• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Monster Hunter Thread

tenchir

Post on this this thread if you have Monster Hunter. I am going to rent the game tonight. So when should we set up a game?

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
I just got the game, I am first playing the Offline Quest so I can get the game down and then I will be online. My screen name is GUNSTAR77.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
GAF Monster Hunter Meetup:

World: Sincere
Land: Blue
Area: P
Town: Shouldn't matter, people from all three towns will be visible.

Password the quests with: "gaf"

Usually you get to see a fair amount of GAF'ers online at that meeting spot.

tenchir

Ugh, I had trouble connecting with Monster Hunter. I finally read the noticed that said I had to re-register my login, right now I can't register my name for some reason, I can't even connect to the server, but could get pass DNAS. Can't even register on Resident Evil Online too. :(

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
tenchir said:
Ugh, I had trouble connecting with Monster Hunter. I finally read the noticed that said I had to re-register my login, right now I can't register my name for some reason, I can't even connect to the server, but could get pass DNAS. Can't even register on Resident Evil Online too. :(
Maybe someone took your name.... I reregistered my name with "D" and not "d" and I could connect after DNAS...

tenchir

I finally registered an log on. Turns out that the server was busy. Anyway, there's a special event that is held between 9/30-10/3.
"Special Event Quest Info!"

Quest: Velociprey Hunting!
Can you slay a pack of 30 Velociprey
without falling once? If you have
what it takes, come to the guild!

Date: 9/30-10/3 2004
Time: 12:00-26:00 PDT

The quest will only be held during
the period above.

So who is in?? I am going to beef up my character before it starts.

tenchir

Damn stupid dragon, why must he keep ruining our shit?

Edit: Is there a targeting system for this game? I can't aim for shit.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Damn that Dragon... DAMN HIM TO HELL!!!! We just needed one more red velo and we could have ended the quest.

SaitoH

How odd, I play on sincere/blue with some people I know.

I didn't know your login name stays so my character name is SaitoH666.

>_>

Brannon

I'm currently doing offline quests and am getting owned every time I try to return 2 wyvern eggs to camp. Damn velociprey keep jumping me no matter how erratic my running is. Is there a way to put the egg down and beat their asses so I can get my damn job done? Or am I stuck lugging the thing from beginning to end?

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
The egg can't be dropped, unfortunately. Those quests are true white-knucklers -- running through Velociprey packs yelling "SERPENTINE, SERPENTINE!!!" hoping that they'll pounce right past me.

MH025.JPG

Good fun stealing an egg out from underneath the Wyvern's nose, though.

I did the 1 egg offline quest.

The only advice I have is to max your stamina before taking the egg so you have plenty of running power.

tenchir said:
Damn stupid dragon, why must he keep ruining our shit?

Edit: Is there a targeting system for this game? I can't aim for shit.

Try using the dpad to track your enemy while your comboing with the right analog.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I just keeping hitting L1 to recenter the camera and use the up and down on the d-pad to get a better view. The E3 controls for the game had the camera controls on [ ] and O. Thank god they changed that.

Regarding that one offline quest where you have to carry the egg back, those stupid wasps keeping hitting me and I drop the egg :( This is my last ** quest too before I head off to the *** quests.

tenchir

Who's up for a game tonight? My brother and his gf should finish playing BurnOut3 on my PS2 around 8:30 tonight.

Gunstar77

That was a fun time tonight guys. I am finally starting to upgrade my equipment, money is hard to come by in this game. Hopefully I we can play again but I know it is going to be crazy this week at my job, so I might not be around.

tenchir

FInally upgraded my sword to a bone sword, slow as hell, but I could kill the velociprey within 2 hit, so it's cool. "Tried" to do the egg quest and it's pissing me off to no end, if the dragon didn't chase my ass, then it would be either the hornet or the velocoprey.

Doesn't feel right posting here... I'm not playing MH online. o_O

Anyway... I killed an entire weekend on this game. Now I'm scrambling to write a paper for my 5:30pm class with no prep-time. But I don't really care, because even offline this game rocks. I'm about halfway through the 3-star quests right now, and I'm loving every moment. Of course, I haven't tried to take down a wyvern by myself or anything, yet...

How are you guys earning money, btw? I've got a sh*tload of skins, bones, and fangs in my inventory, and I know all about the Special Mushrooms (and that nice old man in the forest), but I'm still coming up short on money for upgrades. Usually what I end up doing is going on a 1-star fishing trip to fill my coffers. Is there anything faster?

EDIT: The egg quests weren't that hard. :)

Vark

Bah, I missed all weekend, I need to catch up.

The goldenfish mission is great for cash, its worth a few k to finish but the fish also sell for about 768 each, even the lesser fish you catch can fetch a few hundred.

tenchir

It's time to slay the dragon.

Got enough money to improve my eq, but I am going to need help in finding materials to create them.

tenchir

Tried soloing the Yian Kut Ku again yesterday with pit-traps. Must have hit the bastard countless times and he just won't die.

Gunstar77

Here is a little update if anyone is interested. The new event quest is Capture the Kut Ku in under 5 minutes. If anyone is up for a game tomorrow night let me know.

Top Bottom