efficiency
NVIDIA-Maxwell-GM204-Press-Slides-28.jpg

Nvidia's VR Initiative
NVIDIA-Maxwell-GM204-Press-Slides-40.jpg

Ubisoft's Games will look an order of magnitude better on PC compared to the current gen console versions.
Farcry 4
NVIDIA-Maxwell-GM204-Press-Slides-16.jpg

Assassin's Creed Unity (PC exclusive Tessellation? among other improvements)
NVIDIA-Maxwell-GM204-Press-Slides-56.jpg

Azzurri

Same here - I'm ready to order my 980 in ~11h after I wake up. Don't dissapoint me NVIDIA (especially when it comes to price!).

Rockin my mighty 580 for almost 4 years now, these 900's will be a nice boost while playing at 1440p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Nvidia VR Direct seems the most interesting thing (after showing Maxwell gpu ofcourse) but I want to see if they'll have Shield portable 2.

also I want to see Nvidia gameworks on more games not just Ubi's.

syko de4d

But as I said in the other thread, didn't he only recently found the studio and hire all those people? What can they show at this point?

but there must be a reason why they are at this event, or? We will see. In todays time of Early Access and Kickstarter some devs have no problems to show a very early build :)

elyetis

By far the most interesting part for me.

VR SLI could actually get me to buy into SLI... except I have no space for that. Maybe single card.

Think about it, SLI which actually decreases latency!
Yup. Given how much I fear CV1 and it's higher resolution & 90 fps, that would be god sent.

Dario ff

Banned
Kinda related, the moderators are giving away some Broforce codes in the chat, I just got one. :D

Hoping for a sweet price on the 970 myself. 4 GB VRAM baseline seems like a good start.

Dynamic Super Resolution? It's basically downsampling, right? But only easier to enable through GeForce Experience instead of fiddling around?

Everything so far is "leaks" and rumors. We've seen all sorts of price points.

$550/$350 wouldn't be terrible.

The rumored 500/550 for the 980 is terrible but it doesn't really matter when the 970 exists, as long as there is enough stock to actually get one at that price at release and in the months after.

If we can finally get a nice midrange card at a reasonable midrange price again I'll take it and pretend the 980 doesn't exist.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if they'll have any Killing Floor 2 at the event. Wishful thinking on my part but for fuck sake man, I'm not even getting any scraps for this bloody game :(

garath

The rumored 500/550 for the 980 is terrible but it doesn't really matter when the 970 exists, as long as there is enough stock to actually get one at that price at release and in the months after.

If we can finally get a nice midrange card at a reasonable midrange price again I'll take it and pretend the 980 doesn't exist.

Yeah, I was thinking originally that the 980 for $500 was going to be my card but looking at the leaked performance comparisons I think I'd be very happy with the 970 for almost $200 less.

Addnan

Anyone here going to the event in London, Brick Lane? I registered for it while ago thinking if my delivery comes early I will go to this thing. Try the rift and and win a 980 :p

Top Bottom