• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB Thread - 2006 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc213

Damn Arizona came up a run short! He was safe damnit, He didn't apply the tag or have his foot on the bag!!!

I GOT TICKETS TO GAME 3 VS THE METS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Congrats to the former Sawx player Freddy Sanchez on his batting title. It's nice for Pirates fans (the few there are) to have something to cheer about.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
I am now officially on the A's bandwagon.

How many lefties do the Dodgers have in their rotation?

2 if I'm not mistaken. Glavine and Kuo

edit: why the **** did I think Glavine was on the Dodgers and not the Mets? I'm an idiot.

rc213

Hong-Chih Kuo and Eric Stults are the only ones who have had starts in the last month. With Kuo pitching great since he got his first start against the Mets in NY.

There is also Mark Hendrickson but he has been in the bullpen lately. Kuo is the Game 2 starter according to the Fox Sports post game show.

Brad Penny might also be available for Game 2, He threw a bullpen session and said he felt great.

NomarTyme

rc213 said:
Damn Arizona came up a run short! He was safe damnit, He didn't apply the tag or have his foot on the bag!!!

Good for you.

rc213 said:
Hong-Chih Kuo and Eric Stults are the only ones who have had starts in the last month. With Kuo pitching great since he got his first start against the Mets in NY.

There is also Mark Hendrickson but he has been in the bullpen lately. Kuo is the Game 2 starter according to the Fox Sports post game show.

Brad Penny might also be available for Game 2, He threw a bullpen session and said he felt great.

Dodgers are really banking on Kuo for replicating performance he did had last time against the Mets. Will he do it? I hope to Baseball Gods he does.

T-1000_Model3 said:
How many lefties do the Dodgers have in their rotation?

Joe Beimel - Reliever
Mark Hendrickson - Reliever/Starter
Eric Stults - Reliever/Starter
Hong-Chih Kuo - Starter

Joe

Yankees vs. Tigers: Yankees in 4
Twins vs. A's: Twins in 5

Mets vs. Dodgers: Dodgers in 5
Cardinals vs. Padres: Padres in 4

Meier

rc213 said:

That's ****in' awesome! Root for those of us who cant be there in person. :D

firex

Tigers in 5 (I know they don't want to face the yanks, but I get that stupid "team of destiny" feeling like last year for the white sox)
Twins in 4

Mets in 5 (I hope I'm wrong but I just imagine the Mets' lineup will be able to carry them)
Pads in 4

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
I thought Glavine has his bloodclot? Or is he playing through it?
Eminem said:
I am now officially on the A's bandwagon.

2 if I'm not mistaken. Glavine and Kuo

edit: why the **** did I think Glavine was on the Dodgers and not the Mets? I'm an idiot.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Poody said:
I thought Glavine has his bloodclot? Or is he playing through it?
Turned out to be very minor caused by scarring from old injuries. All he needed to do was take some baby aspirin to help thin the blood a bit. He only missed one start.

Joe

i won an auction for game 1 alds tickets on friday night and this asshole still hasnt emailed me back. im getting worried.

Miguel

sefskillz said:
mig :( what happens now :(
We jump on former Astro great's bandwagons, like Geoff Blum (San Diego), Jeff Kent (Los Angeles), Kirk Saarloos (A's) and Johan Santana (ok, it's a stretch).

My Playoffs Depth chart

A's
Twins
Padres
Dodgers
Tigers

IR:
Mets/Cards/Yankees

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Both Kuo and Wang are Taiwanese. Here's hoping they face off each others if their teams are able to advance to the next round :D

pollo

Banned
Not if we get someone with clout to make it *cough* eminem *cough* miguel
wellington is pretty active. he'll sticky it

adg1034

Twins all the way. Converted position players turned into fukking awesome pitchers FTW.

In case you don't know who I'm talking about: Santana, Nathan, Liriano (even though he's not pitching).

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
So there's not going to be a new thread? Let us keep this juggernaut rolling then.

Let's see here...

Mets vs. Dodgers: Mets in 5
Cardinals vs. Padres: Padres in 5

Dr. Strangelove said:
So there's not going to be a new thread? Let us keep this juggernaut rolling then.

Let's see here...

Cardinals vs. Padres: Padres in 5
My predictions as well.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yankees vs. Tigers: Yankees in 5 -- Eh, Randy starting game 3...
Twins vs. A's: A's in 5 -- Maybe billy beane bought enough computers to finally get a win?

Cardinals vs. Padres: Cardinals in 5

Yankees vs. Tigers: Yankees in 3
Twins vs. A's: Twins in 4

Mets vs. Dodgers: Dodgers in 4
Cardinals vs. Padres: Cardinals in 5

Hey, this is the first time the Braves have ended a season with a win since 1995.

Cloudy

Banned
LOL @ Tigers. If they can't hold down the fukking Royals in Comerica, how are they gonna keep that Yankee's lineup in the yard? :lol

Fatalah

Anybody else catch the tension between Kruk and Phillips on Baseball Tonight?

Jeez, I know Steve Phillips is an idiot, but Kruk looks like he wants to physically hurt him...badly!:lol

NomarTyme

Fatalah said:
Anybody else catch the tension between Kruk and Phillips on Baseball Tonight?

Jeez, I know Steve Phillips is an idiot, but Kruk looks like he wants to physically hurt him...badly!:lol

I like the part where Philips said "Am I annoying" to Kruk, that was a sweet moment. :lol

final standings

Dr. Strangelove 1,405
Eminem 1,345
Y2Kevbug11 1,052
R_GILL 853
The Frankman 740
Miguel 692
Matrix 623
evil solrac v3.0 594
Angelus 581
Joe 536

so ends the greatest thread ever in the history of the off-topic, nay, GAMING -AGE FORUMS. next year we go for 20,000 posts.

yankees 95-67 so close...
red sox 91-71 so wrong....
toronto 87-75 i had it right!!
tampa bay 70-92
baltimore. 63-99

yankees are a bit more stable this year (just barely) the pitching seems suspect. but the hitting is godly. red sox have lost a step and look for toronto to catch up. tampa has a good line-up and baltimore chucks it this year.

AL CENTRAL

chicago 100-62
cleveland 97-65
minnesotta 89-73
detroit 81-81
eh.... whatever....
kansas city 57-105

chicago's pitching is as strong as it's been and the line-up is solid top to bottom. cleveland will beat them out next year though. that team did a complete rennaissance from the mid-late 90's days. twinkies will be competitive.

AL WEST

anaheim 93-69
oakland 88-74
almost got it...
texas 85-77
seattle 73-89

i dont see too much change. oakland has of course nice young pitchers but i think anaheim outlasts them. not much to say. will finish this later.

NL EAST.

braves 95-67
mets 91-71
phillies 89-73
nationals 83-79
marlins 60-102
oh man, forget this one....

hoo boy, the braves juice aint running out any time soon and the line-up is now complete and healthy. a well oiled running machine. mets are improved but they need time to gel. i can even see the phillies overtake them if they put it togheter.

NL CENTRAL

cardinals 97-65
brewers 87-75
astros 85-77
cubs 75-87
pirates 70-92
reds 65-97
for god's sake...

as always this is the most interesting division but only for geography purposes. the cards have no real competition here aside from houston who frankly didnt do much this off-season. and clemens left. the brewers have some good, young solid players who could be very exciting. look for them to make some noise. the rest are teh suck.

NL WEST.

padres 92-70
dodgers 89-73
giants 85-77
colorado 77-85
diamondbacks 66-96
christ does the NL suck or what...

i cant think of anything here. giants depend on barry and the dodgers will have enough to get over the hump. edit: unless theh padres magically rise from the grave!!!!

WILD CARD
cleveland
mets

ALCS
yanks over chi-sox

NLCS
braves over cardinals

world series
cardinals vs. yankees

a fun year but i did much better last year...

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
evil solrac v3.0 said:
final standings

Dr. Strangelove 1,405
Eminem 1,345
Y2Kevbug11 1,052
R_GILL 853
The Frankman 740
Miguel 692
Matrix 623
evil solrac v3.0 594
Angelus 581
Joe 536

so ends the greatest thread ever in the history of the off-topic, nay, GAMING -AGE FORUMS. next year we go for 20,000 posts.

If the Blue Jays hadn't sucked so much after the All Star break I could have probably broke a 1000 posts. Oh well there is always next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom