• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official guide for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain announced

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The Complete Official Guide

Hardcover Collector's Edition Guide

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1908172789/

On September 1st, Piggyback is releasing two guides for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, a paperback version and a collector’s edition guide. Both guides promise to reveal all of the game’s secrets, but aside from that, the collector’s edition comes with several extras, including a special hardcover and lithograph by Yoji Shinkawa, and over 30 pages with ‘additional content’. See the official product description and details below.

Paperback Guide ($24.99)
Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Piggyback-Guide.jpg

The Ultimate Guide to 100% Completion!

¨All missions, all side quests, all secrets, all collectibles, all Achievements and Trophies – at your fingertips!

¨TURNKEY WALKTHROUGH: An at-a-glance, map-based walkthrough steers you through the entire adventure supported by annotated hi-res screenshots.

¨ALL GAME SYSTEMS DECODED:
Statistics, diagrams and analysis from our experts provide a comprehensive understanding of all game systems and features, including the Mother Base management metagame.

¨A WEALTH OF EXTRAS: Includes an extensive story recap, a poster covering the immense game area and much more!

¨DEVELOPMENT: Developed directly with Kojima Productions in Tokyo.

¨MAINTAINING TRADITION: From the same team that brought you the highly acclaimed guides to Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

¨QUALITY CONTROL:
Carefully designed to avoid unnecessary story spoilers.

Collector’s Edition Guide ($34.99)
Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Piggyback-Collectors-Guide.jpg

A Must Have for the Metal Gear Solid Collector!!

EXCLUSIVE TO THE COLLECTOR’S EDITION GUIDE: A lithograph by Yoji Shinkawa, an art gallery, an exclusive hardcover and additional content.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=19894

SerTapTap

Ugh, really don't want to give any more money to Konami, but I want that hardcover collector's edition. Just one more thing...

Also, FFS they even put those gross renders on the guides. Should have been Shinkawa art. Should ALWAYS be Shinkawa art on the cover of everything MGS.

Justinh

Hmmm, I'm a sucker for hardcover guides, even if they just sit on a shelf and never get used (I'm looking at you Zelda guides).

Italicized is only part of my post that matters

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The hardcover collector’s edition guide has 400 pages!

Shauni

I got the guide for MGS4, but I never really used it. But I don't know, by all accounts and purposes, this is looking like Kojima's last ride with the franchise so it might something worth getting just for the feels.

Boke1879

Just preordered that CE guide. They developed alongside Kojima productions. You know it's going to be good and I'm sure it's going to have AMAZING Skinkawa art. September is turning out to be a pretty expensive month for me.

I got the CE of MGSV TPP
Just preordered this hardbook guide
Getting the CE of Might Number 9

and I just put a preorder in for this bad boy.

MGSV-Sneaking-Suit-Venom-Snake-Play-Arts-Kai-001.jpg

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I got the LE MGS4 guide and I enjoyed it a lot. I tried getting everything from the LE game, the 80 GB PS3, and the guide. I would definitely enjoy owning this.

NYR94

With the MGSV hype increasing over the last few days with the embargo ending soon and E3 coming up I had been googling "MGSV strategy guide" every day in hope of finding out the release date. Easy pre-order for me. Thanks!

Buntabox

I hope the extras are as robust as the MGS4 CE guide. Loved the introspective of the series in it. Made MGS4 sound better than it actually played out on screen.

Falchion

If there's a series that could use long, detailed guides it's MGS. So many secrets, different difficulty challenges, hidden costumes, etc.

Zach

I had it in my cart. What have I become? I've already pre-ordered the gah dang $100 collector's version of the game with the little toy hand. I will not buy a guide! C'mon!

And pre-ordered. v_v

KiraXD

Just preordered that CE guide. They developed alongside Kojima productions. You know it's going to be good and I'm sure it's going to have AMAZING Skinkawa art. September is turning out to be a pretty expensive month for me.

I got the CE of MGSV TPP
Just preordered this hardbook guide
Getting the CE of Might Number 9

and I just put a preorder in for this bad boy.

MGSV-Sneaking-Suit-Venom-Snake-Play-Arts-Kai-001.jpg

FUCKING LOVE Play Arts. but i like PAKs Venom Snake more...

metal-snake-dude-03.jpg

Shinkawa and spoiler-free? Consider it bought.

Justifies not buying the collector's edition so I have enough money for this.

Epcott

*sigh*
More of my monies out of my wallet for Metals Gear. On a side note, is the lifesize prosthetic arm pre-order bonus JP only?

Danny-Boy

Thanks. Pre-ordered the Limited Edition guide. This will fit nicely, got the MGS4 LE Guide, MGS3 guide, MGS2 guide, and the MGSPW guide.

Not a fan of play arts figures. I'll wait for Hot Toys but I doubt they'll ever do MGSV.

witness

Will get the CE guide, Kojima's last MGS so I feel like I need to. It's going to be a very bittersweet title.

Kas

I'll have to get it. For some reason, I love guides even though I rarely use them. It's a nice little thing to have on hand.

Top Bottom